RemedySpot.com

road rules for group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Recently a friend registered as "adacloth". She will use this computer when she is able to come to do so. She has MSA. This is our first experience of using computer this way and neither of us has much experience. Now that we have succeeded in getting registered, can you give us some running rules for joining in and also if possible the chat.

The thing is I sent an initial message a little while back but almost immediately the computer fell down so that even if there was some repy to that message I would not have got it. I am receiving plenty of information in the form of messages going back and forth between members, at present I guess we mostly want to digest what we see. Am I correct in thinking we can go on as we are unless we wish to take part in a chat session, in which case we have to download some programme to enable us to take part? There is a real difficulty in getting adacloth to this computer so participation is at intervals, except for me checking the messages and trying to save for her notable bits of information.

M

Guest guest

Hi there and welcome to the group. If you posted a message to the group in the past you will be able to find it in our archives accessed via the website. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shydrager click on "Messages" then type in a portion of your email address in the search box. All posts made by you and any replies to them would be retrieved. Similarly you can type in any search word such as "blood pressure" and return all posts that mentioned that phrase.

There are no rules for participation, anyone is free to read messages and post a question or comment at any time by sending an email to shydrager or by clicking on "Post" at the above website. It may help to think of the group as a public meeting hall and when addressing notes to the group conduct yourself as you would in any public meeting you might attend.

Also on the website is an extensive library of "Bookmarks" to more information on MSA such as General Information articles suitable to share with doctors and family and friends, links to information on coping with the common symptoms, support groups, newsletters etc. Please click on "Bookmarks" at the above website.

I notice from your email address you are from Australia. What part of Oz are you from? We have many members from various parts of Australia. Some don't participate regularly anymore but I'm sure would be pleased to correspond with you privately. I can get you connected with them if you'd like.

We have a special chat held on Thursday mornings in Australia (9:30 AM Sydney time). To participate you will need to download the software called AIM (AOL Instant Messenger). It's also sometimes called Netscape Instant Messenger. Instructions for downloading are available on the MSA Chat website at http://accesswave.ca/~pbower/msachat.htm

Take care,

Pam

-----Original Message-----From: Nolan Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 10:38 AMTo: shydrager Subject: road rules for group

Hi,

Recently a friend registered as "adacloth". She will use this computer when she is able to come to do so. She has MSA. This is our first experience of using computer this way and neither of us has much experience. Now that we have succeeded in getting registered, can you give us some running rules for joining in and also if possible the chat.

The thing is I sent an initial message a little while back but almost immediately the computer fell down so that even if there was some repy to that message I would not have got it. I am receiving plenty of information in the form of messages going back and forth between members, at present I guess we mostly want to digest what we see. Am I correct in thinking we can go on as we are unless we wish to take part in a chat session, in which case we have to download some programme to enable us to take part? There is a real difficulty in getting adacloth to this computer so participation is at intervals, except for me checking the messages and trying to save for her notable bits of information.

MIf you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe