RemedySpot.com

Facebook and PSC Partners Facebook Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, all! I think there's some confusion setting in on this whole Facebook melange! Let's see if I can help straighten it out a bit for those of you who have contacted me!

I think what's happening is there are two separate things going on. There is a PSC Partners Facebook site that was started by Jecy B and myself, Sandi Pearlman, (although Jecy's so the Facebook mastermind!). That site is open to anyone, but it is geared towards PSCers in their 20s/30s and around those ages with a focus on things that concern that age range in particular. Its goal is very similar to the goal of this PSC support site, to connect fellow PSCers, share resources, make friends, ask questions, give advice, commiserate, etc.

What Ian has been talking about and doing a fabulous job of is connecting us all on Facebook as "friends." "Friends" is the word Facebook uses for your contacts, similar to an address book in regular e-mail. Once you "friend" someone, you can see their wall where all their friends have written, you can send them messages, see pictures, play games, etc. This is separate from the PSC Partners Facebook group. You would still need to join the PSC Partners Facebook group in order to be a member there (which we'd so love to have people do!). Just because you're in the PSC Partners Facebook group does not automatically make you "friends" with all the members of that group, however, so you would still have to request friendship from those people you'd like to talk to one-on-one. However, you can post on the PSC Partners page/wall/discussion board at any point and that will be available to all members of the

group.

Does this help any? It's funny, it really is such a simple thing...but boy does explaining it sound complicated! :) If anyone has any questions or wants to "friend" me, just let me know! :)

Happy Turkey day/(upcoming Thursday for you non-celebrators!), everyone!

Sandi in VA