RemedySpot.com

Matt in Seattle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Matt, it sounds as though this pain is not new, but getting worse. Did I get that right? What have the docs said about the pain, and have you seen a rheumatologist, especially with the joint pain. Tracie will encourage MSM & I know that many have benefited from it. As for the eyesight, I don't remember if you are diabetic, but high blood sugars can affect your vision, so I'd be sure to rule that out. And hydration, hydration, hydration!

Ramblin' Rose

A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Matt in seattleDate: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 01:27:44 -0000

Hi= I have a problem and hope othrs may help= i have been experiencing major pain for a while now and nother the docs do seems to help- The pain is from the neck down and is especially bad in my joints. I t is wose now then it has ever been. Also my eyesight keeps blurring up to the point where i cant see, but the eye doc said that there has been no Change in my sight. I was wondering if anyone else is having. or had any of the same situation as mine, I am getting rather nervous about this and dont know what to do. any help would be appreciated Take Care MATT

Now you can see trouble…before he arrives

Matt, it sounds as though this pain is not new, but getting worse. Did I get that right? What have the docs said about the pain, and have you seen a rheumatologist, especially with the joint pain. Tracie will encourage MSM & I know that many have benefited from it. As for the eyesight, I don't remember if you are diabetic, but high blood sugars can affect your vision, so I'd be sure to rule that out. And hydration, hydration, hydration!

Ramblin' Rose

A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Matt in seattleDate: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 01:27:44 -0000

Hi= I have a problem and hope othrs may help= i have been experiencing major pain for a while now and nother the docs do seems to help- The pain is from the neck down and is especially bad in my joints. I t is wose now then it has ever been. Also my eyesight keeps blurring up to the point where i cant see, but the eye doc said that there has been no Change in my sight. I was wondering if anyone else is having. or had any of the same situation as mine, I am getting rather nervous about this and dont know what to do. any help would be appreciated Take Care MATT

Now you can see trouble…before he arrives

Matt, I know what you are talking about. I too have the total body pain down the length of my spine. (I am sure glad I'm short).

When the inflammation gets into the spine-- or we end up with the bone spurs or granulomas putting pressure on the nerve roots- then the pain is through the roof.

Some of the issue has been taken care of with the addition of the Remicade-- in fact, a lot of the issue has been taken care of with the Remicade.

Also- if your blood sugars are high - then the neuropathy and joint pain becomes even worse, and you know where I stand on the hydration issue. I know that during the summer- it is even easier for me to become slightly dehydrated.

Get some decaf tea down, extra water, -stay away from the sugar, sodas and caffeine. They all add insult to injury.

GEt some MSM tablets or the powder-- and start taking it daily. You need to get the mineral content up to snuff. Puremsm.com is a great place to order from. I swear by it.

With your vision blurring, that also can be a sign that your sugars are high. Dry eyes also add to the blurred vision. Artificial tears and the gel at night can help tremendously.

Take care,

TracieGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Hi thanks for the advice will definitly try them to see if it helps   MATTMatt, I know what you are talking about.  I too have the total body pain down the length of my spine.  (I am sure glad I'm short). When the inflammation gets into the spine-- or we end up with the bone spurs or granulomas putting pressure on the nerve roots- then the pain is through the roof.Some of the issue has been taken care of with the addition of the Remicade-- in fact, a lot of the issue has been taken care of with the Remicade. Also- if your blood sugars are high - then the neuropathy and joint pain becomes even worse, and you know where I stand on the hydration issue.  I know that during the summer- it is even easier for me to become slightly dehydrated. Get some decaf tea down, extra water, -stay away from the sugar, sodas and caffeine.  They all add insult to injury.GEt some MSM tablets or the powder-- and start taking it daily.  You need to get the mineral content up to snuff.  Puremsm.com is a great place to order from.  I swear by it. With your vision blurring, that also can be a sign that your sugars are high.  Dry eyes also add to the blurred vision.  Artificial tears and the gel at night can help tremendously. Take care,TracieGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

• 4 months later...

Matt, so

good to hear from you, I hope you get your Condo done, it always feels so good

to accomplice what you start, I have many things I have started but not

finished J

I pray

you have a Blessed Holiday, and a double

blessed New Year. Will be thinking about you as always, love ya, Marl a

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of belltown_mac

Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007

10:48 PM

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Subject: Matt

in Seattle

Hi i know its been a while so thought i would check in

with everyone-

I have been doing ok. no major new medical problems, just a

continuation of all of my old ones. -

I have developed osteoporsis so they have decieded to take me off of

Prednisone over the next 6 months.

Seattle has

started its rainy season and so i am mostly inside these

days. Been working on remodeling my condo, painting and fixing it up.

My mom and i are planing a trip to Arizona

this spring

I hope everyone has a great holiday and that we all have a great new

year. Take Care, MATT

Matt, so

good to hear from you, I hope you get your Condo done, it always feels so good

to accomplice what you start, I have many things I have started but not

finished J

I pray

you have a Blessed Holiday, and a double

blessed New Year. Will be thinking about you as always, love ya, Marl a

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of belltown_mac

Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007

10:48 PM

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Subject: Matt

in Seattle

Hi i know its been a while so thought i would check in

with everyone-

I have been doing ok. no major new medical problems, just a

continuation of all of my old ones. -

I have developed osteoporsis so they have decieded to take me off of

Prednisone over the next 6 months.

