RemedySpot.com

Re: Neck Pain -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I took IBUprofen years ago as an anti-inflammatory tablet and like you it made me awfully ill in the stomach. These days I take Celebrex for arthritis in the hips and it is brilliant, no side affects at all for me. Might I suggest you check with your physician about whether Celebrex would be o.k and to ensure it does not interfere with other meds you take or have any other nasty side effects. Personally, I don't take anything else at this stage so maybe it may not be an option for you.

Good luck with it.

Regards

pulalupu wrote: Hey Carol.I'm not Dick, but I sure appreciate your insight and description written to him.My neck pain is getting progressively worse (like everything else).Not sure it's related to PD stuff though - as it will actually lock up in some positions, and require significant effort to get loosened up again. Do get what would probably be considered "typical" stiffness and pain in shoulders and neck - "coathanger" symptom you mentioned. However, I also get a piercing pain upper part of neck - base of skull.I'm to have a Spine MRI soon. Perhaps that will hold some answers for me.I have hypersensitivities to so many meds, and know I can't take Iboprofen due to stomach discomfort. So... live with it for now.Thanks again, and I look forward to any other input/insight.> Dick,> > Neck pain is fairly common in MSA. It can be caused by low blood pressure,> in which case it's usually in a "coat hanger" shape -- down the neck and> across the shoulders, or by muscle cramps and/or rigidity caused by> parkinsonism.> > In the case of pain induced by low blood pressure, lying down for a short> while will generally raise the blood pressure and relieve the pain. In the> case of muscle pain, Parkinson's-type medications like sinamet may help, as> may anti-spasm type meds like baclofen or even clonozapam. As a first line> of defense I think I would try ibuprofen, which has an anti-inflammatory> effect and will also raise blood pressure slightly.> > Carol & Rob> Lexington, MA> Neck Pain> > > > How common is it for chronic neck pain to occur. My wife has her> > mystery stiff necks at least once a month.In The ataxia sites we> > belong to, members don't have this problem. Now that my wife has> > OPCA, I read where neck pain is common. So neck pain is another> > symptom of MSA is what I am asking.> >> > Dick> >> >> > If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may> > unsubscribe by sending a blank email to> >> > shydrager-unsubscribe@y...> >> >> >> >> >

Thanks Mike.

I've copied your post, and will present it to my internist. I had

forgotten when you wrote that I was experiencing such bad pain.

Really. What is odd is that I really am - still - in significant

pain - just that I seem to rapidly learn how to cope with increasing

pain. Probably would help me though to actually do something about

it :-) Might even make me easier to get along with :-)

Thanks,

> > Dick,

> >

> > Neck pain is fairly common in MSA. It can be caused by low blood

> pressure,

> > in which case it's usually in a " coat hanger " shape -- down the

> neck and

> > across the shoulders, or by muscle cramps and/or rigidity caused

by

> > parkinsonism.

> >

> > In the case of pain induced by low blood pressure, lying down for

a

> short

> > while will generally raise the blood pressure and relieve the

> pain. In the

> > case of muscle pain, Parkinson's-type medications like sinamet

may

> help, as

> > may anti-spasm type meds like baclofen or even clonozapam. As a

> first line

> > of defense I think I would try ibuprofen, which has an anti-

> inflammatory

> > effect and will also raise blood pressure slightly.

> >

> > Carol & Rob

> > Lexington, MA

> > Neck Pain

> >

> >

> > > How common is it for chronic neck pain to occur. My wife has her

> > > mystery stiff necks at least once a month.In The ataxia sites we

> > > belong to, members don't have this problem. Now that my wife has

> > > OPCA, I read where neck pain is common. So neck pain is another

> > > symptom of MSA is what I am asking.

> > >

> > > Dick

> > >

> > >

> > > If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may

> > > unsubscribe by sending a blank email to

> > >

> > > shydrager-unsubscribe@y...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >