RemedySpot.com

Re: throat sx

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm pretty sure I wrote to the mods a few days before surgery to let you guys know that they had found a lesion in my throat the size of a quarter, in December.. on December the 21st they removed it, it was benign, and wasn't sarcoid.. they don't have a clue what it was.. and this isn't the same hospital I've been going to.. Who knows what it was, however if it had remained It could and probably would have been cancerous..

I found the email to the mods, but it said you were going for surgery, and nothing about what kind of surgery. I am so glad thay were able to take care of the problem-- I imagine it was putting pressure on the thyroid--so that would give you some heart/hormone issues. Amazing how it all interconnects.

I apologize for not getting connected up with you before this-- it's been nuts. I've got a close friend that has developed such severe vertigo, and I've made several trips to Sacramento with him to see if Kaiser can figure out what's up. He's ended up without answers-- and is now having blackout spells.

Soon i do plan on getting on the phone and checking up on all you guys.

Hugs,

Tracie

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I'm going in for surgery on the 29th to remove a mass in my throat, actually in my thyroid glad, that they have determined is cancer. the mass has become so large that is causes ear aches, swallowing problems, and neck pain. I'm sorry to hear that they dont know what it was but glad that it was not cancerous. Hope you are recovering and doing welltiodaat@... wrote: In a message dated 1/14/2008 10:52:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, topdat (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net writes: I'm pretty sure I wrote to the mods a few days before surgery to let you guys know that they had found a lesion in my throat the size of a quarter, in December.. on December the 21st they removed it, it was benign, and wasn't sarcoid.. they don't have a clue what it was.. and this isn't the same hospital I've been going to.. Who knows what it was, however if it had remained It could and probably would have been cancerous.. I found the email to the mods, but it said you were going for surgery, and nothing about what kind of surgery. I am so glad thay were able to take care of the problem-- I imagine it was putting pressure on the thyroid--so that would give you some heart/hormone issues. Amazing how it all interconnects. I apologize for not getting connected up with you before this-- it's been nuts. I've got a close friend that has developed such severe vertigo, and I've made several trips to Sacramento with him to see if Kaiser can figure out what's up. He's ended up without answers-- and is now having blackout spells. Soon i do plan on getting on the phone and checking up on all you guys. Hugs, Tracie Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape in the new year.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Kendra,You will be in my prayers.Blessings,BeckyKendra H wrote: I'm going in for surgery on the 29th to remove a mass in my throat, actually in my thyroid glad, that they have determined is cancer. the mass has become so large that is causes ear aches, swallowing problems, and neck pain. I'm sorry to hear that they dont know what it was but glad that it was not cancerous. Hope you are recovering and doing welltiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote: In a message dated 1/14/2008 10:52:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, topdat (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net writes: I'm pretty sure I wrote to the mods a few days before surgery to let you guys know that they had found a lesion in my throat the size of a quarter, in December.. on December the 21st they removed it, it was benign, and wasn't sarcoid.. they don't have a clue what it was.. and this isn't the same hospital I've been going to.. Who knows what it was, however if it had remained It could and probably would have been cancerous.. I found the email to the mods, but it said you were going for surgery, and nothing about what kind of surgery. I am so glad thay were

able to take care of the problem-- I imagine it was putting pressure on the thyroid--so that would give you some heart/hormone issues. Amazing how it all interconnects. I apologize for not getting connected up with you before this-- it's been nuts. I've got a close friend that has developed such severe vertigo, and I've made several trips to Sacramento with him to see if Kaiser can figure out what's up. He's ended up without answers-- and is now having blackout spells. Soon i do plan on getting on the phone and checking up on all you guys. Hugs, Tracie Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Kendra, my prayers will also go out for you. It doesn't sound good and needs to be removed. You certainly have been through a lot. soft hugs S.Kendra H wrote: I'm going in for surgery on the 29th to remove a mass in my throat, actually in my thyroid glad, that they have determined is cancer. the mass has become so large that is causes ear aches, swallowing problems, and

