helps put that shine back in!

Hugs,

Tracie

--- quiltenbe@... wrote:

> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is

> going through the same

> thing right now and the docs are trying to figure

> out just what she has. Her

> hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.

> She's a beautiful, and I

> do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to

> go to work everyday like

> that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.

> Her rheumo doc told her that

> our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are

> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores,

> fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's

> making a mountain out of a

> molehill. BonnieB

>

>

>

> **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.

> Watch the video on AOL

> Home.

>

(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030\

000000001)

>

Guest guest

I do hope her MD " s have checked her thyroid. Both

hypo and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. One

thing to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon baking

soda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and let

it sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs out

of your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. It

helps put that shine back in!

Hugs,

Tracie

--- quiltenbe@... wrote:

> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is

> going through the same

> thing right now and the docs are trying to figure

> out just what she has. Her

> hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.

> She's a beautiful, and I

> do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to

> go to work everyday like

> that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.

> Her rheumo doc told her that

> our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are

> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores,

> fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's

> making a mountain out of a

> molehill. BonnieB

>

>

>

> **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.

> Watch the video on AOL

> Home.

>

(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030\

000000001)

>

Guest guest

Another note on hair falling out.. I had this really really bad.... I had a dermatologist to tell me to take 1 biotin aday.. its over the counter vitamin b.. OMG!! My hair came back thicker than it had ever been and I had massive hair on my head.. wow.. then they told me to take selenium and a zinc daily.. it kinda took some of the kink out of it.. guys its over the counter vitamin b.. if it works wonderful.. if it doesn't then no big loss.. we lose a lot of our vitamin b with Imuran, metho, remicade.. what ever.. try it..

Hugs,

Re: Hair falling out

I do hope her MD"s have checked her thyroid. Bothhypo and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. Onething to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon bakingsoda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and letit sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs outof your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. Ithelps put that shine back in!Hugs,Tracie--- quiltenbe (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is> going through the same > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure> out just what she has. Her > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.> She's a beautiful, and I > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to> go to work everyday like > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.> Her rheumo doc told her that > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores, > fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's> making a mountain out of a > molehill. BonnieB> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.> Watch the video on AOL > Home. >(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 - Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

Guest guest

Another note on hair falling out.. I had this really really bad.... I had a dermatologist to tell me to take 1 biotin aday.. its over the counter vitamin b.. OMG!! My hair came back thicker than it had ever been and I had massive hair on my head.. wow.. then they told me to take selenium and a zinc daily.. it kinda took some of the kink out of it.. guys its over the counter vitamin b.. if it works wonderful.. if it doesn't then no big loss.. we lose a lot of our vitamin b with Imuran, metho, remicade.. what ever.. try it..

Hugs,

Re: Hair falling out

I do hope her MD"s have checked her thyroid. Bothhypo and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. Onething to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon bakingsoda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and letit sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs outof your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. Ithelps put that shine back in!Hugs,Tracie--- quiltenbe (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is> going through the same > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure> out just what she has. Her > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.> She's a beautiful, and I > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to> go to work everyday like > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.> Her rheumo doc told her that > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores, > fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's> making a mountain out of a > molehill. BonnieB> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.> Watch the video on AOL > Home. >(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 - Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

Guest guest

Hey girlfriend,

Glad to see you online-- I had forgotten about the Vit

B adding to hair loss-- you are so right!

I hope you're doing as well as can be!

Love to you,

Tracie

--- topdat@... wrote:

> Another note on hair falling out.. I had this really

> really bad.... I had a dermatologist to tell me to

> take 1 biotin aday.. its over the counter vitamin

> b.. OMG!! My hair came back thicker than it had ever

> been and I had massive hair on my head.. wow.. then

> they told me to take selenium and a zinc daily.. it

> kinda took some of the kink out of it.. guys its

> over the counter vitamin b.. if it works wonderful..

> if it doesn't then no big loss.. we lose a lot of

> our vitamin b with Imuran, metho, remicade.. what

> ever.. try it..

>

> Hugs,

>

> Re: Hair falling out

>

>

> I do hope her MD " s have checked her thyroid. Both

> hypo and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. One

> thing to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon

> baking

> soda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and

> let

> it sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs

> out

> of your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. It

> helps put that shine back in!

