RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Using a cane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I use a walking stick the extra height seems to work better for me. I hope this is of some help to any of you.mosaicgirl1 wrote: Cathy,Sorry to butt in but I have a friend with MS who used to use 2, 3 prongcanes.Just an FYI.Terri G.> Hey Cathy,> I'm a wall hugger too!> I walk with a forearm crutch most of the time, but when I am at homeor just walking

around, I try not to use it so much. Then I crash.Without warning, just like you said, right into the wall. I just tipover. Just like I am drunk, where did my balance go?> You would think after 2 years that I would have gotten used to it, butnooooooo. I just smashed, face first into the wall, here at my officethis morning. Only two co-workers saw me but they are used to it. Ididn't fall down this time, nothing hurt but my pride.>>> Re: questions re medication>> Marla,> thanks for your reply. I am glad you made it to all but one game!That's awesome!> Thanks for telling me what your legs do too. It's nice to know I amnot alone.

Sometimes I just wonder if I've lost my mind. I am walkingand after not very far, my legs just seem to stop. I stand there lookinglike an idiot because my legs wont go forward. I have learned torecognize it a bit sooner and if I stop and rest before they get to thepoint that they just wont go, I can usually make it farther. One morequestion if you don't mind. Today when we were leaving his game andwalking across the grass, I was of course loosing my balance more thannormal because it was really uneven. I told my husband that people whosee me walk must think I am drunk (and I don't even drink). I wobble andsway. Even at home on flat floors I go sideways and crash into the wallsfrequently with no warning. I have begun walking with my hands on thewall beside me and I don't crash as much. Does that happen to you too?> Have a great day!> Cathy>> > > --> > >> > >>

> >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-Grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bremer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>>>>>> --> Marla Bremer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

I use a walking stick the extra height seems to work better for me. I hope this is of some help to any of you.mosaicgirl1 wrote: Cathy,Sorry to butt in but I have a friend with MS who used to use 2, 3 prongcanes.Just an FYI.Terri G.> Hey Cathy,> I'm a wall hugger too!> I walk with a forearm crutch most of the time, but when I am at homeor just walking

around, I try not to use it so much. Then I crash.Without warning, just like you said, right into the wall. I just tipover. Just like I am drunk, where did my balance go?> You would think after 2 years that I would have gotten used to it, butnooooooo. I just smashed, face first into the wall, here at my officethis morning. Only two co-workers saw me but they are used to it. Ididn't fall down this time, nothing hurt but my pride.>>> Re: questions re medication>> Marla,> thanks for your reply. I am glad you made it to all but one game!That's awesome!> Thanks for telling me what your legs do too. It's nice to know I amnot alone.

Sometimes I just wonder if I've lost my mind. I am walkingand after not very far, my legs just seem to stop. I stand there lookinglike an idiot because my legs wont go forward. I have learned torecognize it a bit sooner and if I stop and rest before they get to thepoint that they just wont go, I can usually make it farther. One morequestion if you don't mind. Today when we were leaving his game andwalking across the grass, I was of course loosing my balance more thannormal because it was really uneven. I told my husband that people whosee me walk must think I am drunk (and I don't even drink). I wobble andsway. Even at home on flat floors I go sideways and crash into the wallsfrequently with no warning. I have begun walking with my hands on thewall beside me and I don't crash as much. Does that happen to you too?> Have a great day!> Cathy>> > > --> > >> > >>

> >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-Grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bremer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>>>>>> --> Marla Bremer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.