RemedySpot.com

Update from Tom - SUNDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2008 01:57 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, now we've hit our first bump in the road. It's not a deal killer to me, particularly since it doesn't change the overall timetable. Our target is to still be out of the hospital by the end of this week, which would be the 2-3 week timeframe we originally planned.

The worst part of this is the pain, which never seems to be managed enough, and the return to a clear liquid diet. After 15 straight meals of unseasoned broth, bouncy jello, and ginger ale that tastes like puddle water, I'm not looking forward to going back to that routune for a couple days.

They finally got me moved into a new room late last night. Compared to the old, cramped surgical ICU unit, this is like a luxury hotel. Because of the infection risk to me, I'll only be here myself...no roommate I'm only two doors up from Larry, but we haven't connected yet. He and I were both out of it last night by the time I got over here, and today has been a rough one for me.

So, this is a disappointment, but we had to have a couple like this along the way. At least we're not the Redskins, who are losing 17-7 as I write this. For a team that claimed to be so prepared for this game, they sure don't look ready.

Thanks for all the responses to my first post, too! They made our day.One more thing. There were doing some kind of mass casualty drill here this morning, complete with bunches of helicopters, and other assorted first responders. I had a great view from my window.

More updates later.Tom

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.