RemedySpot.com

Remission with PSC and cirrhosis?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all,I reached endstage liver disease (with variceal bleeding epidsode) this past February. I spent so much of the previous two years in and out of the hospital, I lost count. I thought I would be facing more hospitalizations. However, that hasn't been the case. I have only been hospitalized once for cholangitis between February and now.

I mentioned this to my doctor in the form of a question (is it possible to be in remission?) and she said simply, yes.I'm so curious about this. My liver is all scar tissue now and I have to make up a number of its functions. But I thought I would be sick. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be sick at all! In some ways it makes me nervous, but I've made plans (with travel insurance) to fly back east to NH over Christmas and be near Boston and its many hospitals. I'm more active and feel I could take on a part-time job. I have disability so there's a limit to how much I could make. But I'd like to be out there making my own money and give my family a break.

Has anyone out there ever had a remission in ELD with PSC? What can you tell me about it? Could this last for years?Thanks in advance,DanaPSC 2-1-06, gallbladder surgery 5-05