RemedySpot.com

Re: SSDI & Mediczare

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Kari, I know you can actually start filing at the 6 month mark here in CA. Not sure about the other states.

Do you have to qualify for SSDI to get Medicare early?

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Re: Remicade updatethanks , I know there is a reason for this yet another delay, so I am trying hard to what on his will not mine. thank you for the hugs and prayers, Marla

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Solberg <mary_s777 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Marla, Remember all things in His time. I'd call the company who makes Remicade and see what they tell you to do. There's got to be a doc out there who is in this for the patient and not the money. I will pray that God guides you to this person. Maybe this is just a step that God is doing to lead you to just the right person to give this to you. Keep the faith, girl. My prayers are with you. hugs

Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Well I didn't get the Remicade, we were told by our doctor, and my research that a dose would be between 1600-2300, so we were prepared to pay what we needed as Insurance still denied, well we got there, I told the nurse that we were self pay and she asked if I knew the medication was $16,000, for just the drug not the other $500 or so for the hospital, I even called our local pharmacist and he said there cost was $845 a vial, I would need 3, OK do the the math, that comes to 2535, a little more then we thought, but over $13000 more I don't think so, so the hospital is taking quite a profit on the drugs. Anyway, my doctor was blown out of the water too. I guess it might be possible to get this at a Rheumatalogist office in town?? so anyone paying that for Remicade please let me know. So here we are at the beginning again, well I fought for Methotrexate until I got it, so I guess I have to keep on

fighting. I wish you all a very blessed weekend. Marla -- 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV). ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Thanks Kari, I know you can actually start filing at the 6 month mark here in CA. Not sure about the other states.

Do you have to qualify for SSDI to get Medicare early?

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Re: Remicade updatethanks , I know there is a reason for this yet another delay, so I am trying hard to what on his will not mine. thank you for the hugs and prayers, Marla

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Solberg <mary_s777 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Marla, Remember all things in His time. I'd call the company who makes Remicade and see what they tell you to do. There's got to be a doc out there who is in this for the patient and not the money. I will pray that God guides you to this person. Maybe this is just a step that God is doing to lead you to just the right person to give this to you. Keep the faith, girl. My prayers are with you. hugs

Well I didn't get the Remicade, we were told by our doctor, and my research that a dose would be between 1600-2300, so we were prepared to pay what we needed as Insurance still denied, well we got there, I told the nurse that we were self pay and she asked if I knew the medication was $16,000, for just the drug not the other $500 or so for the hospital, I even called our local pharmacist and he said there cost was $845 a vial, I would need 3, OK do the the math, that comes to 2535, a little more then we thought, but over $13000 more I don't think so, so the hospital is taking quite a profit on the drugs. Anyway, my doctor was blown out of the water too. I guess it might be possible to get this at a Rheumatalogist office in town?? so anyone paying that for Remicade please let me know. So here we are at the beginning again, well I fought for Methotrexate until I got it, so I guess I have to keep on

fighting. I wish you all a very blessed weekend. Marla -- 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV). ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Yes, here in Georgia you do. The rules for Medicare differ from state to state. We are not a 209b state. I believe Virginia and Indiana are though. In Georgia, you qualify for Medicaid until Medicare kicks in at 2 years of SSDI.

Guest guest

Yes, here in Georgia you do. The rules for Medicare differ from state to state. We are not a 209b state. I believe Virginia and Indiana are though. In Georgia, you qualify for Medicaid until Medicare kicks in at 2 years of SSDI.