RemedySpot.com

Update from Kathy re: Tom - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2008 01:04 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone. Tom is still at town Hospital. He says he is feeling marginally better today, but he's still having some intestinal trouble. They inserted a PIC line for him today, so we'll be able to give him IV fluids at home for awhile. I'm a little relieved about that because it is difficult for him to drink enough to keep his fluids up. Tom thinks they'll send him home tomorrow.

The good news from all this is that the CT scan of his abdomen looked really good. Everything seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. There is no evidence of intestinal blockage or abcess. I didn't know this, but the doctors told us that although the liver regrows in about 21 days it can take 2 or 3 months to get to where it is functioning at 100%. That's why Tom is having trouble processing fat. I'm glad to know that information because it means that he is recovering as expected.

Even though it was a little unusual our family Christmas was good. I think Tom was pretty bored at the hospital, but we visited him in a couple of shifts to help minimize that boredom. We're just so grateful that we have a bright future to look forward to with Tom that nothing else really matters. It'll be fun looking back at this Christmas in future years...we'll never forget it.

Kathy

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler