Dr. Baughman Appointment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have an appointment with Dr. Baughman on the 10th. My muscle biopsy

was negative in December. However, I had a electrophysiology study in

July that showed mitral and tricuspid valves leaking, dual AV node,

pulmonary hypertension (diagnosed when I first got sick), an

arrhythmia, supraventricular tachycardia, and sometimes bradycardia.

When I first saw him about 3 years ago, he was concerned about my heart

and thought I needed a pacemaker.

I find him difficult to talk to. Anybody have any suggestions on what

to say or do. I am taking him copies of the biopsy and the heart

test.

Bonnie

Guest guest

I have an appointment with Dr. Baughman on the 10th. My muscle biopsy

was negative in December. However, I had a electrophysiology study in

July that showed mitral and tricuspid valves leaking, dual AV node,

pulmonary hypertension (diagnosed when I first got sick), an

arrhythmia, supraventricular tachycardia, and sometimes bradycardia.

When I first saw him about 3 years ago, he was concerned about my heart

and thought I needed a pacemaker.

I find him difficult to talk to. Anybody have any suggestions on what

to say or do. I am taking him copies of the biopsy and the heart

test.

Bonnie

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

The pacemaker was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I've been upgraded from a medtronic kappa 700 to an InSync III (heart failure pacer) after I started showing severe signs of heart failure. I jokingly call the InSync III my "boy band". The pacers made a tremendous difference in my quality of life, and now keep me alive. Over time my heart has become more and more dependent. Right before they switched pacers I was 97% dependent on them to function, I am now 100% paced, but that's ok; beats the fire out of alternative. They can't take away all the problems sarc throws at your heart, I still have a tremendous amount of PVC's and I still have atrial fib and tach and ventricular fib & tach sometimes, but we won't go to where I would be without it. Connie-FLbag45209 wrote: I have an appointment with Dr. Baughman on the 10th. My muscle biopsy was negative in December. However, I had a electrophysiology study in July that showed mitral and tricuspid valves leaking, dual AV node, pulmonary hypertension (diagnosed when I first got sick), an arrhythmia, supraventricular tachycardia, and sometimes bradycardia. When I first saw him about 3 years ago, he was concerned about my heart and thought I needed a pacemaker. I find him difficult to talk to. Anybody have any suggestions on what to say or do. I am taking him copies of the biopsy and the heart test.

Bonnie

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

The pacemaker was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I've been upgraded from a medtronic kappa 700 to an InSync III (heart failure pacer) after I started showing severe signs of heart failure. I jokingly call the InSync III my "boy band". The pacers made a tremendous difference in my quality of life, and now keep me alive. Over time my heart has become more and more dependent. Right before they switched pacers I was 97% dependent on them to function, I am now 100% paced, but that's ok; beats the fire out of alternative. They can't take away all the problems sarc throws at your heart, I still have a tremendous amount of PVC's and I still have atrial fib and tach and ventricular fib & tach sometimes, but we won't go to where I would be without it. Connie-FLbag45209 wrote: I have an appointment with Dr. Baughman on the 10th. My muscle biopsy was negative in December. However, I had a electrophysiology study in July that showed mitral and tricuspid valves leaking, dual AV node, pulmonary hypertension (diagnosed when I first got sick), an arrhythmia, supraventricular tachycardia, and sometimes bradycardia. When I first saw him about 3 years ago, he was concerned about my heart and thought I needed a pacemaker. I find him difficult to talk to. Anybody have any suggestions on what to say or do. I am taking him copies of the biopsy and the heart test.

Bonnie

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.