Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

n a message dated 7/17/2003 7:35:08 AM Central Daylight Time,

helen.burchell@... writes:

> here is a response from a total novice, but coming at this from a clark

> background, green to me says bile - are you doing anything to cleanse the

liver

> or bile ducts out or something? like giving a lot of oils?

>

>

No, she is only on the enzymes. No special diet or other supplements.

Elayna

Guest guest

here is a response from a total novice, but coming at this from a clark

background, green to me says bile - are you doing anything to cleanse the liver

or bile ducts out or something? like giving a lot of oils?

i'm sure someone else will give you a far better quality of response!

love & best wishes

helen.

green stool

Hi,

My daughter had green mushy stool yesterday. Is this a sign of yeast

or bacteria?

Thanks,

Elayna

Guest guest

> Hi,

>

> My daughter had green mushy stool yesterday. Is this a sign of yeast

> or bacteria?

Can be either. Green is also a sign of undigested food.

Is the bm fluffy, or like diluted cottage cheese? Fluffy is a sign of

yeast, diluted cottage cheese is a sign of bacteria.

http://www.danasview.net/yeast.htm

Or she may have eaten a food/supplement she did not tolerate.

Dana

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/17/2003 10:04:36 AM Central Daylight Time,

sawyera@... writes:

> The one and only time my son had green mushy stool, which got turned to

> diarrhea with vomiting was when he had Rotavirus. He was very sick! KIM

>

Kim,

My daughter is not sick that I know of. She hasn't eaten anything out of the

norm.

Elayna

Guest guest

Elayna,

The one and only time my son had green mushy stool, which got turned to diarrhea

with vomiting was when he had Rotavirus. He was very sick! KIM

green stool

Hi,

My daughter had green mushy stool yesterday. Is this a sign of yeast

or bacteria?

Thanks,

Elayna

• 4 years later...

Mayo Clinic gastroenterologist Picco, M.D., and colleagues

answer select questions from readers.

Answer

Stool comes in a range of colors. All shades of brown and even green

are considered normal. Only rarely does stool color indicate a

potentially serious intestinal condition.

Stool color is generally influenced by what you eat as well as by the

amount of bile — a yellow-green fluid that digests fats — in your

stool. As bile pigments travel through your gastrointestinal tract,

they are chemically altered by enzymes — changing the pigments from

green to brown.

Consult your doctor if you're concerned about your stool color. If

your stool is bright red or black — which may indicate the presence

of blood — seek prompt medical attention.

Stool color What it may mean Possible dietary causes

Green Food is moving through the large intestine too quickly, such as

due to diarrhea. As a result, bile doesn't have time to break down

completely. Green leafy vegetables, green food coloring, such as in

Kool-Aid or popsicles, iron supplements.

Light-colored, white or clay-colored A lack of bile in stool. This

may indicate a bile duct obstruction. Certain medications, such as

large doses of bismuth subslicylate (Kaopectate, Pepto-Bismol) and

other anti-diarrheal drugs.

Yellow, greasy, foul-smelling Excess fat in the stool, such as due to

a malabsorption disorder. Sometimes the protein gluten, such as in

celiac disease. But see a doctor for evaluation.

Black Bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract, such as the

stomach. Iron supplements, bismuth subsalicylate (Kaopectate, Pepto-

Bismol), black licorice.

Bright red Bleeding in the lower intestinal tract, such as the large

intestine or rectum. Red food coloring, beets, cranberries, tomato

juice or soup, red Jell-O or Kool-Aid.

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

I think your son may need some probiotics and mega digestive enzymes to balance this out. I remember going through this but don't remember which one helped as I used both. Also found chewing  bites for 20 times helps and starting meals with raw foods. Dr. had me on 3 raw eggs to digest protein better and that worked. Felt weird at first but never did get sick from it. Raw eggs common in most the world. Pam

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM, cheryl <channabrennon@...> wrote:

I have been looking at the messages under green stool and have a question. my son been doing better emotionally from his hyper T symptoms on iodine..his stool is better in that food seems to be digested! (unless he eats food he is allergic too) however I notice it a dark green color..my sons stool was previously a yellow color pale which to my understanding was lack of bile know it is dark green which green means good bile flow.

also i was reading it is the lack of good bacteria that doesnt allow the green stool/bile a chance to turn brown.

was wondering if anyone had experience dealing with this...

channa

Guest guest

Pam, did you eat a raw egg before meals, or eat 3 eggs at once? How long did you have to do that? I wonder why it helps?

