RemedySpot.com

Need Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> just wondering if any of you know what to do for bed sores. i've done

everything the drs. said to do and this is not getting better. it's the first

time we

have dealt with this. as with all new things i am scared to death about this.

any

advice?

> karen

Have you put tegasorb on them? If not, I'd ask for some. We put it on the sore

and then change it every three days. The main treatment really is prevention.

In the hospital, we turn people every two hours, day and night.

Where are the sores? On the coccyx? If so, put a pillow under one bottom

cheek and leave it there for two hours. Then take it out and put it on the other

for two hours. Keep them off the sore until it is healed. How deep is it? I

would get a wound nurse out to look at the sore immediately. An infected bed

sore can be deadly. If it is on the heels, etc, I would get some boots for the

feet

(from the doc). Special beds can be ordered that will turn people and which

are very soft and reduce pressure points. I would ask for a wound nurse

immediately. I am afraid that pedi's don't have a lot of experience with bed

sores but they are very serious.

Hello

In 's case, skin breakdown is ALWAYS a symptom of something

else going on, usually low protein levels. Has your son/daughter had

labs recently? We've also seen it when she was dehydrated or very

anemic. There are tons of skin products out there to relieve

pressure, heal areas, positioning devices, etc. but nothing will

help in the long run if the cause is not identified. PLEASE talk to

the doctor about running labs to check everything out.

take care

Heidi, 's Mom

> just wondering if any of you know what to do for bed sores. i've

done everything the drs. said to do and this is not getting better.

it's the first time we have dealt with this. as with all new things i

am scared to death about this. any advice?

> karen

heidi

yes we just had lab work done and everything came back ok. thats what i need help with finding out what is out there and what works best for some of you that go through this.

thanks karen

Re: need help

Hello In 's case, skin breakdown is ALWAYS a symptom of something else going on, usually low protein levels. Has your son/daughter had labs recently? We've also seen it when she was dehydrated or very anemic. There are tons of skin products out there to relieve pressure, heal areas, positioning devices, etc. but nothing will help in the long run if the cause is not identified. PLEASE talk to the doctor about running labs to check everything out. take careHeidi, 's Mom> just wondering if any of you know what to do for bed sores. i've done everything the drs. said to do and this is not getting better. it's the first time we have dealt with this. as with all new things i am scared to death about this. any advice?> karenPlease contact mito-owner with any problems or questions.

With bedsores, moist wound healing is best. High protein intake is needed to heal wounds.

Trying to stay off of area, getting an air mattress or egg crate for bed, or Roho pad for wheelchair. There are lots of wound clinics where physicians specialize in wound healing, maybe you should go to one of them. Also, a wound that hurts, or is infected heals slower.

Zinc oral consumption is good for wound healing. Also, if wound has black covering over it, it will not heal till black eschar is removed.

Janelle McGuire

Mom to 8 with mito and 11 with ADHD

Also, Home Care and Hospice Nurse, and Pain Nurse Consultant

-Hello

gets full thickness pressure sores on her butt bones, and

shearing on her heels and elbows. We use duoderm on her butt and

elbows and heelbos on her feet. If she has breakdown from loose

stools or tube drainage we use stomahesive powder and a thick layer

of zinc-based cream (like desitin), or ilex cream with A and D over

it. The ilex looks sort of like rubber cement and you put it on

thick and just wipe off the A and D after diaper changes. You might

want to talk about protein supplements (like promod or a high protein

supplement) as well as extra zinc and vitamin C. Frequent position

changes, dry clothes and frequent changes, and a pressure relief pad

in the wheelchair and bed help a lot.

How old is your child and where are the pressure sores? Can you tell

how they developed?

Good luck

Heidi, 's Mom

-- In Mito , " karen earlywine " <catwomank3@p...> wrote:

> heidi

> yes we just had lab work done and everything came back ok. thats

what i need help with finding out what is out there and what works

best for some of you that go through this.

