symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I

did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did

have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure

and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of

solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he

always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today

to let him know how I am doing.

I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone been

successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV?

I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been

doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins

regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms

classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email

from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it

stressed me out.

Thanks for any information you can offer.

Kathy

Guest guest

Hi,

I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my

situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge

besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and

have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments

initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I

was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We

started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing

quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the

last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time

they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got

zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where

he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness

in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new

symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I

did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did

have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure

and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of

solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he

always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today

to let him know how I am doing.

I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone been

successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV?

I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been

doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins

regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms

classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email

from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it

stressed me out.

Thanks for any information you can offer.

Kathy

Guest guest

How do we know for sure if we have ms or ns? CathyK wrote: Hi,I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We started to space

my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today to let him know how I am doing.I realize alot of you are on

different treatments. Has anyone been successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV? I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it stressed me out. Thanks for any information you can offer.Kathy

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

How do we know for sure if we have ms or ns? CathyK wrote: Hi,I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We started to space

my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today to let him know how I am doing.I realize alot of you are on

different treatments. Has anyone been successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV? I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it stressed me out. Thanks for any information you can offer.Kathy

Guest guest

I have been on IV Solumedrol since the beginning, over 2 years now.

I have just been weaned down from 1000mu once a month, last month. I

can not take the oral prednisone any more because of ulcers, so I am

just doing the Cellcept and IVIG (immunoglobulins). It has been a

rough road until now, but right now everything is going okay. Coming

down off of the steroids is the hardest thing. The pain and

weakness, you expect some of it, but it effects each of us in a

different way.

Take it easy on yourself. k

>

> Hi,

> I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to

my

> situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge

> besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and

> have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments

> initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago.

I

> was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We

> started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was

doing

> quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact

the

> last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time

> they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I

got

> zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment

where

> he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness,

numbness

> in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the

new

> symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I

> did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did

> have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight

pressure

> and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg

of

> solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he

> always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him

today

> to let him know how I am doing.

>

> I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone

been

> successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an

IV?

> I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been

> doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins

> regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms

> classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn

email

> from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it

> stressed me out.

>

> Thanks for any information you can offer.

> Kathy

>

Guest guest

I have been on IV Solumedrol since the beginning, over 2 years now.

I have just been weaned down from 1000mu once a month, last month. I

can not take the oral prednisone any more because of ulcers, so I am

just doing the Cellcept and IVIG (immunoglobulins). It has been a

rough road until now, but right now everything is going okay. Coming

down off of the steroids is the hardest thing. The pain and

weakness, you expect some of it, but it effects each of us in a

different way.

Take it easy on yourself. k

>

> Hi,

> I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to

my

> situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge

> besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and

> have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments

> initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago.

I

> was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We

> started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was

doing

> quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact

the

> last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time

> they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I

got

> zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment

where

> he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness,

numbness

> in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the

new

> symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I

> did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did

> have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight

pressure

> and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg

of

> solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he

> always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him

today

> to let him know how I am doing.

>

> I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone

been

> successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an

IV?

> I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been

> doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins

> regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms

> classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn

email

> from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it

> stressed me out.

>

> Thanks for any information you can offer.

> Kathy

>

Guest guest

were you on cellcept and ivig the whole 2 years also?"schell.karla" wrote: I have been on IV Solumedrol since the beginning, over 2 years now. I have just been weaned down from 1000mu once a month, last month. I can not take the oral prednisone any more because of ulcers, so I am just doing the Cellcept and IVIG (immunoglobulins). It has been a rough road until now, but right now everything is going okay. Coming down off of the steroids is the hardest thing. The pain and weakness, you

expect some of it, but it effects each of us in a different way.Take it easy on yourself. k>> Hi,> I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my > situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge > besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and > have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments > initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I > was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We > started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing > quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the > last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time > they pushed

it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got > zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where > he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness > in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new > symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I > did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did > have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure > and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of > solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he > always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today > to let him know how I am doing.> > I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone been > successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV?

