RemedySpot.com

Fw: I need some tech. help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi group

I was a bit confused by the medical terminology in my file I get from ALL my doctors so I asked for help. I/we feel this might be helpful to some of you, maybe all.

Thank you Tracie for helping deceiver for me.

I hope this helps someone. It did me.

Jackie

Re: I need some tech. help

ACD level is a inflammation signifier that shows granulomatous cells in the blood. It is generally a signifier of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Your white cells (immune fighters) are high-- so you may be fighting an infection. RBC's are the red blood cells, and this is the cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. They are ok. "Lymphocytes are the cells that identify foreign substances, bacteria and viruses in the body-- and produce the antibodies to fight them. They are produced in the bone marrow and are divided into T-cell and B--cell lymphocytes. A variety of diseases and drugs and conditions can increase or decrease them"#. Since your count is 97%-- you have a very active immune system.

#Taken from YOU: STAYING YOU by Roizen and Mehmet Oz, M.D.'s.

Chest CT shows peripheral calcifications (granulomas) in the left upper lung lobe. We have 5 lung sacs. Two on the left and 3 on the right. So if you don't have a confirmed biopsy proven sarcoidosis-- this would be easy to have the pulmonologist do a bronchoscopy and get some good biopsies from that lobe.

Menigeal enhancement in the brain means that you have some thickening of brain tissue-- called the Meninges. If the meninges is inflammed, they would call it meningitis. You don't have meningitis, which can be caused by bacteria or viral infections in the brain-- so that is good! You do more than likely have either some granulomas changing some of the structure of the brain tissue, or you may have vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels) which can account for the transient effect of symptoms-- ie. sometimes the short term memory is great, other times it's out to lunch.. Sometimes your speech may slur, other times it's ok. That is often the nature of NS-- it can be very transient in it's symptoms-- more often than not due to systemic inflammation.

If you want to share this with the group, go ahead and forward it to them-- I know that we all need to get help understanding what is happening-- and lord knows I'm not a doctor or even a nurse. I've had to learn this by trial and error--and a whole lot of study myself-- and i know by sharing it with everyone-- we get a better understanding of what is happening ot us.

Hugs,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

My neurologist writes: Her primary care physician performed a lumbar puncture that showed an (ACD level of 5.6 with a white blood cell count of 2,130 and 220 RBCs with 97% lymphocytes and 2% mononuclear cells. Glucose was 34 with a protein of 223. Chest CT performed showed 13mm left upper love mass with small peripheral calcifications. Mri of the brain shows meningeal enhancement.

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.

Guest guest

Hi group

I was a bit confused by the medical terminology in my file I get from ALL my doctors so I asked for help. I/we feel this might be helpful to some of you, maybe all.

Thank you Tracie for helping deceiver for me.

I hope this helps someone. It did me.

Jackie

Re: I need some tech. help

ACD level is a inflammation signifier that shows granulomatous cells in the blood. It is generally a signifier of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Your white cells (immune fighters) are high-- so you may be fighting an infection. RBC's are the red blood cells, and this is the cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. They are ok. "Lymphocytes are the cells that identify foreign substances, bacteria and viruses in the body-- and produce the antibodies to fight them. They are produced in the bone marrow and are divided into T-cell and B--cell lymphocytes. A variety of diseases and drugs and conditions can increase or decrease them"#. Since your count is 97%-- you have a very active immune system.

#Taken from YOU: STAYING YOU by Roizen and Mehmet Oz, M.D.'s.

Chest CT shows peripheral calcifications (granulomas) in the left upper lung lobe. We have 5 lung sacs. Two on the left and 3 on the right. So if you don't have a confirmed biopsy proven sarcoidosis-- this would be easy to have the pulmonologist do a bronchoscopy and get some good biopsies from that lobe.

Menigeal enhancement in the brain means that you have some thickening of brain tissue-- called the Meninges. If the meninges is inflammed, they would call it meningitis. You don't have meningitis, which can be caused by bacteria or viral infections in the brain-- so that is good! You do more than likely have either some granulomas changing some of the structure of the brain tissue, or you may have vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels) which can account for the transient effect of symptoms-- ie. sometimes the short term memory is great, other times it's out to lunch.. Sometimes your speech may slur, other times it's ok. That is often the nature of NS-- it can be very transient in it's symptoms-- more often than not due to systemic inflammation.

If you want to share this with the group, go ahead and forward it to them-- I know that we all need to get help understanding what is happening-- and lord knows I'm not a doctor or even a nurse. I've had to learn this by trial and error--and a whole lot of study myself-- and i know by sharing it with everyone-- we get a better understanding of what is happening ot us.

Hugs,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

My neurologist writes: Her primary care physician performed a lumbar puncture that showed an (ACD level of 5.6 with a white blood cell count of 2,130 and 220 RBCs with 97% lymphocytes and 2% mononuclear cells. Glucose was 34 with a protein of 223. Chest CT performed showed 13mm left upper love mass with small peripheral calcifications. Mri of the brain shows meningeal enhancement.

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.