> thanks karen

> Re: need help

>

>

>

>

> Hello

> In 's case, skin breakdown is ALWAYS a symptom of

something

> else going on, usually low protein levels. Has your son/daughter

had

> labs recently? We've also seen it when she was dehydrated or

very

> anemic. There are tons of skin products out there to relieve

> pressure, heal areas, positioning devices, etc. but nothing will

> help in the long run if the cause is not identified. PLEASE talk

to

> the doctor about running labs to check everything out.

> take care

> Heidi, 's Mom

>

>

>

> > just wondering if any of you know what to do for bed sores.

i've

> done everything the drs. said to do and this is not getting

better.

> it's the first time we have dealt with this. as with all new

things i

> am scared to death about this. any advice?

> > karen

>

>

>

>

>

> Please contact mito-owner with any problems or

questions.

>

>

>

thank you for your help.

karen

Re: need help

With bedsores, moist wound healing is best. High protein intake is needed to heal wounds.

Trying to stay off of area, getting an air mattress or egg crate for bed, or Roho pad for wheelchair. There are lots of wound clinics where physicians specialize in wound healing, maybe you should go to one of them. Also, a wound that hurts, or is infected heals slower.

Zinc oral consumption is good for wound healing. Also, if wound has black covering over it, it will not heal till black eschar is removed.

Janelle McGuire

Mom to 8 with mito and 11 with ADHD

Also, Home Care and Hospice Nurse, and Pain Nurse ConsultantPlease contact mito-owner with any problems or questions.

• 3 years later...

I need help.My hubby is yelling at me to clean house and I just don't feel like moving around.So

far this winter hehas had me shoveling the sidewalk, running the

snowblower and theworst of all, he has had me trying to dig out the van

after he got it stuck.We have a 4x4 truck and he finally

realized I could not dig out the van. This was Saturday. I started

carrying temperature and when I got up to get ready for church, I was

all in and my temp was 101.Why doesn't he understand I am not feeling well.He is now saying I am lazy and he is calling me all kinds of names. Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac@...

Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac@...I need help.My hubby is yelling at me to clean house and I just don't feel like moving around.So

all in and my temp was 101.Why doesn't he understand I am not feeling well.He is now saying I am lazy and he is calling me all kinds of names. Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac@...

Sharon, What's wrong with him that 'He' can't clean the house?! Why is it just a woman's job? If he wants it cleaned so bad he can do it or hire somebody to do it. I just go in my room, turn up some tv or music, lock the door and take a time from him moment. Can you spell 'unreasonable'?! I can't do any of that stuff. Don't kill yourself, girl. Tell him to call a friend or hire a neighborhood teenager. What a nob. hugs and take care S."Sharon L. Schuckman" wrote: I need help.My hubby is yelling at me to clean house and I just don't feel like moving around.So far this winter hehas had me shoveling the sidewalk, running the snowblower and theworst of all, he has had me trying to dig out the van after he got it stuck.We have a 4x4 truck and he finally realized I could not dig out the van. This was Saturday. I started carrying temperature and when I got up to get ready for church, I was all in and my temp was 101.Why doesn't he understand I am not feeling well.He is now saying I am lazy and he is calling me all kinds of names. Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac (AT) yahoo (DOT) com S. 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Now he is upset because my little disability check through him into a different tax bracket and he owes the fed taxes instead of getting money back. He says itis my fault and now I am being treated worse than a second class citizen.I am now being blamed for everything that is going wrong and he said I have brought this all on myself. Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac@... Re: Need Help

Sharon, What's wrong with him that 'He' can't clean the house?! Why is it just a woman's job? If he wants it cleaned so bad he can do it or hire somebody to do it. I just go in my room, turn up some tv or music, lock the door and take a time from him moment. Can you spell 'unreasonable'?! I can't do any of that stuff. Don't kill yourself, girl. Tell him to call a friend or hire a neighborhood teenager. What a nob. hugs and take care S.

