RemedySpot.com

RE: throat sx re: tracie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I just read your letter about thyroid . When I was 17, I was dx with hyperthyroid. I also had a goiter but didn't know it. I was not living at home , meaning my parents didn't notice nor did my friends and not closing the top button of my shirt because it chocked me. I did stutter a lot. They found out about it due to a blood test i had to take for something alse. I wonder today if that had anything to do with sarcoid. My mother had told me that her father also had a goiter but thwenit was called Basidov disease.

After reading the e mail I wonder if it was due to sarcoid and didn't know it then.

Voiced Pomy

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: tiodaat@...Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:17:04 -0500Subject: Re: throat sx

In a message dated 1/15/2008 4:17:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, kluvsrsanda (AT) yahoo (DOT) com writes:

I'm going in for surgery on the 29th to remove a mass in my throat, actually in my thyroid glad, that they have determined is cancer. the mass has become so large that is causes ear aches, swallowing problems, and neck pain.

Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thirty-two years ago, I had my thyroid removed because of a goiter on it that was the size of a small grapefruit. It was sarcoidosis even then.

I felt so much better afterwards, my hormones leveled out, my heart wasn't racing, and I could sleep! I hadn't had that experience from the age of 12 to 18. So it was such an incredible relief.

Hang in there and know that things will get better.

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

Pomi, The thyroid thing seems to be an issue for many of us. I know that the path report did not state sarcoidosis, but then that was back in 1975, so even if the docs saw it-- it was just blown off as a goiter causing hyperthyroidism.

At the same time, I was constantly fighting sinus and respiratory infections. How much of that was due to being around all the dust from the floor covering that my dad did-- he installed linoleum floors and asphalt tile-- so he was forever coming home with his huge sander full of dust from removing the old floor coverings. We also had an open field across the street from us, and were surrounded by almond and walnut orchards. The rice fields of Northern California surrounded the whole area-- so it is a huge agricultural center.

The pesticides and fertilizers were sprayed on either by tractors pulling the tanks, or by airplanes spraying from overhead. I seemed to be sick from the beginning of spring through the fall.

Between all the antibiotics, all the prednisone and cortisol shots-- I lived on that for all my youth.

How much of it is connected to my sarc-- I suspect it all is, but we couldn't even diagnosis it then-- and again, it was figured to be a small problem.

Take care,

TracieStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hi,

My thyroid problem started in 1969.

I'm originally from san francisco and never knew there were rice fields in n. calif. Where are you at?

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: tiodaat@...Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:55:02 -0500Subject: Re: throat sx re: tracie

Pomi, The thyroid thing seems to be an issue for many of us. I know that the path report did not state sarcoidosis, but then that was back in 1975, so even if the docs saw it-- it was just blown off as a goiter causing hyperthyroidism.

At the same time, I was constantly fighting sinus and respiratory infections. How much of that was due to being around all the dust from the floor covering that my dad did-- he installed linoleum floors and asphalt tile-- so he was forever coming home with his huge sander full of dust from removing the old floor coverings. We also had an open field across the street from us, and were surrounded by almond and walnut orchards. The rice fields of Northern California surrounded the whole area-- so it is a huge agricultural center.

The pesticides and fertilizers were sprayed on either by tractors pulling the tanks, or by airplanes spraying from overhead. I seemed to be sick from the beginning of spring through the fall.

Between all the antibiotics, all the prednisone and cortisol shots-- I lived on that for all my youth.

How much of it is connected to my sarc-- I suspect it all is, but we couldn't even diagnosis it then-- and again, it was figured to be a small problem.

Take care,

Tracie

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

I'm originally from san francisco and never knew there were rice fields in n. calif. Where are you at?

Magalia California-- It's about 25 minutes up into the foothills above Chico. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.