RemedySpot.com

Pat Purcell, lifting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Confusion and floor hugging after bathroom visits are a potential disaster. Get the condom catheters now. Don't know his age or diagnosis, but many men after 50 strain at urination, warm bed /colder air rush to destination can lower BP drastically, fumbling with clothing and simultaneous navigation tax a sleepy impaired body, several falls warning should prompt you to hurry to prevent injury.

With care, concern and knowledge that this is a relentless progression of lost independence,

LA Louise in Springhill whose husband has been there...and is still here with indwelling catheter that helps.

Guest guest

Dear Louise: Bob has a Dr. visit soon and I am going to make arrangements for a condom catheter. At night I have been getting him on the commode with the let down sides by sliding him over with a heavy plastic-like board. It is harder getting him over and on than getting him back into bed. Bob is 76 and I am 73. He has been sick a long time. He has not driven in 8+ years and has not walked without assistance for more than 3 years. Lately, he seems to have plateaued. He seems content just to sit in his wheelchair or Lift/Lounge chair or take a nap. When he is not sleeping I try to keep things going so he won't vegetate. I read your notes and marvel at how well you do. God Bless you and thanks for your input.

Pat from Framingham MA

Guest guest

Confusion and floor hugging-- what a great description. Except in ken's case,

it was floor hugging and toilet hugging. or something on that order. He

tended to hit his head on the toilet on the way down resulting in a trip to

get stitches, and once he fell back and broke the whole toilet resulting in a

great flood! Condom Catheters and my constant admonitions not to get up at

night put a top to nighttime adventures.

Barbara

Guest guest

Dear Barbara: Wow! Breaking the whole toilet. Bob has not done that yet but he gets down sometimes so hard he threw the back a little out of kilter. Evidently there are washers and screws that hold the back to the base and it got a little out of kilter (probably a little bit of wear too). I first noticed it in the laundry room, which is in the basement below the bathroom, and could not figure where the little drips of water were coming from. I had a plumber coming to put in a new faucet in the kitchen and he knew what it was right away and he only had to replace the washers and screws.

Even though Bob seems to be getting a little more handicapped - with him it's a slow process, I'm looking into getting lots more helpful condoms, lifts and anything I can use to keep him home and comfortable. With the help I get here I have the advantage of others experiences and, believe me, it is a blessing. Take Care,

Pat from Framingham MA