RemedySpot.com

Insurance Information and Hospice?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know the folks that are receiving physical therapy and is the insurance paying for it and how do you get around it if the insurance is questioning it. What folks are in hospice and is that the route to go to receive more nurses visits and care etc., does that make them homebound, and what does it exactly mean? The nurse explained about a DNR order. When is it a right time for love one? I hope I not offending anyone with these questions. Ralph had worked for government and is on full disability retirement since last September and symptoms continue to come about. He is falling more. We do have a manual wheelchair, but the social worker is coming out this week and will check for possible electric chair. The insurance is giving us a rough time on what he can have, etc. He started symptoms around 95, Parkinson diagnoses in 98 and Shy Drager in June 02. He has a home nurse that comes in once a month for blood work and cathe changes. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

CareWife@...,OmegaMom45@... , AOL Instant Messenger - OmegaMom44, Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger - ses835

All incoming and outgoing e-mail certified virus free by Norton System Works 2002

Shirley:

Different areas have different services. Here we found " In-Home-Health "

care the best. Jack was on Medicare and with a doctors prescription we

had health aids come in each morning and bath him and get him up for the

day. We had this for over a year. We also have BC/BS so between the

two all was covered. Then the doctor recommended Jack go on Hospice.

He was on that only a few months. If the doctor O.K.'s Hospice they can

be on it as long as needed. We found them not quite as helpful as the

In-Home-Health because they only came out 6 days. However, they can

send a nurse more often and all medicines etc. are covered.

Hope this helps, Judy