RemedySpot.com

Question about tingling in hands/feet?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If anyone can answer some of the following questions it would be appreciated.

Just lately, my Dad is experiencing tingling often in hands/fingers and feet.

What does this mean?

Is it very common with psc, if so does it mean something as far as progression etc?

Is there anything that he can take naturally? Vitamins etc. Perhaps his body is low in something?

My Dad was diagnosed in 1996 and has not had a lot of symptoms. His tests every year come back elevated but not significantly.

Lori A.

"Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

When I was having those symptoms it turned out that I had developed

B-12 Deficency as a result of the PSC. I now get monthly B-12

injections and no longer have the symptoms.

Dawn

>

> If anyone can answer some of the following questions it would be

appreciated.

> Just lately, my Dad is experiencing tingling often in

hands/fingers and feet.

>

> What does this mean?

> Is it very common with psc, if so does it mean something as far as

progression etc?

> Is there anything that he can take naturally? Vitamins etc. 

Perhaps his body is low in something?

>

> My Dad was diagnosed in 1996 and has not had a lot of symptoms. 

His tests every year come back elevated but not significantly.

>

>  

> Lori A.

>  

> " Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs! "

>  

> First Weber Group

> Cell:

> 1507 E. Sunset Drive

> Waukesha, WI  53189

> LoriUSA@...

> www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

>

When I was having those symptoms it turned out that I had developed

B-12 Deficency as a result of the PSC. I now get monthly B-12

injections and no longer have the symptoms.

Dawn

>

> If anyone can answer some of the following questions it would be

appreciated.

> Just lately, my Dad is experiencing tingling often in

hands/fingers and feet.

>

> What does this mean?

> Is it very common with psc, if so does it mean something as far as

progression etc?

> Is there anything that he can take naturally? Vitamins etc. 

Perhaps his body is low in something?

>

> My Dad was diagnosed in 1996 and has not had a lot of symptoms. 

His tests every year come back elevated but not significantly.

>

>  

> Lori A.

>  

> " Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs! "

>  

> First Weber Group

> Cell:

> 1507 E. Sunset Drive

> Waukesha, WI  53189

> LoriUSA@...

> www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

>

I'm am interested in the answer to this question also.

My husband has PSC/AIH and after coming back from vacation the

beginning of this month he started to complain about tingling in his

feet. It has now progressed to his hands and he is quite worried.

Any information would be helpful

I had been having those tingle feelings in my hands

and feet, but now it is just pure numbness. When I go

to stand up and try to pick up my foot to walk, the

heel lifts up but the front of my foot won't

budge...kind of like a paralysis. I was attributing

it to having had back surgery (tumor removed back in

1998). I had no feeling in my toes then, but after 2

years I got it back and everything was fine...now I

wonder if the tumor is coming back or if it is PSC

related.

Cindy Baudoux-Northrup

related.

Cindy Baudoux-Northrup

related.

Cindy Baudoux-Northrup

Lori,

Have you taken flagyl? I have neuropathy in my feet. They thought because of Flagyl but it didn't go away after I stopped taking it. Going to a neurologist again in February.

Patti

Subject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?To: Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 8:24 AM

Thanks for that good info. I don't know if he is having discoloration but I will find out. One of the other responses regarding tingling was being low in B12. When taking B12 the symtoms stopped. Looking into that too!

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@ Yahoo.com

www.Lori.FirstWeber .com

From: Sandi Pearlman <kizzersmom (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: @ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:10:08 PMSubject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?

Lori,

Hi! I've been complaining about tingling in my feet and especially my hands/fingers for a while now. When I first mentioned it to my PSC doc, they thought it was probably not PSC related. However, when I mentioned it again a few months later when I saw her, she said that she'd had several other PSC patients complain of the same thing and that it could be a PSC side effect. They also wanted me to be on the lookout for any color changes in my hands/feet. In particular, they're looking for a red/white/blue combo. Do you know if that's the case with your dad? Are his hands changing colors? If so, he may want to be tested for Reynaud's. I know in my case, there are times when I'll look down at my hands and it looks like I've been crushing blueberries or something they're so blue! (Now if I could only find a good nailpolish shade to complement it.....) :)

Hope this helps!

Sandi in VA

Lori,

Have you taken flagyl? I have neuropathy in my feet. They thought because of Flagyl but it didn't go away after I stopped taking it. Going to a neurologist again in February.

Patti

Subject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?To: Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 8:24 AM

Thanks for that good info. I don't know if he is having discoloration but I will find out. One of the other responses regarding tingling was being low in B12. When taking B12 the symtoms stopped. Looking into that too!

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@ Yahoo.com

www.Lori.FirstWeber .com

From: Sandi Pearlman <kizzersmom (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: @ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:10:08 PMSubject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?

Lori,

Hi! I've been complaining about tingling in my feet and especially my hands/fingers for a while now. When I first mentioned it to my PSC doc, they thought it was probably not PSC related. However, when I mentioned it again a few months later when I saw her, she said that she'd had several other PSC patients complain of the same thing and that it could be a PSC side effect. They also wanted me to be on the lookout for any color changes in my hands/feet. In particular, they're looking for a red/white/blue combo. Do you know if that's the case with your dad? Are his hands changing colors? If so, he may want to be tested for Reynaud's. I know in my case, there are times when I'll look down at my hands and it looks like I've been crushing blueberries or something they're so blue! (Now if I could only find a good nailpolish shade to complement it.....) :)

Hope this helps!

Sandi in VA

No Flagyl. I think a shortage in B12 might be a fix.

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

To: Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:22:31 AMSubject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?

Lori,

Patti

From: Lori <lorijohnsonusa@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?To: @ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 8:24 AM

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@ Yahoo.com

www.Lori.FirstWeber .com

Lori,

Hope this helps!

Sandi in VA

How much B12 is recommended daily?

Carole

From: Lori <lorijohnsonusa@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?To: @ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 8:24 AM

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@ Yahoo.com

www.Lori.FirstWeber .com

Lori,

Hope this helps!

Sandi in VA

I am not sure about that. My next question was going to be "How can a person find out what vitamins they are short in?" What kind of test does one ask for when making an appointment?

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

To: Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:27:17 PMSubject: Re: Question about tingling in hands/feet?

How much B12 is recommended daily?

Carole

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@ Yahoo.com

www.Lori.FirstWeber .com

Lori,

Hope this helps!

Sandi in VA