Seattle has

started its rainy season and so i am mostly inside these

days. Been working on remodeling my condo, painting and fixing it up.

My mom and i are planing a trip to Arizona

this spring

I hope everyone has a great holiday and that we all have a great new

year. Take Care, MATT

• 1 month later...

Matt, It is a major side effect of prednisone.. especially if you've been on it for a long time, or high doses.. I've had teeth to break and I've also had my R shoulder, and both my legs broken from falls.. that combination, ( pred and falls) do not make for some bad news.. I don't have oseoporosis yet, but I have ostopenia which is one step before the ostoporosis.. soo becareful.. no fix, I do take an actonel, which is an ostoporosis tablet a week.. but the damage is done..

Take care,

Matt in Seattle

Hi- I was just diagnosed with osteoporosis and wondered if others hadhad the same problem from there use of Prednisone. I am also havingmajor problems with my teeth breaking and some of my docs say it isrom the prednisone while another said no. Ant info would be helpful. Take Care, MATT

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.9/1238 - Release Date: 1/22/2008 8:12 PM

Matt I have some bone loss and am also on Actonel. The problem is I can't remember not to drink coffee and then I have to skip the pill for the day. Sadly I remember it about once a month.Join our Sock Challenge for Orphans in Kazakhstan http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Mittens_ for_Akkol/ grannylunatic@...

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Matt and everyone!

Yes, I have been on prednisone on going for the last four years; right

now I am taking 20 mg a day, as well as methotrexate and several other

meds, but once a week, I take FOSAMAX. My docs are concerned about

bone loss for me, especailly since my accident in May 2006 (broken

neck, back)<wear your seatbelts everybody> and I have lost an inch off

of my height, I used to be 5'5 " now I am 5'4 " .

I have problems with my teeth with sensitivity but that is it.

Best of blessings to you all,

Madonna

Hi Matt and everyone!

Yes, I have been on prednisone on going for the last four years; right

now I am taking 20 mg a day, as well as methotrexate and several other

meds, but once a week, I take FOSAMAX. My docs are concerned about

bone loss for me, especailly since my accident in May 2006 (broken

neck, back)<wear your seatbelts everybody> and I have lost an inch off

of my height, I used to be 5'5 " now I am 5'4 " .

I have problems with my teeth with sensitivity but that is it.

Best of blessings to you all,

Madonna

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi this is matt and i was wondering where people have gone to get good

medical care- I am fed up with the care i get in Seattle and will go

anywher that people feel they get proper care-so if anyone would help

me with this I would appreciate it greatly. MATT

Guest guest

Hi this is matt and i was wondering where people have gone to get good

medical care- I am fed up with the care i get in Seattle and will go

anywher that people feel they get proper care-so if anyone would help

me with this I would appreciate it greatly. MATT

Guest guest

Matt, I know you make some trips to California on

occassion-- have you considered going to USC-LA to see

Dr. Sharma? UC in Sacto has Dr. Naguwa

(generally he is in at one of the satellite

offices)--he is a Rheumatoligist.

That may be an option.

Hugs,

Tracie

--- belltown_mac wrote:

> Hi this is matt and i was wondering where people

> have gone to get good

> medical care- I am fed up with the care i get in

> Seattle and will go

> anywher that people feel they get proper care-so if

> anyone would help

> me with this I would appreciate it greatly. MATT

>

>

Guest guest

Matt, I know you make some trips to California on

occassion-- have you considered going to USC-LA to see

Dr. Sharma? UC in Sacto has Dr. Naguwa

(generally he is in at one of the satellite

offices)--he is a Rheumatoligist.

That may be an option.

Hugs,

Tracie

--- belltown_mac wrote:

> Hi this is matt and i was wondering where people

> have gone to get good

> medical care- I am fed up with the care i get in

> Seattle and will go

> anywher that people feel they get proper care-so if

> anyone would help

> me with this I would appreciate it greatly. MATT

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Tracie, thanks and I will look into that Matt, I know you make some trips to California onoccassion-- have you considered going to USC-LA to seeDr. Sharma? UC in Sacto has Dr. Naguwa(generally he is in at one of the satelliteoffices)--he is a Rheumatoligist. That may be an option. Hugs,Tracie--- belltown_mac <chapmac (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Hi this is matt and i was wondering where people> have gone to get good> medical care- I am fed up with the care i get in> Seattle and will go> anywher that people feel they get proper care-so if> anyone would help> me with this I would appreciate it greatly. MATT> > 

Guest guest

Hi Tracie, thanks and I will look into that Matt, I know you make some trips to California onoccassion-- have you considered going to USC-LA to seeDr. Sharma? UC in Sacto has Dr. Naguwa(generally he is in at one of the satelliteoffices)--he is a Rheumatoligist. That may be an option. Hugs,Tracie--- belltown_mac <chapmac (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Hi this is matt and i was wondering where people> have gone to get good> medical care- I am fed up with the care i get in> Seattle and will go> anywher that people feel they get proper care-so if> anyone would help> me with this I would appreciate it greatly. MATT> >