RemedySpot.com

Re: Are certain climates better/worse for people with neur...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Debbie, welcome to the family. I can't imagine the cold you have in Wyoming, I know when we went out to Yellowstone, and it was 18 degrees one morning, I thought I'd die just trying to get my breath. Of course, the altitude didn't help.

Personally, I can't tolerate extreme cold or heat- but heat is harder than cold. There are several places where there are actual Sarcoidosis Clinics, Denver CO, Seattle WA, and good old LA-- California. To name a few on the West side! Personally, I'm in Magalia CA-- just a bit above Paradise (really) and about 110 miles north of Sacramento.

I have to go to Sac to get the care I need, then I bring the info back home, and have a GP that is willing to learn along with me. So it's not too bad.

What kind of problems are you having? IS your sarc multi-system?

You'll find you've found a fun group-- and we have many members with a lot of knowledge-- that are willing to share.

Blessings,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

I am living in Wyoming and feel the climate and altitude are getting the best of me. I have been considering moving to the Pheonix area but I am worried about the heat. I would also like to move to an area where the Drs do not seem afraid to try to treat me. Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Hi Debbie, welcome to the family. I can't imagine the cold you have in Wyoming, I know when we went out to Yellowstone, and it was 18 degrees one morning, I thought I'd die just trying to get my breath. Of course, the altitude didn't help.

Personally, I can't tolerate extreme cold or heat- but heat is harder than cold. There are several places where there are actual Sarcoidosis Clinics, Denver CO, Seattle WA, and good old LA-- California. To name a few on the West side! Personally, I'm in Magalia CA-- just a bit above Paradise (really) and about 110 miles north of Sacramento.

I have to go to Sac to get the care I need, then I bring the info back home, and have a GP that is willing to learn along with me. So it's not too bad.

What kind of problems are you having? IS your sarc multi-system?

You'll find you've found a fun group-- and we have many members with a lot of knowledge-- that are willing to share.

Blessings,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

I am living in Wyoming and feel the climate and altitude are getting the best of me. I have been considering moving to the Pheonix area but I am worried about the heat. I would also like to move to an area where the Drs do not seem afraid to try to treat me. Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Rick,

I have attended MS conferences as my doctor recommended it since the symptoms are the same. They showed that certain areas were higher for MS than others. There is a higher incidence in the Midwest for MS compared to other parts of the US. There also are other areas that have a higher incident rate as well.

KatCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Guest guest

Rick,

I have attended MS conferences as my doctor recommended it since the symptoms are the same. They showed that certain areas were higher for MS than others. There is a higher incidence in the Midwest for MS compared to other parts of the US. There also are other areas that have a higher incident rate as well.

Guest guest

The one thing I did notice when I first started this group is that a lot of people worked in hospitals. I found that quite interesting. I, too, worked at a VA Hospital for 6 yrs and then came down with this shortly thereafter in the. I worked there in the vietnam era.

Guest guest

The one thing I did notice when I first started this group is that a lot of people worked in hospitals. I found that quite interesting. I, too, worked at a VA Hospital for 6 yrs and then came down with this shortly thereafter in the. I worked there in the vietnam era.

Guest guest

Hi Kat, Right here in the Rocky Mountain Range in Colorado and Wyoming have the highest number of MS patient in all the country, something to do with not closing the mines up in the mountains properly so we have higher amounts of many minerals, so this is what I read. Marla

Rick,

Kat

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Hi Kat, Right here in the Rocky Mountain Range in Colorado and Wyoming have the highest number of MS patient in all the country, something to do with not closing the mines up in the mountains properly so we have higher amounts of many minerals, so this is what I read. Marla

Rick,

Kat

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

I agree it has something to do with being exposed to stuff. I am a nurse and have worked in hospitals for 23 years as a nurse, plus 3 years in nursing school. I worked mostly ER and ICU so was exposed to everything. Sure wish someone could figure out what it is. I also think it may be caused by just being exposed to so many things that your immune system finally goes crazy. Cathykatskreations1@... wrote: The one thing I did notice when I first started this

group is that a lot of people worked in hospitals. I found that quite interesting. I, too, worked at a VA Hospital for 6 yrs and then came down with this shortly thereafter in the. I worked there in the vietnam era. Kat Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

I agree it has something to do with being exposed to stuff. I am a nurse and have worked in hospitals for 23 years as a nurse, plus 3 years in nursing school. I worked mostly ER and ICU so was exposed to everything. Sure wish someone could figure out what it is. I also think it may be caused by just being exposed to so many things that your immune system finally goes crazy. Cathykatskreations1@... wrote: The one thing I did notice when I first started this

group is that a lot of people worked in hospitals. I found that quite interesting. I, too, worked at a VA Hospital for 6 yrs and then came down with this shortly thereafter in the. I worked there in the vietnam era. Kat Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.