Thanks,

Jeannie

Re: green stool

I think your son may need some probiotics and mega digestive enzymes to balance this out. I remember going through this but don't remember which one helped as I used both. Also found chewing bites for 20 times helps and starting meals with raw foods. Dr. had me on 3 raw eggs to digest protein better and that worked. Felt weird at first but never did get sick from it. Raw eggs common in most the world. Pam

I have been looking at the messages under green stool and have a question. my son been doing better emotionally from his hyper T symptoms on iodine..his stool is better in that food seems to be digested! (unless he eats food he is allergic too) however I notice it a dark green color..my sons stool was previously a yellow color pale which to my understanding was lack of bile know it is dark green which green means good bile flow.also i was reading it is the lack of good bacteria that doesnt allow the green stool/bile a chance to turn brown.was wondering if anyone had experience dealing with this...channa

Guest guest

Raw food has more enzymes?AnneOn Jun 22, 2011, at 1:57 AM, Jeannie wrote:

Pam, did you eat a raw egg before meals, or eat 3 eggs at once? How long did you have to do that? I wonder why it helps?

Thanks,

Jeannie

I think your son may need some probiotics and mega digestive enzymes to balance this out. I remember going through this but don't remember which one helped as I used both. Also found chewing bites for 20 times helps and starting meals with raw foods. Dr. had me on 3 raw eggs to digest protein better and that worked. Felt weird at first but never did get sick from it. Raw eggs common in most the world. Pam

I have been looking at the messages under green stool and have a question. my son been doing better emotionally from his hyper T symptoms on iodine..his stool is better in that food seems to be digested! (unless he eats food he is allergic too) however I notice it a dark green color..my sons stool was previously a yellow color pale which to my understanding was lack of bile know it is dark green which green means good bile flow.also i was reading it is the lack of good bacteria that doesnt allow the green stool/bile a chance to turn brown.was wondering if anyone had experience dealing with this...channa

Guest guest

Yes, cooking it in any form destroys many of the enzymes; when canning, you have to cook the food when you process it in a water bath. Same with raw milk as well, you get many more enzymes and nutrients than when it's pasteurized.

This is why fresh food, the fresher the better, is healthier for you.ArielOn Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Anne Seals <anneseals@...> wrote:

Raw food has more enzymes?AnneOn Jun 22, 2011, at 1:57 AM, Jeannie wrote:

Pam, did you eat a raw egg before meals, or eat 3 eggs at once?  How long did you have to do that?  I wonder why it helps?

Thanks,

Jeannie

I think your son may need some probiotics and mega digestive enzymes to balance this out. I remember going through this but don't remember which one helped as I used both. Also found chewing  bites for 20 times helps and starting meals with raw foods. Dr. had me on 3 raw eggs to digest protein better and that worked. Felt weird at first but never did get sick from it. Raw eggs common in most the world. Pam

-- " Throughout much of the world, most people are busy being boring. " -Tom Donohue

Guest guest

I ate these raw egg shakes with some fruit and rice protein shake mix. She thought my body was not processing proteins very well and wasn't absorbing nutrition.  Raw food has the missing enzymes so that protein would get digested properly. I took mega digestive enzymes with meals for a couple of years but that didn't seem to make enough difference. My GI tract was a mess back then and every bite felt like I ate cut glass and had food through my system in 6-8 hours at most.... My blood lacked basic nutrients of all types and I was quickly gaining weight even when didn't eat much at all as hurt too much to swallow it down. 

I kept it up for a couple of years. Many other cultures commonly eat raw eggs and many don't refrigerate their eggs either. Never made me sick except at the thought at first. I lost 40-45 pounds just changing to more raw foods and no packaged foods and off grains and sugars but no calorie limits. But the main thing was feeling better.

Anyway it worked and GI tract pretty reliable last several years and blood in much better shape. She changed all my supplements and got me on L-glutamine powder to heal the GI tract also.

Hope this helps someone else to heal up. PamOn Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Jeannie <jeannie.wright@...> wrote:

Pam, did you eat a raw egg before meals, or eat 3 eggs at once?  How long did you have to do that?  I wonder why it helps?

Thanks,

Jeannie

Guest guest

Thanks Pam. Do you think just raw egg yolks would have the enzymes or is it more in the whites? My kids are mildly allergic to egg protein, so I use whites sparingly and incorporated into other foods when they have them.

Jeannie