RemedySpot.com

information on Urso and Dr. Lindor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

Can someone link me to some information on the high dose Urso issue at the Mayo clinic, I just went to see my doctor today and we discussed it and he would like me to forward some information to him to read ..................he wants to leave me on the Urso until he reads the issues that the Mayo has with it. Thanks

B.

PSC 1994

ChaimIs there any concrete evidence?ShaulPSC UCSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Chaim Boermeester Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:06:14 +0200To: < >Subject: RE: information on Urso and Dr. Lindor , I asked this question specifically to a forum of hepatologists at the Israeli liver health foundation. They all were at the San Fransisco meeting where Dr Lindor spoke about his research. The hepatologists in the forum think that Dr. Lindor gave a too high (toxic) dose of Urso to his patients. They now recommend a dose of up to 25mg/kg bodyweight. Did you know that Urso stands for " bear " . The hepatologist who answered me yesterday said that bears only have ursodeoxycholic acid as bile acid (and not several bile acids like humans do), and that that’s why it is called URSO. Regards, Chaim From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of B.Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 05:01To: Subject: information on Urso and Dr. Lindor Hi everyone, Can someone link me to some information on the high dose Urso issue at the Mayo clinic, I just went to see my doctor today and we discussed it and he would like me to forward some information to him to read ..................he wants to leave me on the Urso until he reads the issues that the Mayo has with it. Thanks B. PSC 1994

ChaimIs there any concrete evidence?ShaulPSC UCSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Chaim Boermeester Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:06:14 +0200To: < >Subject: RE: information on Urso and Dr. Lindor , I asked this question specifically to a forum of hepatologists at the Israeli liver health foundation. They all were at the San Fransisco meeting where Dr Lindor spoke about his research. The hepatologists in the forum think that Dr. Lindor gave a too high (toxic) dose of Urso to his patients. They now recommend a dose of up to 25mg/kg bodyweight. Did you know that Urso stands for " bear " . The hepatologist who answered me yesterday said that bears only have ursodeoxycholic acid as bile acid (and not several bile acids like humans do), and that that’s why it is called URSO. Regards, Chaim From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of B.Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 05:01To: Subject: information on Urso and Dr. Lindor Hi everyone, Can someone link me to some information on the high dose Urso issue at the Mayo clinic, I just went to see my doctor today and we discussed it and he would like me to forward some information to him to read ..................he wants to leave me on the Urso until he reads the issues that the Mayo has with it. Thanks B. PSC 1994