diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways

you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking

for, some control in our lives.

I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the

strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just

seems so overwhelming.

and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought

of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I

may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level.

I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western

medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my

alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches.

I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with

serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do -

-is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do

acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we

not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision

as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our

loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that.

Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make

ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately

give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes.

Whatever it takes.

That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing

else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers.

Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be

wonderful if the first reaction would be-- " ok love, I know that

you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in

this decision. " Man how I would love to hear that.

Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn

out. For today, that is okay.

Tomorrow we start a new day.

Love to all,

Tracie

Guest guest

Here is another blast from the past. The topic was " making a

decision. "

I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your

diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways

you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking

for, some control in our lives.

I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the

strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just

seems so overwhelming.

and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought

of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I

may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level.

medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my

alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches.

I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with

serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do -

-is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do

acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we

not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision

as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our

loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that.

Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make

ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately

give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes.

Whatever it takes.

That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing

else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers.

Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be

wonderful if the first reaction would be-- " ok love, I know that

you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in

this decision. " Man how I would love to hear that.

Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn

out. For today, that is okay.

Tomorrow we start a new day.

Love to all,

Tracie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Tracie, Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? Thanks CathyTracie wrote: Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen

for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do

whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Tracie, Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? Thanks CathyTracie wrote: Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen

for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do

whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie

Guest guest

Cathy,

I have the book, and I know my DC who's secondary specialty is nutrition also has read it. Some of it makes sense, but I know that I had a hard time on the diet.

For me, the best approach so far as been from the Schwarzbein Project-- a simple diet that eliminates refined sugars and gluten. She emphasizes whole raw foods-- back to basics-- and that has helped bring down some of the inflammation.

I believe whole heartedly that diet plays a huge part in illness, so by getting rid of the sugar rush stuff- is only a small step in the right direction.

Do use caution and make changes one at a time, that way you can see what is working, and what isn't.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Re: Making a decision

Tracie,

Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said

something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love,

I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie

Guest guest

Cathy,

I have the book, and I know my DC who's secondary specialty is nutrition also has read it. Some of it makes sense, but I know that I had a hard time on the diet.

For me, the best approach so far as been from the Schwarzbein Project-- a simple diet that eliminates refined sugars and gluten. She emphasizes whole raw foods-- back to basics-- and that has helped bring down some of the inflammation.

I believe whole heartedly that diet plays a huge part in illness, so by getting rid of the sugar rush stuff- is only a small step in the right direction.

Do use caution and make changes one at a time, that way you can see what is working, and what isn't.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Tracie,

Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said

something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love,

I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie

Guest guest

Well it's obvious that my brain is not working well again, but what does DC mean, Chocolate doesn't have refined sugar in it, right :) Marla

Cathy,

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Tracie,

Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book " eat right for your type " and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

Here is another blast from the past. The topic was " making a decision. " I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways

you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just

seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level.

I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said

something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we

not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make

ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing

else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- " ok love,

I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision. " Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn

out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Well it's obvious that my brain is not working well again, but what does DC mean, Chocolate doesn't have refined sugar in it, right :) Marla

Cathy,

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Tracie,

Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book " eat right for your type " and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

Here is another blast from the past. The topic was " making a decision. " I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways

you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just

seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level.

I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said

something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we

not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make

ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing

else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- " ok love,

I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision. " Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

DC is chiropractor

Chocolate is part of the brown food group-- and it makes up the base or top level of the food pyrimiad--- you know, the big part!

Tracie,

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

DC is chiropractor

Chocolate is part of the brown food group-- and it makes up the base or top level of the food pyrimiad--- you know, the big part!

