RemedySpot.com

Re: Anti Inflammatory Diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon, I know most of us want to control our disease without the pred-- and I know that diet does have a huge influence on inflammation-- throughout the body. I honestly believe that we have to take the action to eat well, plenty of diet and whatever exercise you can tolerate-- as well as stay well hydrated. (You'll get a thread years long on this issue in the ARCHIVES) .

As far as the sites, the 1st one listed is so outdated-- it references articles that are now 10-18 yrs old-- and my concern is that we don't end up on a site that will get the group inundated with a thousand "you looked here, we got ya emails) and end up being spammed to cyber hell.

The second site wouldn't come up at all- so not sure what that is about.

As far as the concept of food contributing to our disease-- what they know about sarc is that in the ACCESS STUDY-- there was a large # of people that had had a history of being around large amounts of agricultural dust, pesticides, and a predisposition to autoimmune disease.

They are also finding a link to specific TNF-a proteins that are in dissarry and are using the Biologicals to specifically target those hyperactive proteins. I'll see what I can find.

You may want to look at the Schwarzbein Protocol-- it's a diet program that rebalances the metabolic systems, and in turn rebalances the immune system. I've been learning about it from my DC. It is so much common sense-- no extremes, and that to me makes more sense than a no fat, or no carb or no dairy or -- you get the idea- diets.

I think what has to happen is that we have to be proactive in tweeking what we can-- and getting it to work with both Western Medicine approaches and whatever other therapies work for you-- massage, meditation, visualization, and go from there.

So far--- no cures are out there-- and won't be until they figure out what the true cause of the disease is.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Have any of you found dieatary changes that have helped with your NS? Recently my daughter, who is being tested for Celiac disease, shared this information with me. It is probably easier to just give you the web addresses and see what you think. As a newbie to this disease I may be asking something that you all have thoroughly discussed but anyway . . .I'd really like to find something besides prednisone and other drugs that I can do for myself. These sites have given me someting to think about.Sarcoidosis and Celiac Disease http://www.celiac.com/articles/126/1/Sarcoidosis-and-Celiac-Disease/Page1.ht Dr. Mark Hyman,author of Ultra Metabolism and Ultra Wellness has a website and a blog. "The autoimmune epidemic -- How to stop your body from attacking itself ..." is one of his latest topics. You can find it at http://www.ultrawellness.com/blogHope you all have a day where you laugh at least once.Sharon Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Sharon, I feel better when I eat less sugar and dairy. Actually I feel better when I also eat less in general and eat lots more raw foods. I also replaced some of my meat proteins with soy choices. I am also type 2 diabetic so I feel better when I eat little meals every 2-3 hours. Exercising as you can tolerate it can also help you and your moods because it releases endorphins(sp?). Positive thinking and creative outlets also do the same thing. I also take MSM and milk thistle daily. that's how I roll...lol. hugs S.birthn905 wrote: Have any of you found dieatary changes that have helped with your NS? Recently my daughter, who is being tested for Celiac disease, shared this information with me. It is probably easier to just give you the web addresses and see what you think. As a newbie to this disease I may be asking something that you all have thoroughly discussed but anyway . . . I'd really like to find something besides prednisone and other drugs that I can do for myself. These sites have given me someting to think about. Sarcoidosis and Celiac Disease http://www.celiac.com/articles/126/1/Sarcoidosis-and-Celiac- Disease/Page1.ht Dr. Mark

Hyman,author of Ultra Metabolism and Ultra Wellness has a website and a blog. "The autoimmune epidemic -- How to stop your body from attacking itself ..." is one of his latest topics. You can find it at http://www.ultrawellness.com/blog Hope you all have a day where you laugh at least once. Sharon 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper

you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Sharon, I feel better when I eat less sugar and dairy. Actually I feel better when I also eat less in general and eat lots more raw foods. I also replaced some of my meat proteins with soy choices. I am also type 2 diabetic so I feel better when I eat little meals every 2-3 hours. Exercising as you can tolerate it can also help you and your moods because it releases endorphins(sp?). Positive thinking and creative outlets also do the same thing. I also take MSM and milk thistle daily. that's how I roll...lol. hugs S.birthn905 wrote: Have any of you found dieatary changes that have helped with your NS? Recently my daughter, who is being tested for Celiac disease, shared this information with me. It is probably easier to just give you the web addresses and see what you think. As a newbie to this disease I may be asking something that you all have thoroughly discussed but anyway . . . I'd really like to find something besides prednisone and other drugs that I can do for myself. These sites have given me someting to think about. Sarcoidosis and Celiac Disease http://www.celiac.com/articles/126/1/Sarcoidosis-and-Celiac- Disease/Page1.ht Dr. Mark

Hyman,author of Ultra Metabolism and Ultra Wellness has a website and a blog. "The autoimmune epidemic -- How to stop your body from attacking itself ..." is one of his latest topics. You can find it at http://www.ultrawellness.com/blog Hope you all have a day where you laugh at least once. Sharon 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper

you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

A friend had urged me once to go see a naturapath. I never went but

had an email from one which recommended some sort of anti-inflammatory

diet. I am so afraid of " too many cooks in the kitchen " , more

confusing information, that I have shied away from alternatives. My

only experience was with a MD/holistic doctor who suggested some type

of anti-inflammatory cleansing program in 2004. After I was finished I

became extremely ill and lost about 1 year trying to recover. Since

then I'm gun shy, sticking with the regular meds and trying to eat a

balanced diet and ride my indoor bike or go for walks.

Very interesting information Sharon thanks for sharing, I don't think I have heard of this connection. Marla

Have any of you found dieatary changes that have helped with your NS?

Recently my daughter, who is being tested for Celiac disease, shared

this information with me. It is probably easier to just give you the

web addresses and see what you think. As a newbie to this disease I

may be asking something that you all have thoroughly discussed but

anyway . . .

I'd really like to find something besides prednisone and other drugs

that I can do for myself. These sites have given me someting to think

about.

Sarcoidosis and Celiac Disease

http://www.celiac.com/articles/126/1/Sarcoidosis-and-Celiac-

Disease/Page1.ht

Dr. Mark Hyman,author of Ultra Metabolism and Ultra Wellness has a

website and a blog. " The autoimmune epidemic -- How to stop your body

from attacking itself ... " is one of his latest topics. You can find

it at http://www.ultrawellness.com/blog

Hope you all have a day where you laugh at least once.

Sharon

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

, good to hear from you.. and I agree about the holistic view, I went to one to.. I was surprised to see that he did do a test.. which was he had a little stip that u can buy at any pharmacy and tested my urine for ph balance..hmmm... he then prescribed 600.00 worth of vitamins that I could only purchase there because his vitamins were all "organic" and no other health food place near.. and he wanted me to do coffee enemas 3 times a day to detox my liver.. and then no meats an only certain types of vegetables, once again "organic" for a month.. no meat Period!.. It wasn't reasonable/practical for me.. I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again it was "organic coffee"

Number one.. I don't have 600.00 to buy 1 month of vitamins..

Guys we have to be practical with our treatments and find what works for us..

A friend had urged me once to go see a naturapath. I never went buthad an email from one which recommended some sort of anti-inflammatorydiet. I am so afraid of "too many cooks in the kitchen", moreconfusing information, that I have shied away from alternatives. Myonly experience was with a MD/holistic doctor who suggested some typeof anti-inflammatory cleansing program in 2004. After I was finished Ibecame extremely ill and lost about 1 year trying to recover. Sincethen I'm gun shy, sticking with the regular meds and trying to eat abalanced diet and ride my indoor bike or go for walks.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1302 - Release Date: 2/27/2008 4:34 PM

, good to hear from you.. and I agree about the holistic view, I went to one to.. I was surprised to see that he did do a test.. which was he had a little stip that u can buy at any pharmacy and tested my urine for ph balance..hmmm... he then prescribed 600.00 worth of vitamins that I could only purchase there because his vitamins were all "organic" and no other health food place near.. and he wanted me to do coffee enemas 3 times a day to detox my liver.. and then no meats an only certain types of vegetables, once again "organic" for a month.. no meat Period!.. It wasn't reasonable/practical for me.. I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again it was "organic coffee"

Number one.. I don't have 600.00 to buy 1 month of vitamins..

Guys we have to be practical with our treatments and find what works for us..

A friend had urged me once to go see a naturapath. I never went buthad an email from one which recommended some sort of anti-inflammatorydiet. I am so afraid of "too many cooks in the kitchen", moreconfusing information, that I have shied away from alternatives. Myonly experience was with a MD/holistic doctor who suggested some typeof anti-inflammatory cleansing program in 2004. After I was finished Ibecame extremely ill and lost about 1 year trying to recover. Sincethen I'm gun shy, sticking with the regular meds and trying to eat abalanced diet and ride my indoor bike or go for walks.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1302 - Release Date: 2/27/2008 4:34 PM

, That guy could have killed you!!! Milk thistle could have detoxed your liver for a whole lot less money. Sounds like a bit of a quack to me. The kind of guy who thinks their way would cure everybody of everything is you just do it his way. None of us should ever be that gullible or desperate to try that kind of stuff. I'm glad you didn't have $600 a month to try it...lol. hugstopdat@... wrote: , good to hear from you.. and I agree about the holistic view, I went to one to.. I was surprised to see that he did do a test.. which was he had a little stip that u can buy at any pharmacy and tested my urine for ph balance..hmmm... he then prescribed 600.00 worth of vitamins that I could only purchase there because his vitamins were all "organic" and no other health food place near.. and he wanted me to do coffee enemas 3 times a day to detox my liver.. and then no meats an only certain types of vegetables, once again "organic" for a month.. no meat Period!.. It wasn't reasonable/practical for me.. I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again it was "organic coffee" Number one.. I don't have 600.00 to buy 1 month of vitamins.. Guys we have to be practical

with our treatments and find what works for us.. Re: Anti Inflammatory Diet A friend had urged me once to go see a naturapath. I never went buthad an email from one which recommended some sort of anti-inflammatorydiet. I am so afraid of "too

many cooks in the kitchen", moreconfusing information, that I have shied away from alternatives. Myonly experience was with a MD/holistic doctor who suggested some typeof anti-inflammatory cleansing program in 2004. After I was finished Ibecame extremely ill and lost about 1 year trying to recover. Sincethen I'm gun shy, sticking with the regular meds and trying to eat abalanced diet and ride my indoor bike or go for walks. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1302 - Release Date: 2/27/2008 4:34 PM 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

, That guy could have killed you!!! Milk thistle could have detoxed your liver for a whole lot less money. Sounds like a bit of a quack to me. The kind of guy who thinks their way would cure everybody of everything is you just do it his way. None of us should ever be that gullible or desperate to try that kind of stuff. I'm glad you didn't have $600 a month to try it...lol. hugstopdat@... wrote: , good to hear from you.. and I agree about the holistic view, I went to one to.. I was surprised to see that he did do a test.. which was he had a little stip that u can buy at any pharmacy and tested my urine for ph balance..hmmm... he then prescribed 600.00 worth of vitamins that I could only purchase there because his vitamins were all "organic" and no other health food place near.. and he wanted me to do coffee enemas 3 times a day to detox my liver.. and then no meats an only certain types of vegetables, once again "organic" for a month.. no meat Period!.. It wasn't reasonable/practical for me.. I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again it was "organic coffee" Number one.. I don't have 600.00 to buy 1 month of vitamins.. Guys we have to be practical

with our treatments and find what works for us.. Re: Anti Inflammatory Diet A friend had urged me once to go see a naturapath. I never went buthad an email from one which recommended some sort of anti-inflammatorydiet. I am so afraid of "too

many cooks in the kitchen", moreconfusing information, that I have shied away from alternatives. Myonly experience was with a MD/holistic doctor who suggested some typeof anti-inflammatory cleansing program in 2004. After I was finished Ibecame extremely ill and lost about 1 year trying to recover. Sincethen I'm gun shy, sticking with the regular meds and trying to eat abalanced diet and ride my indoor bike or go for walks. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1302 - Release Date: 2/27/2008 4:34 PM 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again That would have sent me screaming from the office even faster than the $600 a month for vitamins! Join our Sock Challenge for Orphans in Kazakhstan http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Mittens_ for_Akkol/ grannylunatic@...

I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again That would have sent me screaming from the office even faster than the $600 a month for vitamins! Join our Sock Challenge for Orphans in Kazakhstan http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Mittens_ for_Akkol/ grannylunatic@...

yeah, that was crazy!!!

Re: Re: Anti Inflammatory Diet

I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again

That would have sent me screaming from the office even faster than the $600 a month for vitamins!

Join our Sock Challenge for Orphans in Kazakhstan http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Mittens_ for_Akkol/ grannylunatic (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1303 - Release Date: 2/28/2008 12:14 PM

yeah, that was crazy!!!

Re: Re: Anti Inflammatory Diet

I did do the "organic coffee enemas for a couple of weeks.. once again

That would have sent me screaming from the office even faster than the $600 a month for vitamins!

Join our Sock Challenge for Orphans in Kazakhstan http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Mittens_ for_Akkol/ grannylunatic (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1303 - Release Date: 2/28/2008 12:14 PM

Yeah.. I know.. it was when I first got sick and I couldn't get any answers..I have a cousin that loves holistic medicine.. she's a bit nutty too.. not to say that holistic medicine is nutty.. she is.. haha

29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).

Yeah.. I know.. it was when I first got sick and I couldn't get any answers..I have a cousin that loves holistic medicine.. she's a bit nutty too.. not to say that holistic medicine is nutty.. she is.. haha

29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).