RemedySpot.com

digest 1812- Q10

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi guys,

Bill, that was a news article taken from an actual study. The study group was very small. 80- people. 40 with placebos and 40 with Q 10. Maybe Pam could post the actual paper for us. I'll get the name of the medical journal, by crook or hook. will try to find the information and post it in a little while.

if you ago to Jeff's link. There were a slew of article about Q10 posted about 1996-97 time frame. I think Becky posted them. That's what originally got our attention.

Will get back with the information in a little while!

Message: 3 Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:55:11 EDT From: W489@...Subject: Re: Digest Number 1810I read the article on Q10. Today, we purchased a bottle for Kate but the dosage was 120mg. I wonder what dosage has proven to be effective? What was the dosage given to "Blank Dan)? [This message contained attachments]________________________________________________________________________Message: 7 Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:55:34 -0400 Subject: Re: co enzyme Q10Colette,I am not sure they got that article correct. Yes at that rate you would have to take 40 pills (four times a day) or about $40 per day from the prices I have seen. That was a news article and not the actual paper.Note this paragraph:RecommendationsThe research is still in its early stages, and the study does not provide enough evidence to start recommending that Parkinson's patients take Co-Q10. All of the patients in the trial had early stage Parkinson's and there's no data to suggest it works for people who have later stage disease. Researchers say the doses in the study were far greater than the amounts available in pill form. Coenzyme q10 brands sold in stores may differ and might not contain enough of the compound to make a difference.Take care, Bill Werre

Hi guys,

Bill, that was a news article taken from an actual study. The study group was very small. 80- people. 40 with placebos and 40 with Q 10. Maybe Pam could post the actual paper for us. I'll get the name of the medical journal, by crook or hook. will try to find the information and post it in a little while.

if you ago to Jeff's link. There were a slew of article about Q10 posted about 1996-97 time frame. I think Becky posted them. That's what originally got our attention.

Will get back with the information in a little while!

Message: 3 Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:55:11 EDT From: W489@...Subject: Re: Digest Number 1810I read the article on Q10. Today, we purchased a bottle for Kate but the dosage was 120mg. I wonder what dosage has proven to be effective? What was the dosage given to "Blank Dan)? [This message contained attachments]________________________________________________________________________Message: 7 Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:55:34 -0400 Subject: Re: co enzyme Q10Colette,I am not sure they got that article correct. Yes at that rate you would have to take 40 pills (four times a day) or about $40 per day from the prices I have seen. That was a news article and not the actual paper.Note this paragraph:RecommendationsThe research is still in its early stages, and the study does not provide enough evidence to start recommending that Parkinson's patients take Co-Q10. All of the patients in the trial had early stage Parkinson's and there's no data to suggest it works for people who have later stage disease. Researchers say the doses in the study were far greater than the amounts available in pill form. Coenzyme q10 brands sold in stores may differ and might not contain enough of the compound to make a difference.Take care, Bill Werre