RemedySpot.com

Re: Remicade...anyone had any bad experience with it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Rick,I was going to take Remicade but after finding out my ejection fraction was 44% (per my cardiologist must be 50% or higher) my doctor said absolutely not. He said remicade could make my heart worse if already having pumping problems. Many people have had good results with remicade from what I've read on this and other sites. Some folks have had problems though and had to stop the med. Blessings,BeckyRick Jack wrote: Hi, Sorry if this was already asked. Those here using it...have you had any bad side effects

either short term or long term? Your information is what counts... thank you Rick

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Rick,I was going to take Remicade but after finding out my ejection fraction was 44% (per my cardiologist must be 50% or higher) my doctor said absolutely not. He said remicade could make my heart worse if already having pumping problems. Many people have had good results with remicade from what I've read on this and other sites. Some folks have had problems though and had to stop the med. Blessings,BeckyRick Jack wrote: Hi, Sorry if this was already asked. Those here using it...have you had any bad side effects

either short term or long term? Your information is what counts... thank you Rick

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Rick, I don't want to scare you . I am one of the few that had issues with Remicade. I was on methotrexate for at least a year and then it wasn't helping as much. (This was about the time that Remicade started being used for RA.) My Rheumy suggested I try it for the sarcoid. The only way at that time that insurance would pay for it was if I was diagnosed with RA. So he set me up to start the Remicade stating to the insurance co. that I had RA. I was both excited and nervous about trying it . They said I may have nausea, weakness and feeling "blah" for a day or so. But I was looking forward to a treatment that would help. Anyway the first infusion went well. (They usually check your blood after the infusion). The 2nd infusion was given and I actually believed it was going to help. But they did the blood test and my white blood cell count went

dangerously low. They immediately took me off the Remicade and the methotrexate. My hopes were crushed . They even took away the methotrexate I had been taking! So that is my story . I haven't heard of many on this board who have had bad experiences with Remicade. Maybe one or two people. If you are planning on starting it, I encourage you . The drs monitor you well for any bad side effects and take you off immediately. Good luck, Debbie T. Co-Moderator Rick Jack wrote: Hi,Sorry if this was already asked.Those here using it...have you had any bad side effects either short term or long term?Your information is what counts...thank youRick~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~

*** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- FAITH CHAT: SUNDAY 4PM-5PM EASTERN TIME CHATROOM LINK: http://www.emxpc.net/chat/index.php Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Rick, I have been on Remicade for just over a year. So far I haven't

had any severe flareups of NS and my energy level is much better than

before. HOWEVER, I did get a very serious double pneumonia in August

which was probably due to the Remicade. They stopped the infusions for

a few months until my immune system improved then I began again. So

far, no more problems with infections. My NS is trying to flare and I

am slowing down the prednisone taper. It's such a balancing act!

-