neck pain. I'm sorry to hear that they dont know what it was but glad that it was not cancerous. Hope you are recovering and doing welltiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote: In a message dated 1/14/2008 10:52:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, topdat (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net writes: I'm pretty sure I wrote to the mods a few days before surgery to let you guys know that they had found a lesion in my throat the size of a quarter, in December.. on December the 21st they removed it, it was benign, and wasn't sarcoid.. they don't have a clue what it was.. and this isn't the same hospital I've been going to.. Who knows what it was, however if it had

remained It could and probably would have been cancerous.. I found the email to the mods, but it said you were going for surgery, and nothing about what kind of surgery. I am so glad thay were able to take care of the problem-- I imagine it was putting pressure on the thyroid--so that would give you some heart/hormone issues. Amazing how it all interconnects. I apologize for not getting connected up with you before this-- it's been nuts. I've got a close friend that has developed such severe vertigo, and I've made several trips to Sacramento with him to see if Kaiser can figure out what's up. He's ended up without answers-- and is now having blackout spells. Soon i do plan on getting on the phone and checking up on all you guys.

Hugs, Tracie Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

I'm going in for surgery on the 29th to remove a mass in my throat, actually in my thyroid glad, that they have determined is cancer. the mass has become so large that is causes ear aches, swallowing problems, and neck pain.

Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thirty-two years ago, I had my thyroid removed because of a goiter on it that was the size of a small grapefruit. It was sarcoidosis even then.

I felt so much better afterwards, my hormones leveled out, my heart wasn't racing, and I could sleep! I hadn't had that experience from the age of 12 to 18. So it was such an incredible relief.

Hang in there and know that things will get better.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderatorStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hey Kendra, I had the same situation just this month.. they was pretty sure it was cancer, I was having trouble swallowing, and had gone to the ER a few times with my neck and throat hurting me soooo bad I thought I would die.. anyway, after the biopsy it took a few days and luckly it wasn't cancer.. Not even sarcoid.. they couldn't tell me exactly what it was.. but after it was removed and I recovered from the surgery itself.. I'm doing ok, still some swallowing difficulty and still a large lump under my right jaw.. but Im ok..

I hope this encourages you, and I had already accepted the fact that last christmas may be my last one.. and I couldn't eat because of the surgery 3 days before.. but hey.. I made it.. Hang in there..

Best wishes,

NS Moderator

Re: throat sx

In a message dated 1/15/2008 4:17:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, kluvsrsanda (AT) yahoo (DOT) com writes:

I'm going in for surgery on the 29th to remove a mass in my throat, actually in my thyroid glad, that they have determined is cancer. the mass has become so large that is causes ear aches, swallowing problems, and neck pain.

Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thirty-two years ago, I had my thyroid removed because of a goiter on it that was the size of a small grapefruit. It was sarcoidosis even then.

I felt so much better afterwards, my hormones leveled out, my heart wasn't racing, and I could sleep! I hadn't had that experience from the age of 12 to 18. So it was such an incredible relief.

Hang in there and know that things will get better.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 1/14/2008 5:39 PM

Kendra, a dear friends daughter had a very similar situation, they

removed her thyroid and some tissue around it. They then gave her

radiation treatment and I believe some Chemo. She not only had the

cancer in her thyroid, it had metastasized.

It's been a few months since all of this happened. Recently she had a

blood test that showed that there were no cancerous cells in her

body. They will wait a few months and do a CTScan. So keep your

spirits up and do something a friend taught me to do recently. He

imagion that what you are fearful of has happened and benn taken

care of with wonderful results.

Each time I do this it gets easier. My neurosarcoidoisis has been

found in my brain for many years, the seratonin receptors are very

damaged, I get these crazy anxiety and panic attacks since then. Our

friends here have been so good and so much help.

I have learned to let everyone know where I am at, the assistance

they have given me has really helped to shorten these episodes.

I don't know how I could get through some of my crazy episodes.

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Hugs

Judy in PA

-------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

imagion that what you are fearful of has happened and benn taken care of with wonderful results.

Judy,

What a wonderful friend you have. Thank him for sharing this with you, and thank you for sharing it with us!!

Hugs,

TracieStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.