Tracie,

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Well I am sure happy to hear that, how dumb of me not to figure out chiropractor, but I am having a lot of trouble with saying words properly, it comes out but I can't pronounce it. How are you doing now? when I saw the Rheumatologist he said he's treated Sarcoid with Remicade before and had good results, I forgot to ask if he still had some sarcoid patients would be nice to meet them. Here I am in the wait game again, I was talking to the Rhuemy about using Humeria while we wait on Remicade, he said we could but then would have to wait a couple weeks before starting the Remicade, I just don't know, I am sick and tired of this waiting game. I am feeling the fatigue again, sleeping more. We are going to a healing service again tonight, and the last time I went it was wonderful and I was filled with energy for a long time, hope that works again, would be nice if the Holy Spirit would heal all of me, but I will settle for the energy boost. I hope this finds you feeling better since your treatment. blessings, Marl a

DC is chiropractor

Tracie,

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay

mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Well I am sure happy to hear that, how dumb of me not to figure out chiropractor, but I am having a lot of trouble with saying words properly, it comes out but I can't pronounce it. How are you doing now? when I saw the Rheumatologist he said he's treated Sarcoid with Remicade before and had good results, I forgot to ask if he still had some sarcoid patients would be nice to meet them. Here I am in the wait game again, I was talking to the Rhuemy about using Humeria while we wait on Remicade, he said we could but then would have to wait a couple weeks before starting the Remicade, I just don't know, I am sick and tired of this waiting game. I am feeling the fatigue again, sleeping more. We are going to a healing service again tonight, and the last time I went it was wonderful and I was filled with energy for a long time, hope that works again, would be nice if the Holy Spirit would heal all of me, but I will settle for the energy boost. I hope this finds you feeling better since your treatment. blessings, Marl a

DC is chiropractor

Tracie,

Thanks

CathyTracie wrote:

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay

mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Tracie, Thanks for the info. Seems like everywhere I turn someone tells me to eliminate refined sugars and gluten. Guess I'm slow to catch on. Guess I will start there. Have to study to find out how to know what gluten is and how to know what it is in. I know it has to do with wheat, but that's all I know. OK, while I have you, may I ask another question. I stopped the prednisone because my body could not take one more day. I thought IT was going to kill me. I felt horrible on it. My doctor agreed, so I am off of it. I started on Plaquenil 200mg twice a day. At first that seemed to decrease the pain a lot. After a month or so I started having more pain again and it didn't seem like the plaquenil helped any other symptoms. In fact it seems like they are continuing to get worse. I use a cane almost all the time now. My fatigue is worse (which I didn't think was possible) and now I am having trouble with my speech. It is showing up in 2 2ways.

One-I can be right in the middle of a sentence and I just stop--like someone pushed pause on a tape. My mind is blank and I just stop. The other thing is sometimes when I talk, its like expressive aphasia. I know what I want to say, but some sloppy mess of sounds comes out or half of one word with half of the next. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times before the right word comes out. Oh yeah, after the pain went up, they increased the plaquenil to 200 mg three times a day. That was about 3 weeks ago and I don't see any improvement. I am scared because it seems like it is still getting worse quickly and the medicine isn't helping. I saw a new doctor the other day. He is a neuro-oncologist. He is suggesting Thalidomide. He wrote papers on its use in sarc I guess. Tues I see a new pulm specialist in sarc. (I can't take the ride to Cleveland any more to see the specialists there--it's 2 1/2 hrs one way, so I am trying to find specialists here who know about

sarc) Anyway I have heard this guy likes Methotrexate. I don't know what to do. My husband and I are worried. If I deteriorate as much in the next year as I have this year, there won't be much left of me,if anything at all. Cathytracie feldhaus wrote: Cathy, I have the book, and I know my DC who's secondary specialty is nutrition also has read it. Some of it makes sense, but I know that I

had a hard time on the diet. For me, the best approach so far as been from the Schwarzbein Project-- a simple diet that eliminates refined sugars and gluten. She emphasizes whole raw foods-- back to basics-- and that has helped bring down some of the inflammation. I believe whole heartedly that diet plays a huge part in illness, so by getting rid of the sugar rush stuff- is only a small step in the right direction. Do use caution and make changes one at a time, that way you can see what is working, and what isn't. Sincerely, Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator Re: Making a decision Tracie, Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? Thanks CathyTracie <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote: Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western

medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay

for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Cathy, your symptoms are only too familiar to me, I have much of the same, I feel like I am stuttering trying to get out the right word, It's do hard, about 4 years ago I started Methotrexate and it worked great for me, until this last flare which I've been dealing with now for months, I know what you mean about driving to see specialist that wore me out too, and I beg my doctor to just treat me, and he did, now he wants me on Remicade, and for whatever reason God has us waiting on this one, I trust in his ways, But I do try to hurry things along when ever I can. I pray we can get help from the drug company. Even if the Insurance gives it to us, our portion will still be in the thousands to pay, so I really pray for the drug company to help. and I will keep you in my prayers too. Blessings, Marl a

Tracie, Thanks for the info. Seems like everywhere I turn someone tells me to eliminate refined sugars and gluten. Guess I'm slow to catch on. Guess I will start there. Have to study to find out how to know what gluten is and how to know what it is in. I know it has to do with wheat, but that's all I know.

OK, while I have you, may I ask another question. I stopped the prednisone because my body could not take one more day. I thought IT was going to kill me. I felt horrible on it. My doctor agreed, so I am off of it. I started on Plaquenil 200mg twice a day. At first that seemed to decrease the pain a lot. After a month or so I started having more pain again and it didn't seem like the plaquenil helped any other symptoms. In fact it seems like they are continuing to get worse. I use a cane almost all the time now. My fatigue is worse (which I didn't think was possible) and now I am having trouble with my speech. It is showing up in 2 2ways.

One-I can be right in the middle of a sentence and I just stop--like someone pushed pause on a tape. My mind is blank and I just stop. The other thing is sometimes when I talk, its like expressive aphasia. I know what I want to say, but some sloppy mess of sounds comes out or half of one word with half of the next. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times before the right word comes out. Oh yeah, after the pain went up, they increased the plaquenil to 200 mg three times a day. That was about 3 weeks ago and I don't see any improvement.

I am scared because it seems like it is still getting worse quickly and the medicine isn't helping. I saw a new doctor the other day. He is a neuro-oncologist. He is suggesting Thalidomide. He wrote papers on its use in sarc I guess. Tues I see a new pulm specialist in sarc. (I can't take the ride to Cleveland any more to see the specialists there--it's 2 1/2 hrs one way, so I am trying to find specialists here who know about

sarc) Anyway I have heard this guy likes Methotrexate. I don't know what to do. My husband and I are worried. If I deteriorate as much in the next year as I have this year, there won't be much left of me,if anything at all.

Cathytracie feldhaus wrote:

Cathy, I have the book, and I know my DC who's secondary specialty is nutrition also has read it. Some of it makes sense, but I know that I

had a hard time on the diet. For me, the best approach so far as been from the Schwarzbein Project-- a simple diet that eliminates refined sugars and gluten. She emphasizes whole raw foods-- back to basics-- and that has helped bring down some of the inflammation.

I believe whole heartedly that diet plays a huge part in illness, so by getting rid of the sugar rush stuff- is only a small step in the right direction. Do use caution and make changes one at a time, that way you can see what is working, and what isn't.

Sincerely, Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator

Re: Making a decision Tracie,

Thanks CathyTracie wrote:

medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with

serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision

as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately

give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay

for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- " ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in

this decision. " Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,

Tracie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Cathy,

I can totally relate. I was having horrible problems with the aphasia myself a couple of years ago. One thing I noticed was when I got off the Ambien, which was marvelous for sleep, but hell on the short-term memory and cognition-- I had been using it nightly for almost a year-- that seemed to clear up some of the brain farts. Like you, I'd be having a normal conversation, and then have no idea of what I was saying, what the conversation had been about, or even where I'd parked my car. Or why I was at the grocery store. This was during a time of extreme fatigue and flare, and the local docs were insisting that I go on prednisone again.

I get the prednisone mania, the hyperactivity- but no forward motion. It is the only time in my life I've ever hit my husband was on high dose steroids-- I become extremely agressive and my language goes to hell. I could hold my own with the lowlifes of society.... Not pretty..

I even look back over some of the old posts here and can tell what meds I was on--

As for the increase in the Plaquenil. What has been proven is that 15mg of Plaquenil is all that you need for sarc. More than that does not lead to a better response, and the chances of Plaquenil toxicity increase. Be sure to get a baseline study of your eyes, retinal (fundus) photos-- so that if you start getting blurry vision, they get you off it before it screws up your vision. On thing on that, once they take you off the Plaquenil, your vision will improve once you're out of the toxic zone.

Methotrexate is a good supplement to add to the Plaquenil. I know that when I started it, and it does take a couple of months to really kick in, both my mind and cognition improved with the Plaquenil/Methotrexate combo. Make sure you add Folic Acid to your daily regime, so that the liver problems and anemias are avoided.

Thalidomide has and still is used for sarc, but it doesn't have as good a track record on NS or systemic sarc. It does seem to help with pulmonary sarcoidosis. Who are you seeing in Cleveland?

Imuran or Arava may help, and they don't have the side effects that Thalidomide have. If you are considering having more kids, stay away from Thalidomide. That is the drug they gave our parents (back in the 1950's and 60's) that caused many kids to be born with a hand or part of an arm missing, etc. They used it to prevent miscarriages. It's track record for being the cause of birth defects almost got it banned entirely.

I know a couple of our members have used Thalidomide, but can't off the top of my head remember who, and right now, what the side effects were. I do remember they didn't last long on it. So that is why I've not done alot of research on it. I wish Shar were able to post-- she'd have info on that.

How are your blood sugars? How is your thyroid? Both these can get screwed up with the prednisone, and both can cause alot of the brain fog. B vitamin defiency does also.

I know it's hard when we see ourself changing and getting weaker. It's so very scary. Do not give up hope. There is a combination of meds that will help you, and it is an ongoing adventure to find the right combination. What has to happen is that your MD needs to introduce one medication at a time, give it time to work, and if it doesn't, then it's try another. If they were to add more than one at a time-- and you had a reaction, you'd be trying to figure out what the reaction was caused by-- and that slows the process even more.

I will say this, 5 years ago, I was to a point of the canes and chairs and such-- and have been given this last 5 yrs with relative good health until just recently- so it was progress! It took 3 years to figure out what combo was going to work for me, and once we did-- I regained alot of what I'd lost. Now I"m working on fine-tuning alot of small issues, including my diet, and rebalancing all my hormones. The fatigue issue is one of the biggest, and learning to call it quits when my body says stop-- that is the biggest challenge still.

One day at a time (odaat)

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Tracie,

Thanks

CathyTracie <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote:

Guest guest

Hi Marla, How was the healing service? My kids want me to go to the revival going on in Fla. My son was miraculously healed after 3 1/2 years of battling a disesase that litterally everyone else died of , so we definitely believe in miracles. He got worse and worse for 31/2 years until one night he was in ICU and they said they had nothing else to offer him but CPR. We said if God was calling him home, we were going to let him go, and so we took him home "to die" and God healed him. That was 10 years ago. He is still 100% healthy! Without seeing all of his scars, most people don't believe us he was ever sick. Don't give up. God does do miracles and heal today!! I am having trouble saying words too. Sometimes they come out with the words mixed up-like part of one word and part of the next. Sometimes they sound like nothing familiar. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times before i can say it right. Sometimes I can't and quit because they

know what I am trying to say. Another new thing is I have a horrible time remembering what month or year it is?! Can you believe that!! What the heck? Does anyone have trouble with this? Any suggestions? CathyMarla Bramer wrote: Well I am sure happy to hear that, how dumb of me not to figure out chiropractor, but I am having a lot of trouble with saying words properly, it comes out but I can't pronounce it. How are you doing now? when I saw the Rheumatologist he said he's treated

Sarcoid with Remicade before and had good results, I forgot to ask if he still had some sarcoid patients would be nice to meet them. Here I am in the wait game again, I was talking to the Rhuemy about using Humeria while we wait on Remicade, he said we could but then would have to wait a couple weeks before starting the Remicade, I just don't know, I am sick and tired of this waiting game. I am feeling the fatigue again, sleeping more. We are going to a healing service again tonight, and the last time I went it was wonderful and I was filled with energy for a long time, hope that works again, would be nice if the Holy Spirit would heal all of me, but I will settle for the energy boost. I hope this finds you feeling better since your treatment. blessings, Marl a On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:54 AM, tracie feldhaus <tiodaat2001 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: DC is chiropractor Chocolate is part of the brown food group-- and it makes up the base or top level of the food pyrimiad--- you know, the big part! Re: Making a decision Tracie, Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or

