Hi Francis

My daughter was diagnosed with psc in 1998 , 10 years ago. She is now

being evaluated for transplant. She had a bile duct reconstruction done

in 200. and was well for five years. Little did we know that the

destruction was still continueing, but without symptoms.My daughter is

turning 28 in Jan

Chris

Frances,

That is very neat that you are wanting to learn about your niece's PSC. Having educated and caring family members on her side will be helpful for her.

I was dx with psc in 1995 but based on symptoms I might have had it as early as 1982. In 2000 I was evaluated for tx but my hep disagreed with the surgeons and suggested to me that I wait for tx. In Aug.2007 I again went through the evaluation for tx, was officially listed in mid Sept. and had my tx on Nov 29, 07 I should explain that I live in KS and the wait for liver tx isn't as long as many parts of the country.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions. I might have forgotten something. :)

Blessings,

Barby

Frances,

That is very neat that you are wanting to learn about your niece's PSC. Having educated and caring family members on her side will be helpful for her.

I was dx with psc in 1995 but based on symptoms I might have had it as early as 1982. In 2000 I was evaluated for tx but my hep disagreed with the surgeons and suggested to me that I wait for tx. In Aug.2007 I again went through the evaluation for tx, was officially listed in mid Sept. and had my tx on Nov 29, 07 I should explain that I live in KS and the wait for liver tx isn't as long as many parts of the country.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions. I might have forgotten something. :)

Blessings,

Barby

Frances,

Blessings,

Barby

Hi Frances and welcome,

PSC is very different in all of us. Some of us seem to get diagnosed and very quickly move through to needing and getting a transplant. Still others (myself included) seem to have very little symptoms and go a long time without needing a transplant (I was diagnosed any had some bile ducts removed 19 years ago). The symptoms also vary (type and severity) in all of us and we each react differently to the various meds. I see you have a facebook account. I will send you a list of some of us PSCer Facebookers if you want to associate a face with a post. Prayers for your niece, please let her no that she is not alone.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi, my niece was recently diagnosed with PSC, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it and about the liver transplant process.For those of you who've had liver transplants, how long had you had PSC before you qualified

to get on the liver transplant list?Once on the liver transplant list, how long did you have to wait until you got the transplant?Thank you.-Frances -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Hi Frances and welcome,

PSC is very different in all of us. Some of us seem to get diagnosed and very quickly move through to needing and getting a transplant. Still others (myself included) seem to have very little symptoms and go a long time without needing a transplant (I was diagnosed any had some bile ducts removed 19 years ago). The symptoms also vary (type and severity) in all of us and we each react differently to the various meds. I see you have a facebook account. I will send you a list of some of us PSCer Facebookers if you want to associate a face with a post. Prayers for your niece, please let her no that she is not alone.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi, my niece was recently diagnosed with PSC, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it and about the liver transplant process.For those of you who've had liver transplants, how long had you had PSC before you qualified

to get on the liver transplant list?Once on the liver transplant list, how long did you have to wait until you got the transplant?Thank you.-Frances -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.