RemedySpot.com

Letters to The American Autonomic Society

Rate this topic

Guest guest

At the Chicago meeting, I mentioned that I would like a number of letters form people in the

Support Group to write letters to be delivered to the Physicians at the AAS meeting this year at Hilton Head S.C. Sylvia and I will be attending this meeting.

Each year I have the opportunity to speak for a few minutes to the physicians who are in

attendance at that meeting. For the past several years my main message to them has been

our whole-hearted support for their work and our deep appreciation for their dedication and diligence in the research and treatment of patients with SDS/MSA.

This year, I would likle to go a step farther by taking a packet of letters form patients, caregivers

and family members to the meeting.

Would you all be willing to help me with this? If so, please send me an e-mail with the Body of the message addressed to;

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

In this message, please join me in voicing our appreciation (in your own words of course)

of their collective work.

( These are the people who are at the forefront in research, medication testing, patient counseling,

Clinical trials etc.)

You may either use your full name or only your first name. Your location, e-mail address or mailing address is not necessary.

When I receive these messages, I will "copy" and "paste" the contents onto a sheet of SDS/MSA

letterhead and will present the packet to Dr. Axelrod when I speak to the doctors.

Please, lets encourage these people! Write and send your letter today!

Thank You!

Don Summers

Pres. SDS/MSA Support Group

At the Chicago meeting, I mentioned that I would like a number of letters form people in the

Support Group to write letters to be delivered to the Physicians at the AAS meeting this year at Hilton Head S.C. Sylvia and I will be attending this meeting.

Each year I have the opportunity to speak for a few minutes to the physicians who are in

attendance at that meeting. For the past several years my main message to them has been

our whole-hearted support for their work and our deep appreciation for their dedication and diligence in the research and treatment of patients with SDS/MSA.

This year, I would likle to go a step farther by taking a packet of letters form patients, caregivers

Would you all be willing to help me with this? If so, please send me an e-mail with the Body of the message addressed to;

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

In this message, please join me in voicing our appreciation (in your own words of course)

( These are the people who are at the forefront in research, medication testing, patient counseling,

Clinical trials etc.)

You may either use your full name or only your first name. Your location, e-mail address or mailing address is not necessary.

When I receive these messages, I will "copy" and "paste" the contents onto a sheet of SDS/MSA

letterhead and will present the packet to Dr. Axelrod when I speak to the doctors.

Thank You!

Don Summers

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

On March 30, 1998 a terrorist attacked my family. Although we had had some warnings, the signs weren't clear and we were taken by complete surprise by this vicious attack. Our lives have not been the same since.

On that day my husband, then age 51, was diagnosed with Multiple System Atrophy. Never having heard of the illness before, we went home and looked it up on the internet. What we read was devastating, and the most devastating of all was the fact that there is no cure and no known way to slow the progression of the disease. This terrorist continues to attack our family, and we now take nothing for granted, least of all health and well being. Nothing feels safe anymore. Certainly nothing is the same.

Please continue to work to destroy this insidious threat to our well being. Please don't let another family be devastated by this illness, which continues to attack my husband relentlessly every day. Please keep searching. Please keep trying. We need your help.

Thank you,

Carol Langer

Lexington, MA

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

Clinical trials etc.)

Thank You!

Don Summers

If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

On March 30, 1998 a terrorist attacked my family. Although we had had some warnings, the signs weren't clear and we were taken by complete surprise by this vicious attack. Our lives have not been the same since.

On that day my husband, then age 51, was diagnosed with Multiple System Atrophy. Never having heard of the illness before, we went home and looked it up on the internet. What we read was devastating, and the most devastating of all was the fact that there is no cure and no known way to slow the progression of the disease. This terrorist continues to attack our family, and we now take nothing for granted, least of all health and well being. Nothing feels safe anymore. Certainly nothing is the same.

Please continue to work to destroy this insidious threat to our well being. Please don't let another family be devastated by this illness, which continues to attack my husband relentlessly every day. Please keep searching. Please keep trying. We need your help.

Thank you,

Carol Langer

Lexington, MA

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

Clinical trials etc.)

Thank You!

Don Summers

If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe

Dr Felicia Axelrod

President American Autonomic Society

Dear Dr Axelrod,

We want to add our note of thanks to you and all the others who work so hard

to keep, those who have been afflicted with SDS/MSA and their families,

informed.

When one is first diagnosed they have no idea where to turn or how to get

information. It is so helpful to know that there are those of you who are

working to

better their lives and maybe some day find a cure, or at least slow it down.

We cannot express how much we appreciate your efforts.

God bless your all,

Tom & Ruth M.

Dr Felicia Axelrod

President American Autonomic Society

Dear Dr Axelrod,

We want to add our note of thanks to you and all the others who work so hard

to keep, those who have been afflicted with SDS/MSA and their families,

informed.

When one is first diagnosed they have no idea where to turn or how to get

information. It is so helpful to know that there are those of you who are

working to

better their lives and maybe some day find a cure, or at least slow it down.

We cannot express how much we appreciate your efforts.

God bless your all,

Tom & Ruth M.

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

My wife has also been attacked by a terrorist, to borrow some one else's

expression, known as MSA.

Much as a figure shaped in the sand on the beach, the surf of MSA is slowly

but surely taking my wife from her life on this earth and from our

family. This hideous process has been going on now for many years. The

physical shape of my wife is still discernable in the sand, but her

personality is but a shadow of what it was a few years ago.

We all need the AAS to help stem the ever present waves of this destructive

disease through research and public awareness.

May God speed you in these efforts.

Sennewald Charlottesville, Virginia

Dr. Felicia Axelrod

President, AAS

My wife has also been attacked by a terrorist, to borrow some one else's

expression, known as MSA.

Much as a figure shaped in the sand on the beach, the surf of MSA is slowly

but surely taking my wife from her life on this earth and from our

family. This hideous process has been going on now for many years. The

physical shape of my wife is still discernable in the sand, but her

personality is but a shadow of what it was a few years ago.

We all need the AAS to help stem the ever present waves of this destructive

disease through research and public awareness.

May God speed you in these efforts.

Sennewald Charlottesville, Virginia