tried it? Thanks CathyTracie <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote: Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared

wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have

done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay.com/mbramer -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Thanks! Hve a wonderful time on your cruise! what a blessing that is! Did Methotrexate make your hair fall out? He told me it does in some people.Marla Bramer wrote: Cathy, your symptoms are only too familiar to me, I have much of the same, I feel like I am stuttering trying to get out the right word, It's do hard, about 4 years ago I started Methotrexate and it worked great for me, until this last flare which I've been dealing with now for months, I know what you mean about driving to

see specialist that wore me out too, and I beg my doctor to just treat me, and he did, now he wants me on Remicade, and for whatever reason God has us waiting on this one, I trust in his ways, But I do try to hurry things along when ever I can. I pray we can get help from the drug company. Even if the Insurance gives it to us, our portion will still be in the thousands to pay, so I really pray for the drug company to help. and I will keep you in my prayers too. Blessings, Marl a On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Cathy Borden <csamom3 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Tracie, Thanks for the info. Seems like everywhere I turn someone tells me to eliminate refined sugars and gluten. Guess I'm slow to

catch on. Guess I will start there. Have to study to find out how to know what gluten is and how to know what it is in. I know it has to do with wheat, but that's all I know. OK, while I have you, may I ask another question. I stopped the prednisone because my body could not take one more day. I thought IT was going to kill me. I felt horrible on it. My doctor agreed, so I am off of it. I started on Plaquenil 200mg twice a day. At first that seemed to decrease the pain a lot. After a month or so I started having more pain again and it didn't seem like the plaquenil helped any other symptoms. In fact it seems like they are continuing to get worse. I use a cane almost all the time now. My fatigue is worse (which I didn't think was possible) and now I am having trouble with my speech. It is showing up in 2 2ways. One-I can be right in the middle of a sentence and I just stop--like someone pushed pause on a tape. My mind is blank and I just stop. The other thing

is sometimes when I talk, its like expressive aphasia. I know what I want to say, but some sloppy mess of sounds comes out or half of one word with half of the next. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times before the right word comes out. Oh yeah, after the pain went up, they increased the plaquenil to 200 mg three times a day. That was about 3 weeks ago and I don't see any improvement. I am scared because it seems like it is still getting worse quickly and the medicine isn't helping. I saw a new doctor the other day. He is a neuro-oncologist. He is suggesting Thalidomide. He wrote papers on its use in sarc I guess. Tues I see a new pulm specialist in sarc. (I can't take the ride to Cleveland any more to see the specialists there--it's 2 1/2 hrs one way, so I am trying to find specialists here who know about sarc) Anyway I have heard this guy likes Methotrexate. I don't know what to do. My husband and I are worried. If I deteriorate as much in the next year

as I have this year, there won't be much left of me,if anything at all. Cathytracie feldhaus <tiodaat2001 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Cathy, I have the book, and I know my DC who's secondary specialty is nutrition also has read it. Some of it makes sense, but I know that I had a hard time on the diet. For me, the best approach so far as been from the Schwarzbein Project-- a simple diet that eliminates refined sugars and gluten. She emphasizes whole raw foods-- back to basics-- and that has helped bring down some of the inflammation. I believe whole heartedly that diet plays a huge part in illness, so by getting rid of the sugar rush stuff- is only a small step in

the right direction. Do use caution and make changes one at a time, that way you can see what is working, and what isn't. Sincerely, Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator Re: Making a decision Tracie, Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend

of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? Thanks CathyTracie <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote: Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud

and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a

change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that.

Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Tracie, Thanks for all the info. I wonder if the aphasia is from one of the meds. I take Synthroid (which I have been on for 12 years), Hydrochlorothiazide (for swelling caused by prednisone), Baclofen (for stiff muscles), Plaquenil, Cymbalta, Ferrex (iron for anemia --I have taken for 10 or 15 years), Lyrica. Plus Calcium (my level is low), MSM, Vit D (my level was low), Multivitamin, Vit B12 (doctor said might help with peripheral neuropathy pain), Milk Thistle, Carnitine (my level was low) and Copper (my level was low). My hypothyroid started when my youngest son was born 12 years ago and has been solid as a rock on the same dose until last year (PREDNISONE!!!!) and then it went crazy. My levels went up and down and dose changed many times. Seems to have stablized now that I am off pred. but i am on a higher dose than I ever took. I hate prednisone! I am going to go back down on the