Sharon.. U and your hubby, need to seek couseling.. Life can be tough sometimes and with being sick on top of it can be a disaster.. You know this..

How long have you guys been married? did he know you got a disability check when you got married? Did he know you couldn't shovel snow, when you got married? I don't think you've been married long, am I right?

You've never posted anything about this side of your husband..You've always been positive about him, you guys maybe just going through a rough patch.. and we can offer suggestions.. but we don't know him.. if you need shelter then find one there in the town you live in..

All couples have their fights and say things and do things they don't mean in anger..Step back, look at things for a bit and see if you and he can't come to some kind of understanding.

Re: Need HelpSharon, What's wrong with him that 'He' can't clean the house?! Why is it just a woman's job? If he wants it cleaned so bad he can do it or hire somebody to do it. I just go in my room, turn up some tv or music, lock the door and take a time from him moment. Can you spell 'unreasonable'?! I can't do any of that stuff. Don't kill yourself, girl. Tell him to call a friend or hire a neighborhood teenager. What a nob. hugs and take care S.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.7/1286 - Release Date: 2/18/2008 6:49 PM

there is no reason why you should allow some one to call you names. I dont think its appropriate in any situation. I would tel him to stop that its not right.... First there is name calling... then what... is it going to escalate to more then verbal abuse.... You dont need a therapist he does. (Or a 9mm bullet to the private parts ( joke) ) Hang in there..... If you cant do things then dont... I used to be a CLEAN FREAK!!! Like OCD CLEAN FREAK.... After I got sick things changed... It became harder to do simple tasks. Noe I have a new philosophy.... Is the world going to end if this doesnt get done right this minuet? probably not..... I hope that you get to feeling better! Kmosaicgirl1 wrote: Sharon,While my husband does not yell, I get this type of treatment. I go totherapy and talk to a therapist so I don't go postal on him. Let himcall you names - if you can't do it, don't do it.I will pray for you and think about going to someone who you can talkto.Terri G.>> I need help.>> My hubby is yelling at me to clean house and I just don't feel likemoving around.>> Sofar this winter hehas had me shoveling the sidewalk, runningthesnowblower and theworst of all, he has had me trying to dig out thevanafter he got

it stuck.>> We have a 4x4 truck and he finallyrealized I could not dig out thevan. This was Saturday. I startedcarrying temperature and when I got upto get ready for church, I wasall in and my temp was 101.>> Why doesn't he understand I am not feeling well.>> He is now saying I am lazy and he is calling me all kinds of names.>> Sharon L. Schuckman> sharupac@...>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear this, my husband did not get it for a very long time, I had to be really really sick before he got it, and I started taking him to my doctor visits so he could hear my limitations from the doctor, Do you have the book, But you look so good, that is a good basic book explaining how we still look " OK " but really we are sick, and shouldn't be doing those things.

another thing that helped my husband understand just what was going on with me was when one night he decided to sit down and read the posting here, where he could read about how sick we are, and how much sicker we could get, I did not ask him to do this he just did it on his own.

However with that said, my family is having a hard time adjusting to me using a cane, and needing a wheelchair for long activities, baby steps. a Neurologist once told my and my husband that having NS was like having MS and cancer with no cure!

hope some of this helps, I will keep you in my prayers, Marla

I need help.My hubby is yelling at me to clean house and I just don't feel like moving around.

So

all in and my temp was 101.Why doesn't he understand I am not feeling well.He is now saying I am lazy and he is calling me all kinds of names. Sharon L. Schuckman

sharupac@...

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

PS, we both went to counseling to handle our issues and it was very good for both of us. Marla

I need help.My hubby is yelling at me to clean house and I just don't feel like moving around.

So

all in and my temp was 101.Why doesn't he understand I am not feeling well.He is now saying I am lazy and he is calling me all kinds of names. Sharon L. Schuckman

sharupac@...

