RemedySpot.com

Re: trembling - Lou

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Lou,

Mark did the same thing several times when his BP would drop. He even passed all the way out a couple of times when he was on the toilet. I would always lift his legs up as far as I could and he would come back. Several times he would do that in his wheelchair and I would tip the back of the chair back so his feet were higher then his head and that also worked. Mark was a pretty chubby fellow but tipping the chair back with him in it wasn't hard at all. I once wheeled him tipped back all through the airport trying to catch our next flight when we went to Mayo in Rochester. Got some pretty funny looks, but it worked.

I was even to the point that I carried small packets of salt from the restaurants that when he started acting that way I would put just a bit on his tongue, only if he was not too far into the situation. Sports drinks helped too. Mark loved spicy V8 and even though it had tons of salt in it he wanted the glass rimmed with course ground rock salt.

We lived in South Carolina before Mark died and his BP issues were always worse in the summer heat. Because Mark was totally wheelchair bound for the last 3 years of his life we didn't have low BP issues unless he got too hot or ate too much.

Take Care,

Judy Whittaker