RemedySpot.com

in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, Thank you all for your kind words of sympathy. I have some trouble even sitting down to the computer so I didn't want you to think the words sent were not read and appreciated. It has just taken me a little longer.

Ellen Peckk had written with some questions about Dick's last year. He did have a lot of difficulty swallowing and could not eat the foods he once liked so much. I would make his food mushy or cook that type of food in order for him to swallow without choking.

He was not bedridden until the very end. He had ulcers on his feet that made walking difficult but he still stood up and used the walker. He was aware to the very last and we were able to talk about what would happen. He even chose to make some of the funeral plans. And believe it or not, it did help me accept it better.

He did not choose to donate his brain to research.He would not hear of a feeding tube as well as amputation of his foot. Tshe pain was probably the worst part of the whole time with this disease. He never did achieve any great measure of relief with the medications given.

I hope this helps some. Sincerely, Wanda