RemedySpot.com

Re: : One in a million > Elaine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Elaine:

Well so far I've had about 50 potato. If I would of been smart , I would of only had two like you. Only thing I found the plants marked down at Wal mart for $1 a box. Good deal right? Just getting them home I found out that there was 15 plants in each box ( I got 6 boxies) I gave 1/2 away before I even got them planted :o). I planted all 39 plants in a small spot and now found out that they send out roots and you get more. (Lucky me) IF! I do this again next year, I'll put them in a 5 gallon pail, one per pail, but then again I may not have to do this again next year. I could have potatoes still left by next year or I could be compelety sick of potatoes by then. One or the other. Here are two links I found on potatoes. >>>> How Potatoes Grow Irish Eyes - Garden City Seeds <<<<< From what I read you can start getting the potatoes from when the plant starts to flower or when the flower dies down. I've done both, but the potatoes were smaller when the plant had flower , then on the one where the plant looked dead. Let me know how your's turn out. I have red rose, yukon gold and russet. Fred just keep's telling me give them away we won't eat them all. You know he maybe right :o)

Take Care

Vera