RemedySpot.com

A doc for those in Arizona . . .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is 's former GI doctor from the University of Minnesota Medical Center. He recently left there to move to Arizona. Having read this article, I'm no longer sad about losing him.

"University Medical Center soon will be the first hospital in Arizona to offer life-saving intestinal and combined intestinal and liver transplants to children and adults with irreversible small-bowl failure. Khalid Khan, MBChB, MRCP, a renowned gastroenterologist specializing in intestinal transplantation, has been appointed associate professor of surgery and pediatrics at The University of Arizona Department of Surgery, and director of the Pediatric Liver and Intestinal Transplantation Program. ..."

http://www.medicine.arizona.edu/news/story.cfm?ID=1406

He is a great doctor. He communicates well with parents and with the children. absolutely loved him!!! I never spoke to a single parent at the hospital or the RMH who did not like Dr. Khan.

I know that sometimes there are people asking for recommendations of doctors in various places, so I just wanted to put him out there, since we don't get to have him anymore. From the way the article sounds, he'll be working with both children AND adults.

Ami - Migraines, FMS

mom to - 10 yrs - Double Lung Tx 2/26/2006, PSC - Tx 7/16/2007, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, GERD, ADHD, Osteopenia http://caringbridge.org/visit/seanfox

mom to Emma - 14 yrs - Migraines

stepmom to - 15 yrs - ADHD, ODD

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~