> I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been > doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins > regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms > classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email > from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it > stressed me out. > > Thanks for any information you can offer.> Kathy>

Guest guest

were you on cellcept and ivig the whole 2 years also?"schell.karla" wrote: I have been on IV Solumedrol since the beginning, over 2 years now. I have just been weaned down from 1000mu once a month, last month. I can not take the oral prednisone any more because of ulcers, so I am just doing the Cellcept and IVIG (immunoglobulins). It has been a rough road until now, but right now everything is going okay. Coming down off of the steroids is the hardest thing. The pain and weakness, you

expect some of it, but it effects each of us in a different way.Take it easy on yourself. k>> Hi,> I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my > situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge > besides NS. I have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and > have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments > initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I > was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We > started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing > quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the > last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time > they pushed

it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got > zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where > he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness > in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new > symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I > did not have with the initial bout of optic neuritis etc. I did > have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure > and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of > solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he > always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today > to let him know how I am doing.> > I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone been > successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV?

> I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been > doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins > regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms > classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email > from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it > stressed me out. > > Thanks for any information you can offer.> Kathy>

Guest guest

Re: Solu-medrol/prednisone treatment

I have been on IV Solumedrol since the beginning, over 2 years now. I have just been weaned down from 1000mu once a month, last month. I can not take the oral prednisone any more because of ulcers, so I am just doing the Cellcept and IVIG (immunoglobulins) . It has been a rough road until now, but right now everything is going okay. Coming down off of the steroids is the hardest thing. The pain and weakness, you expect some of it, but it effects each of us in a different way.Take it easy on yourself. k>> Hi,> I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my > situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge > besides NS. I

have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and > have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments > initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I > was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We > started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing > quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the > last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time > they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got > zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where > he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness > in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new > symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I > did not have with the initial bout of optic

neuritis etc. I did > have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure > and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of > solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he > always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today > to let him know how I am doing.> > I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone been > successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV? > I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been > doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins > regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms > classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email > from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it > stressed me out. >

> Thanks for any information you can offer.> Kathy>

Guest guest

Re: Solu-medrol/prednisone treatment

I have been on IV Solumedrol since the beginning, over 2 years now. I have just been weaned down from 1000mu once a month, last month. I can not take the oral prednisone any more because of ulcers, so I am just doing the Cellcept and IVIG (immunoglobulins) . It has been a rough road until now, but right now everything is going okay. Coming down off of the steroids is the hardest thing. The pain and weakness, you expect some of it, but it effects each of us in a different way.Take it easy on yourself. k>> Hi,> I really wanted to thank everyone again who responded this week to my > situation with my daughter. It has been my biggest challenge > besides NS. I

have been diagnosed with NS about 15 months ago and > have been doing quite well with the IV solumedrol treatments > initially of 1000 mg and going down to 500 mg about 3 months ago. I > was on 60 mg of oral prednisone and finally down to 10 mg. We > started to space my IV of 500 to 5 weeks instead of 4 and I was doing > quite well. We then went to 6 and I was doing okay too, infact the > last time I thought I could have gone another week. So this time > they pushed it from 6 to 8 to see if I could handle it. Well I got > zapped this week and had to go in for an amergency appointment where > he diagnosed me with a mild exacerbation as I had weakness, numbness > in my arms and legs, gait problems again. but This time I had the new > symptom of total pain in my arms and legs which is a new symptom I > did not have with the initial bout of optic

neuritis etc. I did > have a slight pain in the left side of my brain and a slight pressure > and trouble getting out of chair again. So I got an IV of 500 mg of > solumedrol. Again, he cannot say whether it is NS or MS but he > always tells me to go to the MS events etc. I have to call him today > to let him know how I am doing.> > I realize alot of you are on different treatments. Has anyone been > successful totally on solumedrol and going beyond 6 weeks for an IV? > I have been grateful as everything has been working, I have been > doing everything my coach tells me, eating differently, vitamins > regime he has me on, fish oil, probiotics, meditation, yoga for ms > classes, and resting. The only thing different was that darn email > from my daughter which I handled quite well I thought but maybe it > stressed me out. >

Guest guest

No, I just started the Cellcept and IVIG in November 2006 after I started getting worse on the same dose of steroids. I have had no side effects from the Cellcept, I did have some reaction to the IVIG at first, but they changed the brand and I have been fine ever since.

Re: Re: Solu-medrol/prednisone treatment

were you on cellcept and ivig the whole 2 years also?"schell.karla" <schell.karla@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

No, I just started the Cellcept and IVIG in November 2006 after I started getting worse on the same dose of steroids. I have had no side effects from the Cellcept, I did have some reaction to the IVIG at first, but they changed the brand and I have been fine ever since.

Re: Re: Solu-medrol/prednisone treatment

were you on cellcept and ivig the whole 2 years also?"schell.karla" <schell.karla@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.