RemedySpot.com

DRUG INDUCED PARKINSON'S/SINEMENT;digest 1801

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

This is in reference to Parkinson's.

When Dan and I were looking for what was wrong with him. They thought he may have Parkinson's. The Doctor prescribed Sinamet. He was immediately taken off the Sinamet because it made his symptoms worse.

Years later we found out that this should have been a clue to the doctor...find out what this guy really has. s Hopkins put the puzzle together and they determined he had OPCA........four years later. Yes, we went to a lot of Doctors before they determined what he had. By the way, the autopsy states OPCA. and that took place 12 years later.

As Dan's disease progressed sinamet was his life saver. It was the only drug that helped his symptoms.He took it 7 times a day along with Comtan.

Please, Its great to find all kinds of information, but don't confuse people. This is not Parkinson's. Ramm

Message: 1 Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 08:48:45 -0400 Subject: DRUG INDUCED PARKINSON'S/SINEMENTHi every one, In doing some research on INDUCED PD/PD+ syndrome symptoms I found this posted on the PIEN list the other day.http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/archive/093.htmlAlso, here is another link concerning Sinement.http://www.sinemetcr.com/cross_site/CurrentSinemetCRPI.pdfI also would appreciate your comments about reading these and other Doc's that I find and post from time to time. If these are something that the list does not want or need, just let me know and I will stop posting them here for you to know about. OK ? I only do this because I sincerely care and feel that every one should know but some times a person can cause others harm, and that is something I do not want to have happen. These posting have been just for your information only. "tenacity's man"

Since we speak so much on the list about OPCA advancing in many cases to become MSA, just wondering if Dan had all or most of the classic MSA symptoms (particularly the hallmark feature of orthostatic hypontension) even though he apparently did not progress to MSA. And, were you given any definite decision from the autopsy (or other tests) as to whether it was an inherited or a sporadic form of OPCA?

Regards,

Jerry Cash