RemedySpot.com

Re: urinary problems and getting up at night >Marilyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Marilyn:

I'm glad this works for you. I wish it did for us. I also use the catheter for Fred before he goes to bed, so that it is competely empty, but around 4 am he will call me and tell me he needs to go to the restroom again and can't wait till morning. so I'll get him up and go in to use the catheter. Everytime it is hardly anything. I guess it's the mind playing games on him and only telling him he needs to use the restroom , but doesn't really. Really he doesn't need to get up at all, but at the time he really thinks that he can't wait. Funny thing this MSA.

Take Care

Vera

Pat,

My suggestion works for us, maybe/maybe not for you. Speedy (my husband)

used to get up so many times during the night. The thing that finally

helped us is we began catherizing using an (in and out) catheter to empty

the bladder before bedtime. One thing that happens to them/us is sometimes

we go to the bathroom and only go a little bit so the bladder is still

almost full, so very soon they/we need to go again. By using the catherter,

we were able to empty his bladder, sometimes 1000 cc before bed and then he

could sleep through the night. In the beginning he was able to do this

himself. Now, I do this for him. We catherize now 3-4 times daily.

Sometimes more.

We have been told that one thing that can create UTI's is if the bladder

does not completely empty.

Best wishes to you.

Marilyn in TN

Guest guest

Vera, Leo went to a uroligist who put him on medicine to keep his bladder from contracting, he didn't really need to empty his bladder, this stuff just made the bladder not work and it kept signaling him to go. We went through the jar by the bed to go in at night, till one night he got up to go, was holding on to his chest of drawers to keep his balance and pulled it over on top of himself. To this day I don't remember how I got that thing off of him and him back up at 4 am and then I went to work at 7:30 am! Oh well, the med sure helped. Now he takes Detrol, we do the in and out cath and condom cath at night. Ginger

Re: urinary problems and getting up at night >Marilyn

Marilyn:I'm glad this works for you. I wish it did for us. I also use the catheter for Fred before he goes to bed, so that it is competely empty, but around 4 am he will call me and tell me he needs to go to the restroom again and can't wait till morning. so I'll get him up and go in to use the catheter. Everytime it is hardly anything. I guess it's the mind playing games on him and only telling him he needs to use the restroom , but doesn't really. Really he doesn't need to get up at all, but at the time he really thinks that he can't wait. Funny thing this MSA.Take CareVera*****************Pat,My suggestion works for us, maybe/maybe not for you. Speedy (my husband)used to get up so many times during the night. The thing that finallyhelped us is we began catherizing using an (in and out) catheter to emptythe bladder before bedtime. One thing that happens to them/us is sometimeswe go to the bathroom and only go a little bit so the bladder is stillalmost full, so very soon they/we need to go again. By using the catherter,we were able to empty his bladder, sometimes 1000 cc before bed and then hecould sleep through the night. In the beginning he was able to do thishimself. Now, I do this for him. We catherize now 3-4 times daily.Sometimes more.We have been told that one thing that can create UTI's is if the bladderdoes not completely empty.Best wishes to you.Marilyn in TNIf you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe

Guest guest

Yes, we have some of that as well. Marilyn

Reply-To: shydrager

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:41:33 EDT

To: shydrager

Subject: Re: urinary problems and getting up at night >Marilyn

Marilyn:

I'm glad this works for you. I wish it did for us. I also use the catheter for Fred before he goes to bed, so that it is competely empty, but around 4 am he will call me and tell me he needs to go to the restroom again and can't wait till morning. so I'll get him up and go in to use the catheter. Everytime it is hardly anything. I guess it's the mind playing games on him and only telling him he needs to use the restroom , but doesn't really. Really he doesn't need to get up at all, but at the time he really thinks that he can't wait. Funny thing this MSA.

Take Care

Vera