RemedySpot.com

Chiari>

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

:

You said that your doctor thinks that you could have Chiari. I've looked it up to see what it was and some of the symptoms. Symptoms include vomiting. That you said you had. I've posted here some of the links I came across. You may already read them . If you did then I'm a dollar short and a day late. Story of my life :o)

Take Care

Vera

NINDS Chiari Malformation Information Page Symptoms usually include vomiting, muscle weakness in the head and face, difficulty swallowing, and varying degrees of mental impairment. Paralysis of the arms and legs may also occur. As they grow older, adults and adolescents with Chiari malformation who previously were asymptomatic may show signs of progressive brain impairment, such as involuntary, rapid, downward eye movements. Other symptoms may include dizziness, headache, double vision, deafness, an impaired ability to coordinate movement, and episodes of acute pain in and around the eyes.

Chiari Malformation Clinic

Chiari malformation is an uncommon congenital anomaly in which the lower part of the cerebellum protrudes down into the spinal canal, causing tissue compression and hindering normal spinal fluid flow. Although there is a form of Chiari (pronounced kee-ar'-ee) malformation that occurs in children, the Chiari I malformation usually causes problems in adults. The Chiari I malformation occurs slightly more often in women than in men.

The exact cause of the Chiari malformation is unknown. It has been suggested that the malformation occurs during early embryo development of the brainstem and spinal cord. An abnormally small posterior fossa results in the brainstem or tonsils being pushed downward through the opening at the bottom of the skull.

Persons with Chiari malformation who previously were

Chiari/Syringomyelia Index, Wake Forest University School of Medicine