> Hugs,

> Tracie

> --- quiltenbe@... wrote:

>

> > Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister

> Diane, is

> > going through the same

> > thing right now and the docs are trying to

> figure

> > out just what she has. Her

> > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about

> it.

> > She's a beautiful, and I

> > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her

> to

> > go to work everyday like

> > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.

> > Her rheumo doc told her that

> > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are

> > extremely dry eyes, mouth sores,

> > fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's

> > making a mountain out of a

> > molehill. BonnieB

> >

> >

> >

> > **************Create a Home Theater Like the

> Pros.

> > Watch the video on AOL

> > Home.

> >

>

>

000000001)

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG.

> Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 -

> Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

>

Guest guest

Hey girlfriend,

Glad to see you online-- I had forgotten about the Vit

B adding to hair loss-- you are so right!

I hope you're doing as well as can be!

Love to you,

Tracie

--- topdat@... wrote:

> Another note on hair falling out.. I had this really

> really bad.... I had a dermatologist to tell me to

> take 1 biotin aday.. its over the counter vitamin

> b.. OMG!! My hair came back thicker than it had ever

> been and I had massive hair on my head.. wow.. then

> they told me to take selenium and a zinc daily.. it

> kinda took some of the kink out of it.. guys its

> over the counter vitamin b.. if it works wonderful..

> if it doesn't then no big loss.. we lose a lot of

> our vitamin b with Imuran, metho, remicade.. what

> ever.. try it..

>

> Hugs,

>

> Re: Hair falling out

>

>

> I do hope her MD " s have checked her thyroid. Both

> thing to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon

> baking

> let

> out

> Hugs,

> Tracie

>

> > Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister

> Diane, is

> > thing right now and the docs are trying to

> figure

> it.

> to

> > molehill. BonnieB

> >

> >

> >

> > **************Create a Home Theater Like the

> Pros.

> > Home.

> >

>

>

000000001)

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG.

> Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 -

> Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the tip Tracie? How often can you do that? I have hypothyroid also and in the middle of all this my thyroid levels went wacky also and a lot of my hair fell out. It used to be long and thick. Now it's very thin and looks short (but I didn't get it cut). I have tried different shampoos and conditioners. It is also really rough, used to be long soft curls-now looks like an afro (littlerally) unless I really work with it. No wonder i hate looking in the mirror (between that and the round prednisone face). Have you ever heard of copper deficiency running with sarcoidosis? During their search for a diagnosis one of the doctors found I had a copper deficieincy. My copper level was extremely low. They didn't know why. They said that doctors just discovered within the last year or 2 that low copper levels cause many neurological symptoms. I began taking copper suppliments last summer and by winter my level was normal and some of my symptoms

were gone, so I thought it was the cause for them, however now some of those symptoms are back and my copper level is normal. I think there is some connection, but I can't figure it out. I read that low copper levels can make your hair fall out and can be a factor in hypothyroid also. Whew, Im worn out. Thanks for eveythng. Cathytracie feldhaus wrote: I do hope her MD"s have checked her thyroid. Bothhypo and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. Onething to help your hair ou-- use

1 tablespoon bakingsoda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and letit sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs outof your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. Ithelps put that shine back in!Hugs,Tracie--- quiltenbe (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is> going through the same > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure> out just what she has. Her > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.> She's a beautiful, and I > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to> go to work everyday like > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.> Her rheumo doc told her that > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores, > fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's> making a mountain out of a >

molehill. BonnieB> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.> Watch the video on AOL > Home. >(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Thanks for the tip Tracie? How often can you do that? I have hypothyroid also and in the middle of all this my thyroid levels went wacky also and a lot of my hair fell out. It used to be long and thick. Now it's very thin and looks short (but I didn't get it cut). I have tried different shampoos and conditioners. It is also really rough, used to be long soft curls-now looks like an afro (littlerally) unless I really work with it. No wonder i hate looking in the mirror (between that and the round prednisone face). Have you ever heard of copper deficiency running with sarcoidosis? During their search for a diagnosis one of the doctors found I had a copper deficieincy. My copper level was extremely low. They didn't know why. They said that doctors just discovered within the last year or 2 that low copper levels cause many neurological symptoms. I began taking copper suppliments last summer and by winter my level was normal and some of my symptoms

were gone, so I thought it was the cause for them, however now some of those symptoms are back and my copper level is normal. I think there is some connection, but I can't figure it out. I read that low copper levels can make your hair fall out and can be a factor in hypothyroid also. Whew, Im worn out. Thanks for eveythng. Cathytracie feldhaus wrote: I do hope her MD"s have checked her thyroid. Bothhypo and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. Onething to help your hair ou-- use

