RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - MONDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2008 04:36 PM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Monday 1st Decemberwell another fortnight has passed, and school is out! Yeah!This last couple of weeks we have had a return of the cmv virus, which has made life difficult, with changes in pills, and blood tests every few days. The good news was that the blood tests could be done at Ipswich when I take the kids to school (instead of 7am at a hospital over an hour away). The bad news is that school is over so that is no longer a help!!!

Anyway, today we went to normal clinic at the PA, did bloods, then went Christmas shopping instead of hanging around all morning waiting for the drs! Great fun and we didn't even get lost getting back!They changed my pills again, but I dont have to go back for another fortnight, and don't have to have any blood tests before then! How about that!

Everything else is going ok, most of the transplant friends seem to be doing ok at the moment which is good. One has to go back in Wednesday and have more surgery to rebuild bile ducts and chop part of her new liver that is not working properly, so that was not such good news.

This all means we will be able to go to the beach on Sunday for a week (which I didn't think possible), which will be really nice!! Yeah for the sun and surf and sand!!!Take care everyone, and don't put too much rum in the rum balls!!!

Lots of love Penny T

Penny,

I'm wondering about the snowflakes on your CaringBidge page. Isn't it summer down there?

Ian