Plaquenil because I don't see any improvement with a higher dose and I don't want more eye trouble. For the past year my vision has worsened. I was checked a couple times and the opth. said he saw no sign of sarc. Did methotr. make your hair fall out? He told me it does in some people. He said he wants me to try oral first. I told him you said the inj. is better for your liver. He said yes, but try the oral first He is going to check a bunch of labs every month. The one ordering the methotrexate is the new pulm (Dr Crowser) I saw at OSU in Columbus. I was seeing Dr. Culver (pulm) and Dr Kunzler (neuro) at Cleveland Clinic, but I can't take the drive any more. It's 2 1/2 hrs one way. The new neurologist and pulm at OSU seem really good, seem to really understand sarc and very eager to treat me and work with me. I am ever so thankful. OK, so I have a few more questions. Thanks for

being so willing to answer! Everyone wishes each other a pain free day. Does that happen? Do you guys really have pain free days? I don't come close. I am wondering if my meds need adjusted if you guys have accomplished pain free days. Next question. Everyone talks about flare ups. For me, neuro symptoms started being really bad for the first time in 4/07 and have continued to get worse since then-dispite prednisone for almost a year and plaquenil. The new doctor says I need stronger meds - that's why he's putting me on Meth. and says he will start at a low dose and keep going up as long as my labs stay good until we have success. He said if Meth. doesn't work for me that he will then try something stronger. So anyway, back to my question. I haven't gotten better or had a good spell at all since it started over a year ago. Is a flare up worse than this or once I find the mix that works for me I will get better and a flare up will be like what I have gone

through for the last year? Does that make sense? My blood sugars are fine thank God. Yes, it sure is hard to stop when my body says to. I was a really active, busy, nothing can stop me person. Now I am thankful when I can stay awake and functioning in basic things from morning til night. It sucks! I am encouraged that you say you got some of your function back. This doctor said I should. I didn't know if it was true. I know it is if I hear it from you guys. I am having a hard time even using my walker because now my arms are as weak and hurt as much as my legs so my arms give out quickly too. Yesterday we went to the doctor and I went from the handicapped parking place to the front door and my arms and legs were done. I had to sit down on the seat of my walker and my husband pushed me. I am scared about how much more function I might lose before I find the right comb. Right now I am so weak that sometimes my husband has to help

me wash my hair. Isn't that rediculous? I hate it. I much prefer being the caregiver than the one who needs care. I am not accepting this role well, which is stupid because then I do too much and end up sicker. UGH!! Thanks so much for your support everyone! Wouldn't make it through this without you! Cathytracie feldhaus wrote: Cathy, I can totally relate. I was having

horrible problems with the aphasia myself a couple of years ago. One thing I noticed was when I got off the Ambien, which was marvelous for sleep, but hell on the short-term memory and cognition-- I had been using it nightly for almost a year-- that seemed to clear up some of the brain farts. Like you, I'd be having a normal conversation, and then have no idea of what I was saying, what the conversation had been about, or even where I'd parked my car. Or why I was at the grocery store. This was during a time of extreme fatigue and flare, and the local docs were insisting that I go on prednisone again. I get the prednisone mania, the hyperactivity- but no forward motion. It is the only time in my life I've ever hit my husband was on high dose steroids-- I become extremely agressive and my language goes to hell. I could hold my own with the lowlifes of society.... Not pretty.. I even look back over some of the old

posts here and can tell what meds I was on-- As for the increase in the Plaquenil. What has been proven is that 15mg of Plaquenil is all that you need for sarc. More than that does not lead to a better response, and the chances of Plaquenil toxicity increase. Be sure to get a baseline study of your eyes, retinal (fundus) photos-- so that if you start getting blurry vision, they get you off it before it screws up your vision. On thing on that, once they take you off the Plaquenil, your vision will improve once you're out of the toxic zone. Methotrexate is a good supplement to add to the Plaquenil. I know that when I started it, and it does take a couple of months to really kick in, both my mind and cognition improved with the Plaquenil/Methotrexate combo. Make sure you add Folic Acid to your daily regime, so that the liver problems and anemias are avoided. Thalidomide has and still is used for

