RemedySpot.com

Re: The penalty box

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Pam: It was wonderful to meet you at the meeting in Boston (an honor really). You have been such a great help with all your information and sharing. I knew my time at the meeting was limited so I did not want to take up meeting time with a computer problem, but I had downloaded a message, I thought was from you, regarding a questionnaire. My knowledge of computers is limited and I had not kept up to date with the Norton so I blame myself really. My son-in-law Philip from the infamous "Maynard" spent most of the day Saturday and corrected everything and now the Norton is set automatically to update. Someday I hope to learn more about computers. I don't know if I am correctly expressing the computer problem but Philip says your name was probably on someone's mailing list and that's how it was sent like it was from you. I want to tell you again Pam how much we all appreciate all you do and say again how great it was to meet you and wish I could have stayed longer but Bob and my Mom were home with another "Angel" from my neighborhood (who were not experienced caregivers) and were worried about toileting problems. I did not want to overburden them so they will come again so I told them I would be home at a limited time. Thanking you again - Pat and Bob from Framingham MA

P.S. Philip said something about it being the Klez Virus?

Dear Pam: It was wonderful to meet you at the meeting in Boston (an honor really). You have been such a great help with all your information and sharing. I knew my time at the meeting was limited so I did not want to take up meeting time with a computer problem, but I had downloaded a message, I thought was from you, regarding a questionnaire. My knowledge of computers is limited and I had not kept up to date with the Norton so I blame myself really. My son-in-law Philip from the infamous "Maynard" spent most of the day Saturday and corrected everything and now the Norton is set automatically to update. Someday I hope to learn more about computers. I don't know if I am correctly expressing the computer problem but Philip says your name was probably on someone's mailing list and that's how it was sent like it was from you. I want to tell you again Pam how much we all appreciate all you do and say again how great it was to meet you and wish I could have stayed longer but Bob and my Mom were home with another "Angel" from my neighborhood (who were not experienced caregivers) and were worried about toileting problems. I did not want to overburden them so they will come again so I told them I would be home at a limited time. Thanking you again - Pat and Bob from Framingham MA

P.S. Philip said something about it being the Klez Virus?

Well, for someone that doesn't know anything about computers, do did an excellent job of relaying information. Thank Philip for his hard work. Yes, it was the Klez virus/worm ... It gets in, infects as much as possible, attempts to put out things that makes sense. And it then pretends to be other people (even thugh it used your computer).

By the way, as a computer expert, one of the things I need to learn and remember is that when in doubt, even I call in the experts. :)

Regards,

=jbf=

B. Fisher

Re: The "penalty box"

Dear Pam: It was wonderful to meet you at the meeting in Boston (an honor really). You have been such a great help with all your information and sharing. I knew my time at the meeting was limited so I did not want to take up meeting time with a computer problem, but I had downloaded a message, I thought was from you, regarding a questionnaire. My knowledge of computers is limited and I had not kept up to date with the Norton so I blame myself really. My son-in-law Philip from the infamous "Maynard" spent most of the day Saturday and corrected everything and now the Norton is set automatically to update. Someday I hope to learn more about computers. I don't know if I am correctly expressing the computer problem but Philip says your name was probably on someone's mailing list and that's how it was sent like it was from you. I want to tel! l you again Pam how much we all appreciate all you do and say again how great it was to meet you and wish I could have stayed longer but Bob and my Mom were home with another "Angel" from my neighborhood (who were not experienced caregivers) and were worried about toileting problems. I did not want to overburden them so they will come again so I told them I would be home at a limited time. Thanking you again - Pat and Bob from Framingham MAP.S. Philip said something about it being the Klez Virus? If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe

Well, for someone that doesn't know anything about computers, do did an excellent job of relaying information. Thank Philip for his hard work. Yes, it was the Klez virus/worm ... It gets in, infects as much as possible, attempts to put out things that makes sense. And it then pretends to be other people (even thugh it used your computer).

By the way, as a computer expert, one of the things I need to learn and remember is that when in doubt, even I call in the experts. :)

Regards,

=jbf=

B. Fisher

Re: The "penalty box"

Dear Pam: It was wonderful to meet you at the meeting in Boston (an honor really). You have been such a great help with all your information and sharing. I knew my time at the meeting was limited so I did not want to take up meeting time with a computer problem, but I had downloaded a message, I thought was from you, regarding a questionnaire. My knowledge of computers is limited and I had not kept up to date with the Norton so I blame myself really. My son-in-law Philip from the infamous "Maynard" spent most of the day Saturday and corrected everything and now the Norton is set automatically to update. Someday I hope to learn more about computers. I don't know if I am correctly expressing the computer problem but Philip says your name was probably on someone's mailing list and that's how it was sent like it was from you. I want to tel! l you again Pam how much we all appreciate all you do and say again how great it was to meet you and wish I could have stayed longer but Bob and my Mom were home with another "Angel" from my neighborhood (who were not experienced caregivers) and were worried about toileting problems. I did not want to overburden them so they will come again so I told them I would be home at a limited time. Thanking you again - Pat and Bob from Framingham MAP.S. Philip said something about it being the Klez Virus? If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe

Hi Pat,

It was so great to meet you too!

Yes that message contained the Klez virus. If you opened it and ran the

attachment then you were also infected. Hopefully your son-in-law has you

all fixed up now... it is SO IMPORTANT that everyone have anti-virus

software and keep it updated. That actual message did not originate from me

.... there was no way it could have since I was travelling at the time... but

it was set up to appear that way when it reached you. Whoever actually sent

the virus to the list and/or to other individuals had my email address in

their address book. The virus then took my email and put it in the " From "

line and sent itself to others.

Because email faked with my address made it to the list I've actually had to

moderate my own account now so that I double-check every email that appears

to come from me before it's approved to post to the list. This is really a

pretty sad state of affairs. I've also had to explain this to several

people who wrote me off list who were upset with me for sending them a

virus. These viruses are becoming more than just an annoyance now, they are

ruining people's and business's reputations.

Hugs,

Pam

Hi Pat,

It was so great to meet you too!

Yes that message contained the Klez virus. If you opened it and ran the

attachment then you were also infected. Hopefully your son-in-law has you

all fixed up now... it is SO IMPORTANT that everyone have anti-virus

software and keep it updated. That actual message did not originate from me

.... there was no way it could have since I was travelling at the time... but

it was set up to appear that way when it reached you. Whoever actually sent

the virus to the list and/or to other individuals had my email address in

their address book. The virus then took my email and put it in the " From "

line and sent itself to others.

Because email faked with my address made it to the list I've actually had to

moderate my own account now so that I double-check every email that appears

to come from me before it's approved to post to the list. This is really a

pretty sad state of affairs. I've also had to explain this to several

people who wrote me off list who were upset with me for sending them a

virus. These viruses are becoming more than just an annoyance now, they are

ruining people's and business's reputations.

Hugs,

Pam