RemedySpot.com

Update from (presently at Mayo for tests) - MONDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2008 04:52 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today was the first day of my pain rehabilitation. It was really good. I did TONS of paperwork. They do before and after assessments to see how we are doing when we get there and when we leave. They also take our picture to see how we look now and later. Yuck, lol! She said most everyone looks 10 years younger but she then said, well you probably won't look 16. LOL!

Soon they will start tapering me off of the methadone. That is exciting and scary for me. I want to be off of pain meds and to be able to successfully manage my pain but I also do not want to suffer, especially around the holidays. Since my pain is most likely autoimmune or Chiari related, hopefully the hydrocortisone will help and Dr Oro can do the rest, lol.

Tomorrow morning I start the day by going to the Hilton building for a hematology appointment. We will see what that doctor has to say about my liver and clotting issues.

Thank you for the comments. They always put a smile on my face. My kids are doing okay. They got a letter from me today, I sent them each a card. That make them feel better about things and they were excited about it. , poor guy, now has the stomach bug that everyone else fought off last week.

The doctors and therapists are all impressed with my attitude. I want to stay all day and night and get it done so that I can feel better and go home soon. Tomorrow I will get to talk to others with similar problems more, that will be nice.

Good night for now.

To send a message to melissa and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/melissahall