RemedySpot.com

Parotid Lump

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have developed a lump in my right parotid gland near my ear recently.

Has anyone else ever had this?

After 4 years of having a chest xray suggestive of sarcoidosis I still do not have a diagnosis. I have a similar disease that has been treated with prednisone and MTX. I am wondering if I should have the lump biopsied? How much does the biopsy hurt?

JanePlanning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

Guest guest

I have developed a lump in my right parotid gland near my ear recently.

Has anyone else ever had this?

After 4 years of having a chest xray suggestive of sarcoidosis I still do not have a diagnosis. I have a similar disease that has been treated with prednisone and MTX. I am wondering if I should have the lump biopsied? How much does the biopsy hurt?

Guest guest

>

> I have developed a lump in my right parotid gland near my ear

recently.

> Has anyone else ever had this?

> After 4 years of having a chest xray suggestive of sarcoidosis I

still do

> not have a diagnosis. I have a similar disease that has been treated

with

> prednisone and MTX. I am wondering if I should have the lump biopsied?

How much

> does the biopsy hurt?

>

> Jane

>

>

>

> **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel

Guides.

>

(http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000\

016)

>

Guest guest

>

> I have developed a lump in my right parotid gland near my ear

recently.

> Has anyone else ever had this?

> After 4 years of having a chest xray suggestive of sarcoidosis I

still do

> not have a diagnosis. I have a similar disease that has been treated

with

> prednisone and MTX. I am wondering if I should have the lump biopsied?

How much

> does the biopsy hurt?

>

> Jane

>

>

>

> **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel

Guides.

>

(http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000\

016)

>

Guest guest

Shauna,

Yes I was sick for 3 months and coughing up green secretions. I also had a sinus infection. Then I had a rash from head to toe so I upped my pred when it spread to my face and everywhere else and itched like crazy.. When I upped the pred the lump quit being painful and seemed to be somewhat smaller. I lost 18 pounds and was a little worried the lump might be malignant. How do you lose 18 pounds when you have been on pred for 13 years? Not that I'm complaining. I missed church 6 weeks in a row and one day my husband asked me if I was going to die. I ended up on augmentin. The rash started before the antibiotics though.

I was supposed to see a Derm about the rash and an ENT about the lump but since both are improved I may not.

The new GP I went to thought my chest xray sounded like sarc. My rheum just overlooks it and says it is Valley Fever or coccidiomycosis.

Guest guest

Shauna,

Yes I was sick for 3 months and coughing up green secretions. I also had a sinus infection. Then I had a rash from head to toe so I upped my pred when it spread to my face and everywhere else and itched like crazy.. When I upped the pred the lump quit being painful and seemed to be somewhat smaller. I lost 18 pounds and was a little worried the lump might be malignant. How do you lose 18 pounds when you have been on pred for 13 years? Not that I'm complaining. I missed church 6 weeks in a row and one day my husband asked me if I was going to die. I ended up on augmentin. The rash started before the antibiotics though.

I was supposed to see a Derm about the rash and an ENT about the lump but since both are improved I may not.

The new GP I went to thought my chest xray sounded like sarc. My rheum just overlooks it and says it is Valley Fever or coccidiomycosis.

Guest guest

Hi Jane, I have had some lumps near my ear as well. I don't know what they are called though. I never was really treated for it because I know mine had something to do with my sinus drainage. The side of my face was really swollen just near the ear and I was uncomfortable to lie on. It has done this twice right after my sinuses started acting up. It usually goes down with the prednisone though. Have u had any colds, is it a little hard to hear out of? I does sound like some sarcoidosis problems. But I am not the doctor. Hope this helps some. Shauna

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Hi Jane, I have had some lumps near my ear as well. I don't know what they are called though. I never was really treated for it because I know mine had something to do with my sinus drainage. The side of my face was really swollen just near the ear and I was uncomfortable to lie on. It has done this twice right after my sinuses started acting up. It usually goes down with the prednisone though. Have u had any colds, is it a little hard to hear out of? I does sound like some sarcoidosis problems. But I am not the doctor. Hope this helps some. Shauna

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Hi Jane, I am glad that the rash and lump started to improve. It usually does go down with the Pednisone if that is what it was Sinus. I have it really bad each year when the climate changes. I lost some of the weight that I gain just by stopping the Pred when I was better and symptoms improve per my doctor. I have been on the Pred for a while for this time due to lung symptoms (inflammation, eye problems, etc. ) I have a purple reddish rash on my shins and ankles from time to time it flares up and the Pred seems to help all of my symptom including the fat one( that is a joke) Just meaning it helps me put on weight quickly. I think it is a lot of fluid because I just feel bloated and look it too. I do eat a little more but as I said I usually goes away after prednisone is stopped. People did think that I was going to die when it first started.

I could remember anything and had the headache to extremes, no energy and eye symptoms. But once I found the right doctor he had been able to help manage symptoms before they get too far and that has made a difference. I am able to function for myself for the most part but I do have some limits that other people might not understand. But that is ok as long as I am able to enjoy some of the good things. I don't work any longer which has been a blessing so that I can keep the little energy that I do have and not have too much stress. I always seems to have more symptoms when I am under a lot of stress. Anyway take care and I hope that you feel better and that the medicine you are taking will continue to help. Shauna in Atl. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Jane, I am glad that the rash and lump started to improve. It usually does go down with the Pednisone if that is what it was Sinus. I have it really bad each year when the climate changes. I lost some of the weight that I gain just by stopping the Pred when I was better and symptoms improve per my doctor. I have been on the Pred for a while for this time due to lung symptoms (inflammation, eye problems, etc. ) I have a purple reddish rash on my shins and ankles from time to time it flares up and the Pred seems to help all of my symptom including the fat one( that is a joke) Just meaning it helps me put on weight quickly. I think it is a lot of fluid because I just feel bloated and look it too. I do eat a little more but as I said I usually goes away after prednisone is stopped. People did think that I was going to die when it first started.

I could remember anything and had the headache to extremes, no energy and eye symptoms. But once I found the right doctor he had been able to help manage symptoms before they get too far and that has made a difference. I am able to function for myself for the most part but I do have some limits that other people might not understand. But that is ok as long as I am able to enjoy some of the good things. I don't work any longer which has been a blessing so that I can keep the little energy that I do have and not have too much stress. I always seems to have more symptoms when I am under a lot of stress. Anyway take care and I hope that you feel better and that the medicine you are taking will continue to help. Shauna in Atl. __________________________________________________