RemedySpot.com

Naked ladies Everywhere > Bill W

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bill:

I knew I'd make your day after I wrote it . I bet your still laughing. I put a smile right on that face huh? I found this web site and enclosed some picture's of the naked ladies that I'm taking with me to Vegas.

Take Care

Vera

Naked Ladies Everywhere You Turn!

Author: Muraoka

Published on: August 6, 1998 Related Subject(s): Amaryllidaceae -- California

Don't tell Candid Camera or Funniest Home Videos, but there are naked ladies popping up all over the place! Along highways, in weed-infested vacant lots and, yes, even in manicured gardens.Tall, curvaceous and rosy pink, they stand out like Twiggy at a Weight Watchers' convention. But before you call the police about indecent exposure, let me hasten to say that these naked ladies are fit for the eyes of the most innocent child. Technically called Amaryllis belladona and sometimes known as belladonna lilies, they still are most often simply referred to as good ol' naked ladies. If you don't personally know them, I urge you to make their acquaintance as they are one of the most foolproof -- and beautiful -- bulbs we can grow.The reason for their rather racy common name is obvious once you've set eyes on them. You see, this time of year, naked ladies are popping up all over, with their pink, fragrant flowers blooming atop 2-foot-high stalks that just happen to be totally leafless -- "naked," if you will.The trumpet-like flowers put on a show, having six to 12 flowers to a cluster. Flowers are large, about 3 inches in diameter. While light pink is the most common color, they're also available in red, mauve and white, usually with contrasting yellow throats."Where's the leaves?" you might be asking. Well, these hardy bulbs have a strange life cycle. The strap-like, deep green leaves appear in spring and die away long before a single flower blooms. By midsummer in our South County area, the foliage is gone, making way for the naked ladies.Don't let the delicate pink flowers fool you, though. Naked ladies are tough as nails. The leafless flower stalks appear literally out of nowhere, usually popping through rocky, parched ground in such unusual places as highway median strips or vacant lots.Ideal drought-resistant plantings, naked ladies will grow in almost any soil with very little care or fuss. They will survive and bloom with no extra water other than what Mother Nature provides. In formal gardens, they're extremely handsome when planted amid low shrubs or grouped in perennial borders, especially if they are surrounded by airy baby's breath or some sort of groundcover to cloak the withered leaves. They're often seen planted with lily of the Nile (agapanthus) or Shasta daisies in order to mask the bareness of the stems.On the other hand, planted alone, naked ladies really do stand out, which is precisely what some gardeners desire. About the only thing you really have to remember about them is that the bulbs don't like to be moved or disturbed. If you invade their privacy during the wrong season, they will have temper tantrums and may refuse to bloom for years. If you must transplant them, do so when roots and leaves are not actively growing, namely immediately after blooming.It should be noted that these type of Amaryllis should not be confused with the large-flowering bulb commonly sold around Christmas. Naked ladies are a prolific, garden-tough gal or a showy belle of the ball that is definitely worth knowing.

Vera,

You left yourself open for this comment :o) You grow naked ladies !!!! Wow

and you are taking some of them to Las Vegas too !!!!! Have fun in Vegas.

Take care, Bill Werre

Vera,

Those are certainly not the ladies I saw in Vegas :o) On my 1980 trip or my

February trip. Did see a bunch of glass flowers on the ceiling of the Bellagio

Hotel.

Dr. Ray's gain next week is our loss :o)

Take care, Bill

========================================

>

> From: FVJAMES@...

> Date: 2002/08/20 Tue AM 11:45:29 CDT

> To: shydrager

> Subject: Naked ladies Everywhere > Bill W

>

> Bill:

> I knew I'd make your day after I wrote it . I bet your still laughing. I put

> a smile right on that face huh? I found this web site and enclosed some

> picture's of the naked ladies that I'm taking with me to Vegas.

>

> Take Care

> Vera

>

Bill:

I knew I'd make your day after I wrote it . I bet your still laughing. I put a smile right on that face huh? I found this web site and enclosed some picture's of the naked ladies that I'm taking with me to Vegas.

Take Care

Vera

Naked Ladies Everywhere You Turn!

Author: Muraoka

Published on: August 6, 1998 Related Subject(s): Amaryllidaceae -- California

Don't tell Candid Camera or Funniest Home Videos, but there are naked ladies popping up all over the place! Along highways, in weed-infested vacant lots and, yes, even in manicured gardens.Tall, curvaceous and rosy pink, they stand out like Twiggy at a Weight Watchers' convention. But before you call the police about indecent exposure, let me hasten to say that these naked ladies are fit for the eyes of the most innocent child. Technically called Amaryllis belladona and sometimes known as belladonna lilies, they still are most often simply referred to as good ol' naked ladies. If you don't personally know them, I urge you to make their acquaintance as they are one of the most foolproof -- and beautiful -- bulbs we can grow.The reason for their rather racy common name is obvious once you've set eyes on them. You see, this time of year, naked ladies are popping up all over, with their pink, fragrant flowers blooming atop 2-foot-high stalks that just happen to be totally leafless -- "naked," if you will.The trumpet-like flowers put on a show, having six to 12 flowers to a cluster. Flowers are large, about 3 inches in diameter. While light pink is the most common color, they're also available in red, mauve and white, usually with contrasting yellow throats."Where's the leaves?" you might be asking. Well, these hardy bulbs have a strange life cycle. The strap-like, deep green leaves appear in spring and die away long before a single flower blooms. By midsummer in our South County area, the foliage is gone, making way for the naked ladies.Don't let the delicate pink flowers fool you, though. Naked ladies are tough as nails. The leafless flower stalks appear literally out of nowhere, usually popping through rocky, parched ground in such unusual places as highway median strips or vacant lots.Ideal drought-resistant plantings, naked ladies will grow in almost any soil with very little care or fuss. They will survive and bloom with no extra water other than what Mother Nature provides. In formal gardens, they're extremely handsome when planted amid low shrubs or grouped in perennial borders, especially if they are surrounded by airy baby's breath or some sort of groundcover to cloak the withered leaves. They're often seen planted with lily of the Nile (agapanthus) or Shasta daisies in order to mask the bareness of the stems.On the other hand, planted alone, naked ladies really do stand out, which is precisely what some gardeners desire. About the only thing you really have to remember about them is that the bulbs don't like to be moved or disturbed. If you invade their privacy during the wrong season, they will have temper tantrums and may refuse to bloom for years. If you must transplant them, do so when roots and leaves are not actively growing, namely immediately after blooming.It should be noted that these type of Amaryllis should not be confused with the large-flowering bulb commonly sold around Christmas. Naked ladies are a prolific, garden-tough gal or a showy belle of the ball that is definitely worth knowing.

Vera,

You left yourself open for this comment :o) You grow naked ladies !!!! Wow

and you are taking some of them to Las Vegas too !!!!! Have fun in Vegas.

Take care, Bill Werre

If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may

unsubscribe by sending a blank email to

shydrager-unsubscribe

Bill:

I didn't think they were the same kind of ladies that you saw. I know better then that. Remember I've been around here to know you call youself the "dirty old man" :o) . You still haven't changed.

Guess you'll have to find someone new to pick on while I'm gone. :o)Still a few days till then, so I'm sure I'll get my share of being picked on till then.

take Care

Vera

Vera,

Those are certainly not the ladies I saw in Vegas :o) On my 1980 trip or my

February trip. Did see a bunch of glass flowers on the ceiling of the Bellagio

Hotel.

Dr. Ray's gain next week is our loss :o)

Take care, Bill