sarc, but it doesn't have as good a track record on NS or systemic sarc. It does seem to help with pulmonary sarcoidosis. Who are you seeing in Cleveland? Imuran or Arava may help, and they don't have the side effects that Thalidomide have. If you are considering having more kids, stay away from Thalidomide. That is the drug they gave our parents (back in the 1950's and 60's) that caused many kids to be born with a hand or part of an arm missing, etc. They used it to prevent miscarriages. It's track record for being the cause of birth defects almost got it banned entirely. I know a couple of our members have used Thalidomide, but can't off the top of my head remember who, and right now, what the side effects were. I do remember they didn't last long on it. So that is why I've not done alot of research on it. I wish Shar were able to post-- she'd have info on that. How

are your blood sugars? How is your thyroid? Both these can get screwed up with the prednisone, and both can cause alot of the brain fog. B vitamin defiency does also. I know it's hard when we see ourself changing and getting weaker. It's so very scary. Do not give up hope. There is a combination of meds that will help you, and it is an ongoing adventure to find the right combination. What has to happen is that your MD needs to introduce one medication at a time, give it time to work, and if it doesn't, then it's try another. If they were to add more than one at a time-- and you had a reaction, you'd be trying to figure out what the reaction was caused by-- and that slows the process even more. I will say this, 5 years ago, I was to a point of the canes and chairs and such-- and have been given this last 5 yrs with relative good health until just recently- so it was progress!

It took 3 years to figure out what combo was going to work for me, and once we did-- I regained alot of what I'd lost. Now I"m working on fine-tuning alot of small issues, including my diet, and rebalancing all my hormones. The fatigue issue is one of the biggest, and learning to call it quits when my body says stop-- that is the biggest challenge still. One day at a time (odaat) Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator Re: Making a decision Tracie, Thanks for the email below. I wasn't here the first time it went around, but I do have a question for you guys along these lines. A friend of mine just recomended the book "eat right for your type" and it

suggests that if you eat the wrong foods for your blood type it causes cells in your body to stick together when they shouldn't (sounds familiar). It also says --like for me, I am B pos. and it says if I eat the wrong foods I am predisposed to autoimmune diseases and rare neurological diseases. I also have thought about using more natural remedies instead of such harsh chemicals. Has anyone had success with anything? I am going to try to follow the eating guidelines in the book, (they are really simple) and see if there's any change. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? Thanks CathyTracie <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote: Here is another blast from the past. The topic was "making a decision."I hear ya loud and clear. I love how you shared that with your diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, you have

answers and ways you can control these conditions. That's what all of us are asking for, some control in our lives.I also understand it when you say that today you don't have the strength to deal with all this. I am in th esame place. It all just seems so overwhelming. and i were talking earlier today, about how maybe the thought of healing on a physical level may never happen for me-- and how I may have to accept that the healing will be on a spirit(ual) level. I shared wiht him that I agonize over whether to allow my western medicine MD's to treat me with their prescriptions, or to allow my alternative praticioners to treat me with their approaches. I read in a book that said something to the effect of - People with serious chronic, life threatening illness do agonize over what to do --is it a change of diet, do we need supplements, do we do acupuncture, see the Osteopath or the psychic or

the . . .; or do we not treat and see what happens. Then finally, we make our decision as to how to take care of ourself, and as soon as we do-- we tell our loved ones and they say- have you considered this or this or that. Hell yes, we have considered them all. We don't want to make ourselves sicker to get better. But if that choice will ultimately give us some degree of health back, we will do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes.That's the hard part for our loved ones to get-- we have done nothing else but concentrate, educate, seek, pay for, pray for-- answers. Instead of being asked- have you considered XXXX wouldn't it be wonderful if the first reaction would be-- "ok love, I know that you've spent alot of time pondering what to do, I will support you in this decision." Man how I would love to hear that. Know that it is okay to be weak, tired, scared, sad, angry and worn out. For today, that is

okay.Tomorrow we start a new day.Love to all,Tracie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.