RemedySpot.com

To Carol Langer -- and anyone else with 2 cents

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Carol,

On the strength of a fuzzy recollection that Bob had a good experience with it, I asked a doc standing in for my vacationing doc to write me a rx for Miralax when I was in some distress recently. The pharmacy fact sheet says however that it may result in loss of normal bowel function -- not that there's much normal about mine these days -- and an electrolyte imbalance. I couldn't find it on WebMD. What's the skinny on this stuff? Thanks in advance!

Moller

On the Bowl in our Nation's Capital

Hey , Sorry, I don't have 2 cents to rub together on this one, just

wanted to say that I'm glad to see your sense of humour hasn't waned. :)

> Carol,

>

> On the strength of a fuzzy recollection that Bob had a good experience

with it, I asked a doc standing in for my vacationing doc to write me a rx

for Miralax when I was in some distress recently. The pharmacy fact sheet

says however that it may result in loss of normal bowel function -- not that

there's much normal about mine these days -- and an electrolyte imbalance.

I couldn't find it on WebMD. What's the skinny on this stuff? Thanks in

advance!

>

> Moller

> On the Bowl in our Nation's Capital

>

Hi ,

It's nice to hear from you, although I'm sorry to hear you're in distress. Here's what I know about MiraLax:

Rob uses it daily, with good success. He also takes a stool softener (docusate calcium) daily, and has not had much of a problem since he started this routine. And constipation used to be a BIG problem for him.

MiraLax works by drawing water into the bowel. It is the same stuff, in smaller quantity, that is used to prep the bowel for colonoscopy. The gastroenterologist who spoke to the Boston support group (and to the National meeting here in Boston) believes it is safe for long term use. Much safer than laxatives containing stimulants, which are not present in MiraLax. (He assured us he does not own stock in the company.)

So, I'd say go for it. Or with it. Or from it.

Good luck,

Carol & Rob

Regular in Lexington, MA

Carol,

On the strength of a fuzzy recollection that Bob had a good experience with it, I asked a doc standing in for my vacationing doc to write me a rx for Miralax when I was in some distress recently. The pharmacy fact sheet says however that it may result in loss of normal bowel function -- not that there's much normal about mine these days -- and an electrolyte imbalance. I couldn't find it on WebMD. What's the skinny on this stuff? Thanks in advance!

Moller

On the Bowl in our Nation's Capital If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe

My husband takes Miralax regularly. Our Gastro doctor says that it does actually allow your own colon to do what it can. She says that Miraalx is better than anything else on the market today.

Marilyn in TN

Reply-To: shydrager

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:11:17 -0400

To: shydrager

Subject: To Carol Langer -- and anyone else with 2 cents

Carol,

Moller

On the Bowl in our Nation's Capital

If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may

unsubscribe by sending a blank email to

shydrager-unsubscribe