1 tablespoon bakingsoda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and letit sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs outof your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. Ithelps put that shine back in!Hugs,Tracie--- quiltenbe (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is> going through the same > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure> out just what she has. Her > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.> She's a beautiful, and I > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to> go to work everyday like > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.> Her rheumo doc told her that > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores, > fatigue, weight loss. Her husband thinks she's> making a mountain out of a >

molehill. BonnieB> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.> Watch the video on AOL > Home. >(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

God love you! There's hope! Im gonna try it right away!!!!topdat@... wrote: Another note on hair falling out.. I had this really really bad.... I had a dermatologist to tell me to take 1 biotin aday.. its over the counter vitamin b.. OMG!! My hair came back thicker than it had ever been and I had massive hair on my head.. wow.. then they told me to take selenium and a zinc daily.. it kinda took some of the kink out of it.. guys its over the counter vitamin b.. if it works wonderful.. if it doesn't then

no big loss.. we lose a lot of our vitamin b with Imuran, metho, remicade.. what ever.. try it.. Hugs, Re: Hair falling out I do hope her MD"s have checked her thyroid. Bothhypo

and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. Onething to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon bakingsoda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and letit sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs outof your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. Ithelps put that shine back in!Hugs,Tracie--- quiltenbe (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is> going through the same > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure> out just what she has. Her > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.> She's a beautiful, and I > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to> go to work everyday like > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.> Her rheumo doc told her that > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores, > fatigue,

weight loss. Her husband thinks she's> making a mountain out of a > molehill. BonnieB> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.> Watch the video on AOL > Home. >(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)> No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 - Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

God love you! There's hope! Im gonna try it right away!!!!topdat@... wrote: Another note on hair falling out.. I had this really really bad.... I had a dermatologist to tell me to take 1 biotin aday.. its over the counter vitamin b.. OMG!! My hair came back thicker than it had ever been and I had massive hair on my head.. wow.. then they told me to take selenium and a zinc daily.. it kinda took some of the kink out of it.. guys its over the counter vitamin b.. if it works wonderful.. if it doesn't then

no big loss.. we lose a lot of our vitamin b with Imuran, metho, remicade.. what ever.. try it.. Hugs, Re: Hair falling out I do hope her MD"s have checked her thyroid. Bothhypo

and hyper-thyroid can cause hair loss. Onething to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon bakingsoda in 1 cup of water, rub it in to your hair and letit sit 5 mins-- that will take alot of ther drugs outof your hair-- and then shampoo and condition. Ithelps put that shine back in!Hugs,Tracie--- quiltenbe (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:> Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane, is> going through the same > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure> out just what she has. Her > hair is falling out and she's so depressed about it.> She's a beautiful, and I > do mean beautiful woman and it's so hard for her to> go to work everyday like > that. They think it's Lupus of Sjogrens or sarc.> Her rheumo doc told her that > our genes are awful. Her other symptoms are> extremely dry eyes, mouth sores, > fatigue,

weight loss. Her husband thinks she's> making a mountain out of a > molehill. BonnieB> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.> Watch the video on AOL > Home. >(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)> No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 - Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I do it about every 2 wks. I've not seen any problem

with doing it that often.

I can totally relate to the afro head-- when I was on

high dose pred, the moonface and a paid for afro--- I

looked like a basketball head. Scary..

I hadn't heard of the copper deficiency-- will have to

look that up-- my thyroid has taken a huge dump

lately-- back in the stoneages when I was 12, I had a

super hyperactive thyroid, and by the time I turned

18, they had to remove it. It was the size of a small

grapefruit-- and as I recall, was covered with what

would have been granulomas. So for me, sarc is

probably a lifetime event.

So much of what this disease does effects our hormones

-- so to have it whacked out isn't surprising-- it's

just figuring out how to balance the things we can,

and learn to live with the rest as best we can.

Hugs,

Tracie

--- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Thanks for the tip Tracie? How often can you do

> that?

