RemedySpot.com

Re: Liver Transplant Centers in the Minneapolis Area

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am assuming you mean University of Minnesota. I also go to U of M - University of Michigan which also has a major children's hospital. I suppose Montana, land, Maine, Missouri and Mississippi (did I get them all?)also have U of Ms so the point is-- let us know which M you want.

Liver Transplant Centers in the Minneapolis Are

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

I am assuming you mean University of Minnesota. I also go to U of M - University of Michigan which also has a major children's hospital. I suppose Montana, land, Maine, Missouri and Mississippi (did I get them all?)also have U of Ms so the point is-- let us know which M you want.

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Original message,

" My PSC has progressed to the point that I am being referred for a Liver transplant to the University of Minnesota. "

therefore any reference to U of M should be assumed as University of Minnesota.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Original message,

" My PSC has progressed to the point that I am being referred for a Liver transplant to the University of Minnesota. "

therefore any reference to U of M should be assumed as University of Minnesota.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Yes - i am referring to the University of Minnesota. The negative

story was about their Childrens Heart Transplant Center which is giving

be cause for concern. IE: Does the Liver Transplant Center follow the

same guidlines and the Childrens Heart Clinic. The other option in the

Area is Mayo in Rochester, MN.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

Yes - i am referring to the University of Minnesota. The negative

story was about their Childrens Heart Transplant Center which is giving

be cause for concern. IE: Does the Liver Transplant Center follow the

same guidlines and the Childrens Heart Clinic. The other option in the

Area is Mayo in Rochester, MN.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

My son, , had both a liver and a double lung transplant done at the U of M (Peds). I'm not sure when the child in the story had their issues, but I do know that this past fall the pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon who did 's lung tx moved to California to work at another university hospital.

I can tell you this . . . I will never take my son anywhere else to be cared for for any kind of major medical concern. We live in Wisconsin, 2.5 hours from the U of M, and that's fine. I'll make the trip. Dr. Humar ('s liver tx surgeon) was wonderful, along with Dr. , the surgical fellow who assisted with 's tx and did most of his inpatient follow-up. The people at the U took excellent care of from the time we arrived in Minnesota in August of 2005, until his lung transplant in February 2006, to his liver transplant in July 2007.

I would say from our experience, there, and that of others I've spoken to in the nearly 2 1/2 years we spent there, that you'll be in good hands.

Ami - Migraines, FMS

mom to - 10 yrs - Double Lung Tx 2/26/2006, PSC - Tx 7/16/2007, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, GERD, ADHD, Osteopenia http://caringbridge.org/visit/seanfox

mom to Emma - 14 yrs - Migraines

stepmom to - 15 yrs - ADHD, ODD

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Subject: Liver Transplant Centers in the Minneapolis AreaTo: Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:26 PM

My PSC has progressed to the point that I am being referred for a Liver transplant to the University of Minnesota. But recently a local television station did a very negative story on the U of M's Children's Heart Transplant Group – basically bouncing people between the A and B list for reasons that had to do with the Doctor on vacation, Holidays and then forgetting to raise the child back up. The Children's Heart Clinic had only 1 transplant in 2006 and zero in 2007 and 2008 and parents were taking their children to other hospitals like St. Louis. I have heard good things about the Adult Liver Group and the U of M, but the story does raise my concern. Does anyone have any info on the Liver Transplant Center at the U.of M. Also – is another center available – would Mayo be a better option.Thanks in advance.