RemedySpot.com

Update from Kathy re: Tom - TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2008 08:32 AM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good news today. The scans they did yesterday show no major leaks at the grafts, so they won't have to go back in and fix anything! The blood flow to the liver has also improved (the docs weren't thrilled with the blood flow after the surgery). They are going to keep Tom on the antibiotics for awhile just to ward off any infection as the grafts seal up over time.

They are actually starting to talk about sending Tom home in the next few days. He is thrilled with that. My only concern is that he still has quite a bit of abdominal pain and also they have him on IV antibiotics. We'll see what happens, but it is a very good sign that they think he can be released soon.

Larry was released yesterday. He was so happy to be able to go home. It really lifted all our spirits. Hopefully just being home will accelerate his recovery.

Tom's parents arrive today. They've been very eager to come down to D.C. It makes a difference to see the situation first-hand. I'm glad Tom is feeling better for their visit.

Gotta do some work...hopefully I'll write later also.

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler