Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I know many of you have encountered problems with family etc on not

understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in

an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even

recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want

to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health.

She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months

off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been

able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones

without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a

comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep.

The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then

I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do

it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here.

I am fortunate enough to be able to work 40 hours but totally

exhausted and do not go anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and

be able to tackle the next work week.

So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even

let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to

go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not

bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry

or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to

off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we

are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months.

I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not

go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a

Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so

many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work.

How has anyone been able to resolve a situation as she feels it is a

personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take

it personally but you all know how it is.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Kat

Guest guest

Hi,

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Kat

Guest guest

Kat, honey.. sometimes you just have to let them go..Not to hurt them, not to hurt yourself.. you just literally can not have that type of stress in your life.. it hurts.. yes.. she will bring them around when she comes to her senses.. she's in denial.. that's all.. and maybe even resentful that you don't help out as much as she thinks you should..

Sounds.. try not to stress about it.. you know what you can and can't do.. and stick to it.. Make yourself a routine.. rest when you can.. and let it just roll off your back..

Easier said than done.. I know.. but I've been there.. Its hard.. Hang in there girl.. It will be easier with time..

Hugs,

Advice

Hi,I know many of you have encountered problems with family etc on not understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health. She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep. The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here. I am fortunate enough to be able to work 40 hours but totally exhausted and do not go anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and be able to tackle the next work week.So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months. I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work.How has anyone been able to resolve a situation as she feels it is a personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take it personally but you all know how it is.I appreciate any advice.Thanks,Kat

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1324 - Release Date: 3/10/2008 7:27 PM

Guest guest

Kat, honey.. sometimes you just have to let them go..Not to hurt them, not to hurt yourself.. you just literally can not have that type of stress in your life.. it hurts.. yes.. she will bring them around when she comes to her senses.. she's in denial.. that's all.. and maybe even resentful that you don't help out as much as she thinks you should..

Sounds.. try not to stress about it.. you know what you can and can't do.. and stick to it.. Make yourself a routine.. rest when you can.. and let it just roll off your back..

Easier said than done.. I know.. but I've been there.. Its hard.. Hang in there girl.. It will be easier with time..

Hugs,

Advice

Hi,I know many of you have encountered problems with family etc on not understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health. She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep. The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here. I am fortunate enough to be able to work 40 hours but totally exhausted and do not go anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and be able to tackle the next work week.So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months. I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work.How has anyone been able to resolve a situation as she feels it is a personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take it personally but you all know how it is.I appreciate any advice.Thanks,Kat

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1324 - Release Date: 3/10/2008 7:27 PM

Guest guest

Wow, Kat, it is hard to imagine someone being that insensitive. I don't want to 'come down on her' but she is acting extremely self-centered and spoiled. I'm sorry but the way that you say she talks she is coming across as a spoiled little child who wants her way and her way only. Kat, you know your limits and you need...I mean REALLY need...to set boundaries with her. Take care of yourself first and foremost and trust that somehow the rest of it will work out in the end. I am also afraid to hold the little ones. I think i will just drop them and I tell people that it's better to put them on my lap when I'm sitting or lay them down next to me when I'm laying down. I also won't go anywhere without knowing that I have a place to lay down when I need to. Luckily most people get that. Kat, this is HER problem, not yours. I

wish I had something more useful to tell you. Do you have any other relatives who are more understanding and could talk to her?.... You are so lucky I don't live near you cuz I sure wish i could give her a piece of my mind on this subject!!! Take care of yourself, sweetie, and I'll be praying for that relationship. BTW...my son and his wife have been back together for a week now...Yea!!! hugs S.K wrote: Hi, I know many of you have encountered problems with

family etc on not understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health. She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep. The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here. I am fortunate enough to be able to work 40 hours but totally exhausted and do not go

anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and be able to tackle the next work week. So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months. I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work. How has anyone been able to resolve a situation as she feels it is a

personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take it personally but you all know how it is. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Kat 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Wow, Kat, it is hard to imagine someone being that insensitive. I don't want to 'come down on her' but she is acting extremely self-centered and spoiled. I'm sorry but the way that you say she talks she is coming across as a spoiled little child who wants her way and her way only. Kat, you know your limits and you need...I mean REALLY need...to set boundaries with her. Take care of yourself first and foremost and trust that somehow the rest of it will work out in the end. I am also afraid to hold the little ones. I think i will just drop them and I tell people that it's better to put them on my lap when I'm sitting or lay them down next to me when I'm laying down. I also won't go anywhere without knowing that I have a place to lay down when I need to. Luckily most people get that. Kat, this is HER problem, not yours. I

wish I had something more useful to tell you. Do you have any other relatives who are more understanding and could talk to her?.... You are so lucky I don't live near you cuz I sure wish i could give her a piece of my mind on this subject!!! Take care of yourself, sweetie, and I'll be praying for that relationship. BTW...my son and his wife have been back together for a week now...Yea!!! hugs S.K wrote: Hi, I know many of you have encountered problems with

family etc on not understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health. She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep. The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here. I am fortunate enough to be able to work 40 hours but totally exhausted and do not go

anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and be able to tackle the next work week. So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months. I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work. How has anyone been able to resolve a situation as she feels it is a

personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take it personally but you all know how it is. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Kat 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Thank you for your advice. I am in quite a situation and don't know how to get around it. I have tried to talk but she won't listen. I guess she always feels I will be the superwoman I use to be as I raised the two of them myself.It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

Thank you for your advice. I am in quite a situation and don't know how to get around it. I have tried to talk but she won't listen. I guess she always feels I will be the superwoman I use to be as I raised the two of them myself.It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

Thank you . I cried so much in 2007 about my illness and how she treated me and expects me to be. I have covered so many things with my Life Transformation Coach and this is the one area I need to work on. I figure I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. My daughter had her children in her 30s so she was use to her freedom and only doing things with her friends.

Thank you all for being there for me. I keep hoping that someday she will wake up. I keep quiet about things and hope she will turn around but then she blasts me when she cannot find a babysitter. I am so afraid of losing my balance or dropping the new baby.

Thanks again.

Hugs,

KatIt's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

Thank you . I cried so much in 2007 about my illness and how she treated me and expects me to be. I have covered so many things with my Life Transformation Coach and this is the one area I need to work on. I figure I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. My daughter had her children in her 30s so she was use to her freedom and only doing things with her friends.

Thank you all for being there for me. I keep hoping that someday she will wake up. I keep quiet about things and hope she will turn around but then she blasts me when she cannot find a babysitter. I am so afraid of losing my balance or dropping the new baby.

Thanks again.

Hugs,

Guest guest

Kat,

I agree with .............I pretty much went through the same type of thing. My

kids all thought my Sarc was not bad and I was just wanting attention........they should have

known better as I am NOT that type at all, but I know now they were in denial. My problem

was taken care of in the summer of 2006 when I was extremely ill and almost died. I was in

the hospital for 3 months and they really found out how sick I was. Now, all 5 of my children

and spouses are all like mother hens.......hovering over me. I hope you do not have to go

through something like this. I know it is hard and I know it hurts, but just put it out of your

mind and take care of yourself. That is the most important thing............you have to be number

1 to fight this old Sarc monster. It is hard to do and I forget sometimes too, but you MUST

take care of yourself. Get all the rest you can and do not be afraid to say NO! You must

admit to yourself that you are ill and cannot do the things you have alwasy done and your

daughter will eventually understand and bring those grandchildren to see you. Wishing you

all the best and will keep you in my prayers. Please know also that we are here for you........

...just let us know how to help.

Sending lots of hugs...........

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Advice

Guest guest

Kat,

I agree with .............I pretty much went through the same type of thing. My

kids all thought my Sarc was not bad and I was just wanting attention........they should have

known better as I am NOT that type at all, but I know now they were in denial. My problem

was taken care of in the summer of 2006 when I was extremely ill and almost died. I was in

the hospital for 3 months and they really found out how sick I was. Now, all 5 of my children

and spouses are all like mother hens.......hovering over me. I hope you do not have to go

through something like this. I know it is hard and I know it hurts, but just put it out of your

mind and take care of yourself. That is the most important thing............you have to be number

1 to fight this old Sarc monster. It is hard to do and I forget sometimes too, but you MUST

take care of yourself. Get all the rest you can and do not be afraid to say NO! You must

admit to yourself that you are ill and cannot do the things you have alwasy done and your

daughter will eventually understand and bring those grandchildren to see you. Wishing you

all the best and will keep you in my prayers. Please know also that we are here for you........

...just let us know how to help.

Sending lots of hugs...........

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Advice

Guest guest

I hear you, Kat.

I had the same problem with my family at first. I used to be the one that took care of everyone else's problems and when I got sick, no one wanted to believe it. They all kept coming to me for help, even when I told them that I was too sick. My sister would leave her kids at my house even when I was sick in bed and too blind to drive!

It takes something within THEM to change for them to get past the denial. You can not change that. You must take care of yourself. Your daughter will come around, she will see. But she will have to see it in when she is ready to understand it.

In the meantime, take good care of yourself. Know that this was hard for you to accept and that it will be even harder for your family. It is frightening and overwhelming and they don't want to see it right now. But hopefully, soon, they will see your pain.

Right now, you have us.

We will be there for you. You are not alone. karla

Advice

Hi,I know many of you have encountered problems with family etc on not understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health. She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep. The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here. I am fortunate enough to be able to work

40 hours but totally exhausted and do not go anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and be able to tackle the next work week.So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months. I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work.How has anyone been able to

resolve a situation as she feels it is a personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take it personally but you all know how it is.I appreciate any advice.Thanks,Kat

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I hear you, Kat.

I had the same problem with my family at first. I used to be the one that took care of everyone else's problems and when I got sick, no one wanted to believe it. They all kept coming to me for help, even when I told them that I was too sick. My sister would leave her kids at my house even when I was sick in bed and too blind to drive!

It takes something within THEM to change for them to get past the denial. You can not change that. You must take care of yourself. Your daughter will come around, she will see. But she will have to see it in when she is ready to understand it.

In the meantime, take good care of yourself. Know that this was hard for you to accept and that it will be even harder for your family. It is frightening and overwhelming and they don't want to see it right now. But hopefully, soon, they will see your pain.

Right now, you have us.

We will be there for you. You are not alone. karla

Advice

Hi,I know many of you have encountered problems with family etc on not understanding your condition. I was just blasted by my daughter in an email. We have been having a situation that she would not even recognize last year that I have NS or MS symptoms. She does not want to hear it. She does not want me to talk about work or my health. She never called once while I was extremely ill for those 2 months off work nor did she bring the grandkids to see me. I have not been able to babysit for the past 15 months as I cannot lift little ones without being afraid of dropping one of them. Nor do they have a comfortable couch or somewhere for me to put my feet up or sleep. The drive is 1/2 hour away and they would stay out til 2 am and then I would have to drive home prior to my last attack. I just can't do it. She won't call, she won't bring the children here. I am fortunate enough to be able to work

40 hours but totally exhausted and do not go anywhere all weekend to regroup, refocus and be able to tackle the next work week.So how have any of you gotten through to someone when they won't even let you talk about why or what is going on? I just know she wants to go places and I physically cannot do it. So I am punished by her not bringing them to visit. It hurts alot. And, you know, when you cry or get stressed out your symptoms get worse. I am trying so hard to off the IV treatments of solumedrol as I was every 4 weeks and now we are trying for 8 weeks as this has been my treatment for 15 months. I am down from 60 mg oral prednisone to 10 mg and I found I could not go down to 9 as my stuttering reappears. I have also been seeing a Life Transformation Coach, going to Chair Yoga for MS and doing so many positive things to get to be the best I can and still work.How has anyone been able to

resolve a situation as she feels it is a personal attack. The email hurt so bad and I am trying not to take it personally but you all know how it is.I appreciate any advice.Thanks,Kat

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Kat I am so sorry to hear this, it is hard when family members have trouble getting it, your daughter sounds like she is in a " me " place in her life, and I'm sure she will come around, I wish I had some good advice for you, I would just keep in touch from your end, leave messages if she doesn't answer, and keep telling her that you love her, it will eventually sink in, blessings, Marla

Hi,

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Kat

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Kat I am so sorry to hear this, it is hard when family members have trouble getting it, your daughter sounds like she is in a " me " place in her life, and I'm sure she will come around, I wish I had some good advice for you, I would just keep in touch from your end, leave messages if she doesn't answer, and keep telling her that you love her, it will eventually sink in, blessings, Marla

Hi,

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Kat

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Thank you Karla. I understand as she would never call or visit me at all in 2007 and thus I never got to see my grandchildren. That is what hurts the most. I know she wants someone to babysit and the inlaws are tired of it. You know yourself you have a hard time handling the change in being able to do everything and now you can barely get the energy.

Hugs,

Guest guest

Thank you Karla. I understand as she would never call or visit me at all in 2007 and thus I never got to see my grandchildren. That is what hurts the most. I know she wants someone to babysit and the inlaws are tired of it. You know yourself you have a hard time handling the change in being able to do everything and now you can barely get the energy.

Hugs,

Guest guest

My doctor recently suggested all my family members see him so that he

could explain the disease better. We will probably do that after the

Easter holidays. It takes a special doctor to be able to pull that

off, and of course your family members must be willing to go in the

first place. Not only is denial a problem, but burnout is also. That

is where we are at right now. My disease started in 2000 and we are

all burned out and just want some respite! I've asked the doctor to

not change my medication for a while, since I am on a fairly OK

routine and feeling OK. I can't cope with another crisis right now.

Neither can my husband and sons.