RemedySpot.com

Thalidomide

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tracie said: "If you are considering having more kids, stay away from Thalidomide. That is the drug they gave our parents (back in the 1950's and 60's) that caused many kids to be born with a hand or part of an arm missing, etc. They used it to prevent miscarriages. It's track record for being the cause of birth defects almost got it banned entirely."

Tracie, I don't intend this to sound picky, but Thalidomide was actually used as a sleeping aid & to treat morning sickness. DES was the one used to prevent miscarriage & caused a high rate of reproductive cancers in young adults surviving those pregnancies. I wanted to point this out, because Thalidomide would be more likely to cause drowsiness & interact with other meds due to its effect on brain chemistry.

I remain humble, as always, and bow to your superior (if imperfect) knowledge, O Great One.

Ramblin' Rose A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!

Guest guest

LOL! Thank you ol wise one! This is why we need you!!! Maybe I need the Thalidomide, I'm not sleeping and my days and nights are reversed. BTW, picky is accepted!

Humbly,

Tracie

PS. Did they take the DES off the market?

Thalidomide

Tracie said: "If you are considering having more kids, stay away from Thalidomide. That is the drug they gave our parents (back in the 1950's and 60's) that caused many kids to be born with a hand or part of an arm missing, etc. They used it to prevent miscarriages. It's track record for being the cause of birth defects almost got it banned entirely."Tracie, I don't intend this to sound picky, but Thalidomide was actually used as a sleeping aid & to treat morning sickness. DES was the one used to prevent miscarriage & caused a high rate of reproductive cancers in young adults surviving those pregnancies. I wanted to point this out, because Thalidomide would be more likely to cause drowsiness & interact with other meds due to its effect on brain chemistry. I remain humble, as always, and bow to your superior (if imperfect) knowledge, O Great One.

Ramblin' Rose A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!

Guest guest

Rose, Thanks! That reminds me he said it would cause bad fatigue. I told my husband if I am any more fatigued than I am now I would be comatose! What the heck! I am going to try not to have to take it. Thanks for your reminder1 CathyRose wrote: Tracie said: "If you are considering having more kids, stay away from Thalidomide. That is the drug they gave our parents (back in the 1950's and 60's) that caused many kids to be born with a hand or part of an

arm missing, etc. They used it to prevent miscarriages. It's track record for being the cause of birth defects almost got it banned entirely."Tracie, I don't intend this to sound picky, but Thalidomide was actually used as a sleeping aid & to treat morning sickness. DES was the one used to prevent miscarriage & caused a high rate of reproductive cancers in young adults surviving those pregnancies. I wanted to point this out, because Thalidomide would be more likely to cause drowsiness & interact with other meds due to its effect on brain chemistry. I remain humble, as always, and bow to your superior (if imperfect) knowledge, O Great One. Ramblin' Rose A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22 Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!