RemedySpot.com

Update from Kathy re: Tom - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2008 05:59 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, we're still playing a waiting game with the iternal bleeding problem. I haven't talked to a doctor but Tom has, and he thinks that they're waiting to see how he does with the transfusions he had yesterday. They might go back in and try another endoscopy to take another look for a bleed. They are also considering taking him off the high powered blood thinner and putting him on aspirin instead. It could be that the blood thinner is causing the bleed, or it is causing a small bleed to become a big bleed. Hopefully they'll decide on something soon. As far as the liver goes, he's been ready to go home for a few days. The only thing holding him back is the bleeding problem. In fact, as far as the liver goes they told him today that for the first time in 10 years his liver function tests are absolutely normal. That is such good news!!! It is truly a miracle. Thank you so much Larry...you've given Tom his life back, and you've given him back to us (his family) as the biggest Christmas present ever. You have made (and are continuing to make) a bigger sacrifice than anyone will ever know, but you have changed all of our lives. We will be eternally grateful.

Please keep Larry in your prayers. He was readmitted to town Hospital today with a blood clot in his leg. He will have to be here for several days. I know this is an unwelcome turn of events. I hope he realizes how thankful we all are for his tremendous sacrifice. If we could take this pain away from him we gladly would. All we can do is pray fervently for a speedy recovery and homecoming for him. Please join me in these prayers.

Kathy

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng. -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.