RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Vitamin D follow up question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They just have to requedt vitamin d levels. If I remember correctly that is what is said on my script. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "jswdi" Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:52:39 -0000To: < >Subject: Re: Vitamin D follow up question The Vitamin discussion is interesting as my PSC was relatively stable for almost 4 years but flared in conjunction with our 30th anniversary to Maui. Sue and I when to a tanning place as well as being out doors a lot and were as dark as I had been in college. We kept the tan going through this past June. I am not saying there was any correlation but it is interesting to me that my Liver Numbers jumped and did not really come down and am now beginning evaluation for a TX. What is the specific blood test for Vitamin D? My Health Provider tends to do the absolute minimum Blood work – in fact, it wasn't until I was in the hospital with a scary shade of Yellow that they finally did Liver Tests after having UC for 7 years. At that time my ALK was 760. > > > > >I remember that during the summer I did a good three hours of outside > > >activities being well tanned I was sure that I was getting enough vit > > d. > > > > > > > That sounds sort of similar to my experience. I'd been outside a lot > and had actually been taking about 2000 IU of vit D daily, but I still > tested very low. They put me on 50,000 IU once a week for a while, and > that got me back to normal. Now I take 3,000 to 4,000 IU a day, and > tested in the normal range with that dosage. Of course you should get > tested before taking that high of doses, but some people (like me) do > need them. > > athan >