RemedySpot.com

RE: New update re: - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2008 02:44 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

-----Original

Message-----

I don't have

permission to copy the updates and post them to the support group (not yet) but

you can read the update by following the link http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

This is just my opinion (100% based on our own experience)

take it for what’s it’s worth……. or just delete it.

When someone copies a Caringbridge Update here (or any

other blog), members read it and go on with their day and that’s great,

it’s very convenient. But…… for me personally, I can’t tell

you how much the messages of support (left in the guest book) meant to our

family when Ken was so

very ill. Some days, those messages

were the only thing keeping us going.

Family on both sides were amazed at the out pouring of support from this

group and I know Ken’s

grandmother enjoyed reading them so much - she printed them out to re-read! After Ken was

well enough, he read every single one……many times over. It just meant so much to us to know

people were thinking and praying for Ken. IMHO copying and posting the update here,

lessons the chance people will leave a message in the guest book. It’s not that they don’t care,

just that they aren’t at the web site, so they move on to the next email.

Posting just the

link to the site (as Ian did above), makes leaving messages of

support easier.

I just want everyone to know….. those little messages

of support in the guest books, mean so much to family and friends, at a time when

they need our support the most. Posting

the whole update here or just the link, either way…. please remember to

leave a note of support.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what’s it worth.

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it

Takes!

Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007

@ Baylor/Dallas

Barb,

valid point. I will post the link as well so people can leave a message if they want, and I will prayfully consider if I should just be posting the link.

Ian

-----Original Message-----I don't have permission to copy the updates and post them to the support group (not yet) but you can read the update by following the link http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

This is just my opinion (100% based on our own experience) take it for what's it's worth……. or just delete it.

When someone copies a Caringbridge Update here (or any other blog), members read it and go on with their day and that's great, it's very convenient. But…… for me personally, I can't tell you how much the messages of support (left in the guest book) meant to our family when Ken was so very ill. Some days, those messages were the only thing keeping us going. Family on both sides were amazed at the out pouring of support from this group and I know Ken's grandmother enjoyed reading them so much - she printed them out to re-read! After Ken was well enough, he read every single one……many times over. It just meant so much to us to know people were thinking and praying for Ken. IMHO copying and posting the update here, lessons the chance people will leave a message in the guest book. It's not that they don't care, just that they aren't at the web site, so they move on to the next email. Posting just the link to the site (as Ian did above), makes leaving messages of support easier.

I just want everyone to know….. those little messages of support in the guest books, mean so much to family and friends, at a time when they need our support the most. Posting the whole update here or just the link, either way…. please remember to leave a note of support.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what's it worth.

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Barb,

valid point. I will post the link as well so people can leave a message if they want, and I will prayfully consider if I should just be posting the link.

Ian

-----Original Message-----I don't have permission to copy the updates and post them to the support group (not yet) but you can read the update by following the link http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

This is just my opinion (100% based on our own experience) take it for what's it's worth……. or just delete it.

When someone copies a Caringbridge Update here (or any other blog), members read it and go on with their day and that's great, it's very convenient. But…… for me personally, I can't tell you how much the messages of support (left in the guest book) meant to our family when Ken was so very ill. Some days, those messages were the only thing keeping us going. Family on both sides were amazed at the out pouring of support from this group and I know Ken's grandmother enjoyed reading them so much - she printed them out to re-read! After Ken was well enough, he read every single one……many times over. It just meant so much to us to know people were thinking and praying for Ken. IMHO copying and posting the update here, lessons the chance people will leave a message in the guest book. It's not that they don't care, just that they aren't at the web site, so they move on to the next email. Posting just the link to the site (as Ian did above), makes leaving messages of support easier.

I just want everyone to know….. those little messages of support in the guest books, mean so much to family and friends, at a time when they need our support the most. Posting the whole update here or just the link, either way…. please remember to leave a note of support.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what's it worth.

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.