RemedySpot.com

4 Hospice Websites

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have recently begun looking into Hospice care for my mother. I have found helpful information at the following helpful websites: www.americanhospice.org (look for the article on "dispelling the myths of hospice"), www.hospiceinfo.org, and www.nhpco.org Here is a good generic site explaining hospice care and eligibility underMedicare. http://www.odyssey-healthcare.com/what_hospice.htm You can also write to: National Hospice Foundation, 1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 300, andria VA 22314, or call the NHPCO (National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization) at 1- or (703)516-4928. They will send you or your family a packet of informational brochures. They can also help you locate an NHPCO member hospice in your area. Hospice seems to be the only Medicare benefit interested in helping people and doing all that is possible for them, rather than being a gatekeeper to prevent patients from receiving the care, medication, therapy, etc. that they need. ~ p.s. In my earlier message re: Angel Flight, I mistakenly wrote that I "suggested" that you contact that organization. I meant "I suggest"--I hadn't meant to imply that I'd told you all already!