RemedySpot.com

RE:(Msa) Insurance letter > Dr.Ray

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dr. Ray:

Sorry that you weren't able to open the letter. I did what you told me to do on the copy and paste, but had no luck. :o) So am just redoing the letter here, so you can see what it is. This copy of the letter was to the California Department of Insurance, so you need to send your to your State Department of Insurance. After I send a letter like this to the inusrance company , the matter was taken care of within the month.

Take Care

Vera

Hi Vera, Here you go:

California Department of Insurance

300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1500

Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: , Fax

Call them first. Ask to speak with a consumer advocate, or the department that handles insurance complaints Explain your situation. They will tell you what you need to send them, and by law they Must investigate. Also, send a letter of general complaint against your insurance company to them . Send a copy to your insurance company. Many times that alone will get your claims paid in a more timely manner. A letter of general complaint would go something like this:

Dear Inusrance Commission:

I am having problems with my insurance company, (Name Your company). They are continually denying, and /or delaying the payment of legitimate health claims that I am submitting to them. I have a rare, degenerative condition of the nervous system called MSA( Multiple System Atrophy). All the claims I am submitting are directly related to this condition, and all treatments, supplies and medications are supposed to be covered under my current plan. Yet the insurance company continually puts up roadblocks, preventing me and my health care provider from getting timely payments. This is affecting my credit and my ability to get the healthcare I need.

I have enclosed copies of Explanations of Benefits from my insurance company showing the delays or denials to my claims. I am asking you to investigate these denials on my behalf and assist my insurance company in coming to a speedier decision on my claims.

I await your reply.

Sincerely,

Your Name

(You may have to change the wording on this letter a bit, I think you get the eneral ideas. Hope this helps, )