> I have hypothyroid also and in the middle of all

> this my thyroid levels went wacky also and a lot of

> my hair fell out. It used to be long and thick. Now

> it's very thin and looks short (but I didn't get it

> cut). I have tried different shampoos and

> conditioners. It is also really rough, used to be

> long soft curls-now looks like an afro (littlerally)

> unless I really work with it. No wonder i hate

> looking in the mirror (between that and the round

> prednisone face).

> Have you ever heard of copper deficiency running

> with sarcoidosis? During their search for a

> diagnosis one of the doctors found I had a copper

> deficieincy. My copper level was extremely low. They

> didn't know why. They said that doctors just

> discovered within the last year or 2 that low copper

> levels cause many neurological symptoms. I began

> taking copper suppliments last summer and by winter

> my level was normal and some of my symptoms were

> gone, so I thought it was the cause for them,

> however now some of those symptoms are back and my

> copper level is normal. I think there is some

> connection, but I can't figure it out. I read that

> low copper levels can make your hair fall out and

> can be a factor in hypothyroid also. Whew, Im worn

> out.

> Thanks for eveythng.

> Cathy

>

> tracie feldhaus wrote:

> I do hope her MD " s have checked her

> thyroid. Both

> thing to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon baking

> let

> out

> Hugs,

> Tracie

>

> > Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane,

> is

> > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure

> it.

> to

> > molehill. BonnieB

> >

> >

> >

> > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.

> > Home.

> >

>

000000001)

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them

> fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

I do it about every 2 wks. I've not seen any problem

with doing it that often.

I can totally relate to the afro head-- when I was on

high dose pred, the moonface and a paid for afro--- I

looked like a basketball head. Scary..

I hadn't heard of the copper deficiency-- will have to

look that up-- my thyroid has taken a huge dump

lately-- back in the stoneages when I was 12, I had a

super hyperactive thyroid, and by the time I turned

18, they had to remove it. It was the size of a small

grapefruit-- and as I recall, was covered with what

would have been granulomas. So for me, sarc is

probably a lifetime event.

So much of what this disease does effects our hormones

-- so to have it whacked out isn't surprising-- it's

just figuring out how to balance the things we can,

and learn to live with the rest as best we can.

Hugs,

Tracie

--- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Thanks for the tip Tracie? How often can you do

> that?

> I have hypothyroid also and in the middle of all

> this my thyroid levels went wacky also and a lot of

> my hair fell out. It used to be long and thick. Now

> it's very thin and looks short (but I didn't get it

> cut). I have tried different shampoos and

> conditioners. It is also really rough, used to be

> long soft curls-now looks like an afro (littlerally)

> unless I really work with it. No wonder i hate

> looking in the mirror (between that and the round

> prednisone face).

> Have you ever heard of copper deficiency running

> with sarcoidosis? During their search for a

> diagnosis one of the doctors found I had a copper

> deficieincy. My copper level was extremely low. They

> didn't know why. They said that doctors just

> discovered within the last year or 2 that low copper

> levels cause many neurological symptoms. I began

> taking copper suppliments last summer and by winter

> my level was normal and some of my symptoms were

> gone, so I thought it was the cause for them,

> however now some of those symptoms are back and my

> copper level is normal. I think there is some

> connection, but I can't figure it out. I read that

> low copper levels can make your hair fall out and

> can be a factor in hypothyroid also. Whew, Im worn

> out.

> Thanks for eveythng.

> Cathy

>

> tracie feldhaus wrote:

> I do hope her MD " s have checked her

> thyroid. Both

> thing to help your hair ou-- use 1 tablespoon baking

> let

> out

> Hugs,

> Tracie

>

> > Did your hair grow back??? Cause my sister Diane,

> is

> > thing right now and the docs are trying to figure

> it.

> to

> > molehill. BonnieB

> >

> >

> >

> > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.

> > Home.

> >

>

000000001)

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them

> fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Thanks guys. Yeah, she's hypothyroid, but they checked her levels and it's not from that. She's getting steroid injections in her head to help, but it's slow going, or should I say, growing. I'll let her know about the remedies you all have offered. Maybe one of them will help. Bonnie BCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Guest guest

Thanks guys. Yeah, she's hypothyroid, but they checked her levels and it's not from that. She's getting steroid injections in her head to help, but it's slow going, or should I say, growing. I'll let her know about the remedies you all have offered. Maybe one of them will help. Bonnie BCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.