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Sharon, Isn't he supposed to be a Christian!!!???? Just speaking for myself..... but I'd call my pastor and tell him to intervene with some help. People often calm down when they have another person around. He certainly has let his guard down hasn't he....! He sounds really stressed out and you are the one taking the brunt of it and, Sharon, you are too sick to take this kind of abuse. NO ONE should have to take this verbal crap from anyone. If he can't control himself then you need to call for reinforcements. My prayers are with you. let us know what happens. hugs S."Sharon L. Schuckman" wrote: Now he is upset because my little disability check through him into a different tax bracket and he owes the fed taxes instead of getting money back. He says itis my fault and now I am being treated worse than a second class citizen.I am now being blamed for everything that is going wrong and he said I have brought this all on myself. Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac (AT) yahoo (DOT) com Re: Need Help Sharon, What's wrong with him that 'He' can't clean the house?! Why is it just a woman's job? If he wants it cleaned so bad he can do it or hire somebody to do it. I just go in my room, turn up some tv or music, lock the door and take a time from him moment. Can you spell

'unreasonable'?! I can't do any of that stuff. Don't kill yourself, girl. Tell him to call a friend or hire a neighborhood teenager. What a nob. hugs and take care S. S. 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Sharon,

Are you two going through some extra stress right now, I'm not making excuses for his behavior, to be upset over " too much money " that is not rational behavior so I wonder if there is another reason for this behavior, I agree it's wrong and suggest you find some counseling, and I will be praying for you, Marl a

I saw Dr. Phil today and he had a couple on where the husband thought the wife should weigh less, work more, etc.. Called her lots of names and had a list of all the things she didn;t do or did wrong. DR. Phil called this man an abuser and control freak. I know, I live with one myself who doesn' understand that we would prefer to not be this way. We are sick and in pain and it takes so much more for us to do just the normal things everyday than it used to. My husband also thinks that I'm lazy and faking it. He is in full denial and I have come to realize that the way he treats me is abuse. Sometimes, illness brings out the worst in people instead of the best. I have gone to marriage counseling by myself for a couple of years to finally get to this point of understanding.

I am still able to work and thank God I can. On top of that, I have 3 kids (older) but still at home, 2 dogs, a house, a yard and do most of the stuff around here. My husband thinks that I should do it all since I "only" work 4 days a week!! You don't have to prove anything to this man, Sharon. And if you can't shovel the walk, oh well. He'll have to do it. Do what you can but don't let anyone brow beat you into doing something that will compromise your health just to prove them wrong!! You might want to watch the Dr Phil episode. I bet it's on the internet> Bonnie BDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Bonnie, I saw that episode. I wasn't going to watch it but it was like watching a wreck. you know you shouldn't stare but he was horrendous, wasn't he...!??? Dr. Phil basically told her to leave him for her own sake and her kids. He was such an arrogant full of himself control freak. At least he offered them both counseling. But that guy....I think it was too late for him. hugs S.quiltenbe@... wrote: I saw Dr. Phil today and he had a couple on where the husband thought the wife should weigh less, work more, etc.. Called her lots of names and had a list of all the things she didn;t do or did wrong. DR. Phil called this man an abuser and control freak. I know, I live with one myself who doesn' understand that we would prefer to not be this way. We are sick and in pain and it takes so much more for us to do just the normal things everyday than it used to. My husband also thinks that I'm lazy and faking it. He is in full denial and I have come to realize that the way he treats me is abuse. Sometimes, illness brings out the worst in people instead of the best. I have gone to marriage counseling by myself for a couple of years to finally get to this point of understanding. I am still able to work and thank God I can. On top of that,

I have 3 kids (older) but still at home, 2 dogs, a house, a yard and do most of the stuff around here. My husband thinks that I should do it all since I "only" work 4 days a week!! You don't have to prove anything to this man, Sharon. And if you can't shovel the walk, oh well. He'll have to do it. Do what you can but don't let anyone brow beat you into doing something that will compromise your health just to prove them wrong!! You might want to watch the Dr Phil episode. I bet it's on the internet> Bonnie BDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living. S. 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.